MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback. Options 2 and 4 were the most voted for. Since no one liked option 3, I guessed that most people liked 4 since it didn't have the teardrop outline. I don't really like the teardrop either so I dropped it from option 2 to get my finished logo.

REDSLOGOS.png

RedsUniforms.png

REDSElementExplanation.png

I decided to give the Reds vests since they were the second team to ever wear them (the Cubs were actually the first) and it brings more red into the home and away uniforms. For a team named after a color, I felt that was a good idea. The alternate is a regular jersey.

As you can see, I limited black to an outline color. I don't think it should be used for more than that, but I do think the black outlines help the look (but some of you will probably disagree). I did not think a black-billed cap was necessary, and I didn't want to add that much black. Plus, they don't need more than one hat.

I went with their running man logo from the Seventies and on. Their current Mr. Red mascot logo (also used in the 50s and 60s) looks too much like Mr. Met. As Jimmy Fallon says about the current mascot: "Thank you, Cincinnati Reds mascot, for looking like Mr. Met in the Witness Protection Program."

award%20sig.png

Looks great! I wish the Reds would get rid of the drop shadow and just trim their numbers in black, and this confirms my opinion.

I'm anxious to see what you have in store for the Brewers, there are four very different design styles to work with (1970-77, 1978-93, 1994-99, and 2000-present), and it would be very easy to force elements in order to make it work. That one's definitely going to be a challenge for you.

QPR%20Sig.png

Marlins are perfect. They are just great, way better than their real ones. And the braves are perfect as well. Love the leaveson the sleeves. Reds are great too. I like the cubs and mets logos but their uniforms are dissapointing. Nats and Phils are god awful in my opinion. But this series os the best I've seen so far, and I've been on this website since 2008.

33k6vxf.jpg

Not bad. That's all I gotta say. Great job!

Well done! I would've personally went with a the Big Red Machine era for the numbers and for "Cincinnati" but that's just me.

I like it! While block numbers and a block "Cincinnati" script would make it better, it's still really good. I'm really looking forward to what you're doing with the Brewers (I'm assuming the Pilots count towards their history).

Thanks for the comments. I decided to use their unique font instead of going with block script for another team, but I can definitely understand why you prefer the classic look.

Marlins are perfect. They are just great, way better than their real ones. And the braves are perfect as well. Love the leaveson the sleeves. Reds are great too. I like the cubs and mets logos but their uniforms are dissapointing. Nats and Phils are god awful in my opinion. But this series os the best I've seen so far, and I've been on this website since 2008.

Thanks for your kind words. Keep the criticism coming; if you have any more specific suggestions, let me know.

Liked what you did with the reds

Whatever, you do, don't do any of the mid 90's brewers looks

Looks great! I wish the Reds would get rid of the drop shadow and just trim their numbers in black, and this confirms my opinion.

I'm anxious to see what you have in store for the Brewers, there are four very different design styles to work with (1970-77, 1978-93, 1994-99, and 2000-present), and it would be very easy to force elements in order to make it work. That one's definitely going to be a challenge for you.

tv15

For the brewers you should do

Glove Logo in current colors

Keep current scripts

Giants 1883:

When it comes to the Brewers, my favorite of their wordmarks is the cursive one from the early 90's

Replace the ribbon underline with a barley head and you'd have something.

There have been a bunch of comments about the Brewers. I am currently working on them, but there are quite a few ways I can go with them. Thanks for your interest. The barley head underline is a very interesting idea. I'll see how it works.

I will incorporate the Pilots into the Mariners concept. It doesn't make much sense to try to incorporate it into the Brewers look. I will incorporate the Milwaukee Brewers that were a minor league team for the first half of the 20th century.

award%20sig.png

Thumbing back through what you've done so far..

* Digging Atlanta, The Amazin's, and the Cubs!

* Reds: not bad, but I've never been a fan of the vest.

* Meh on the Marlins

* Not liking the Phillies in Marroon, nor the "W" and number font for the Nats.

Curious what you're gonna do for the Giants!

Life has been crazy recently, and I haven't been able to devote much time to this. I am working on the Brewers and hopefully I will be done with them in the next few days.

I will do the Giants when it is their turn. I am working on them alphabetically by division.

award%20sig.png

More Ideas for the brewers

Primary- Current Cap Logo [with drop shadow replaced with a metallic gold outline]

Alternative- Ball in glove logo [in current team colors]

Territory- youniform sleeve patch

Numbers- [Drop shadow also removed]

Here are the Brewers. I won't say too much since the designs do the talking. I did take Giants 1883's advice and take the early 90's wordmark with a head of barley incorporated. There are a few elements I'm not sure about, so I'm curious to see what your response will be.

BREWERSLOGOS.png

MBHomeUniformSet.png

MBAwayUniformSet.png

BrewersElementExplanation.png

I decided to use their current font even though I don't love it. It is a unique font, and I have a tendency to use those to help differentiate their look. Also, I'm not incorporating too much from their current era, so that was another way to help combine eras.

award%20sig.png

Archived