MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

Thanks again for all the feedback. Life is quite full right how, but I was finally able to finish the Rockies. There are some parts of it I really like and other parts that I'm not sure about.

ROCKIESLOGOS.png

rockieshomeuniforms.png

rockiesawayuniforms.png

RockiesElementExplanation.png

I'm not sure about the pinstripes on the gray uniform and the color of the road unis. I decided to give them a darker shade of gray than normal color; it actually matches their tertiary color.

I'm also not sure about the piping on the alternate jerseys. It is unique, but I'm not sure I like it.

I decided to stay with a custom font instead of using the serif heavy gothic that they used (thanks so much, Lights Out, for helping me out with that). I did this to match the c from their flag. I really like incorporating that into the Rockies' identity; it helps emphasize that they are Colorado's team. Therefore, I matched the rest of the wordmarks to the c from the flag. I really wanted to use the c-with-the-baseball on a hat, but it just looks too much like a Cubs hat (which is why I went with the mountain on the hat as well). I added the r to the c-baseball image to make a tertiary logo, but the tertiary doesn't show up on their uniforms.

In some odd way, these remind me of the 1990's Expos jerseys. Nonetheless, nice job.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback on the Rockies. I will be working on an update as I have time.

I was able to finish the Dodgers since I had some extra free time last night and this morning.

DODGERSLOGOS.png

DODGERSUNIFORMS.png

The Dodgers have had a very consistent look throughout the years, even dating back to the Brooklyn days. There wasn't much that I found to incorporate (the exception is the graph-paper alternate). The Dodgers-script gray uniform is unnecessary, so I got rid of it. They have home and away uniforms with some possible alternates that would be used as BP jerseys (and thus could be sold). The graph-paper alternate is an updated version of their 1916 uniforms.

The only real change I made to the Dodgers' design is the script on their home jersey. I decided to use the Dodgers script from their main logo instead of the script they use. I rotated it to match the angle of their current Dodgers script and modified the tail to match it as well.

I also made the squatchee (hat button) blue instead of white. I just don't like the look of the white button on their caps.

award%20sig.png

Diamondbacks: I really like the color scheme you wound up using, and the elements flow nicely. Well done!

Rockies: Aside from the already-mentioned neck-piping issue, and the road pinstripes (which I understand, considering the goal of this concept series and the significance of road pinstripes for the Rockies), I like it. The scripts are well-executed, and the cap/primary logo works well. Good job, but could be even better.

Dodgers: I'm not really a fan of using the primary's script logo on the uniforms, but other than that, I like the graph-paper alt.

I can't wait to see you Padres and Giants (you might want to put in another poll for the Padres' color scheme).

Here is my update for the Rockies.

ROCKIESLOGOSv2.png

rockieshomeuniformsv2.png

rockiesawayuniformsv2.png

I added a peak that I assume was hiding behind the ball; thanks to Giants1883 for pointing that out. The angle of the mountain below the ball doesn't match the angle above the ball, so I think a peak is hidden. I also took TheGiantsFan's suggestion to double stroke the mountain on the hat. I also took BTL and Giants1883's suggestions for placement and size of the hat logo. What do you think of the new hats? I'm not sure about the purple bill with the purple mountain on top of it, and I'm not sure if the logo is too low on the hat. Here are different angles of how the hats would look.

56fea7a92558469cb15e303c7b4f4e8f.png4910d639daa3473099611c54a9bfd8fc.png

I also took away the pinstripes on the gray uniforms and added standard piping to the jerseys. I added numbers to the front of the jerseys, but I decided not to add capital letters to the scripts and kept the scripts slanted. I kept both of these to keep from deviating too far from the original Denver Bears' scripts that I based these on.

What do you think of the updates? Specifically, what do you think of the silver piping on the black jersey? Is it too many colors on one jersey?

award%20sig.png

Looking good.

However, the wordmarks still look off as placed on the jerseys. Either skew the letters such that the vertical strokes in them are paralell with the vertical axis of the jersey OR place the marks horizontal with no tilt.

With respect to the hat, Move the the entire logo such that the C is where you think it ought to be, then scale the mountain a touch larger. Next, extend the base of the mountain to the bill. The outlines at the base are unneeded, the purple is part of the fabric of the hat and the C, top outlines, and snow are the embroiderery

Thanks again for the feedback. I should have some updates before long, but I have started thinking about the Padres and their color scheme. Originally I wanted to avoid the brown and yellow look because almost every Padres concept on this site uses that color scheme. That being said, it does look good... there is a reason everyone uses it. The Padres have had two browns, two oranges, yellow, dark blue, and light blue, so there are many possibilities. I decided that I wouldn't use the brighter orange because it is close to the Giants' orange. Here are nine options; let me know what you think. (Click on the image to enlarge.)

PADRESCOLOROPTIONS.png

I do like the light blue and brown combinations. It doesn't scream Padres, but it would be a unique look. What do you think?

award%20sig.png

... I decided that I wouldn't use the brighter orange because it is close to the Giants' orange...

Mildly perplexing that you rule the Giants-y orange out of the Padres equation. I'd be fine sharing our orange with the Padres.

I trust that the PCL Padres will factor into the mix?

Given those choices, 3B followed by 4B.

Archived