MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that certainly turned out interesting, David. It would certainly be one of most unique color combos in all of MLB. It almost looks like MiLB or college baseball uniforms. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the cap matched with the home alternate. The road alternate would be their best look, IMO.

Thanks for taking the time to do it. :)

• 3 months later...

i would just like to say Mr Miller, that the designs that you have made are so good, i use them in my current dynasties of OOTP...if you would like to see what your handiwork looks like in action...click on this link..

i did ask Pwal to make some minor changes to your designs, but i have made sure that you have received proper credit for this excellent work of uniform, logo and cap design for MLB

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-dynasty-reports/253398-dive-2015-miami-marlins-baseball-season-4.html

scroll down a little and see your artistry and Pwal's at work

• 4 months later...

Hi David,

I know this project is completed but I was wondering if you would indulge another request. Now that the Dbacks have unveiled their controversial new uniform set, would you consider modifying your original Arizona concept by incorporating elements of their new look? Specifically, the addition of Sedona red to the black and teal scheme you established. Of course, there are other possible elements you could work in as well, such as the snakeskin gradient pattern and the road uniform's dark gray.

Just a thought. :)

Hi David,

I know this project is completed but I was wondering if you would indulge another request. Now that the Dbacks have unveiled their controversial new uniform set, would you consider modifying your original Arizona concept by incorporating elements of their new look? Specifically, the addition of Sedona red to the black and teal scheme you established. Of course, there are other possible elements you could work in as well, such as the snakeskin gradient pattern and the road uniform's dark gray.

Just a thought. :)

Coco, I am actually beginning work on a fix of the new Diamondback jerseys in the vein of Brandon Moore's Fix-It-Friday series. I am going to take a lot of what they do--like the snakeskin pattern--and try to make it work a little better. I'm not planning on doing a combination-of-eras look right now, though.

I was hoping to get that finished in the next day or two, but I don't think that's going to happen. I hope to get it done before too long, but between work and family responsibilities, my free time is down quite a bit. (My wife wants me to get the Christmas picture designed, and I have a 5-month old son...he takes quite a bit of time. I'm not complaining, though.)

award%20sig.png

Coco, I am actually beginning work on a fix of the new Diamondback jerseys in the vein of Brandon Moore's Fix-It-Friday series. I am going to take a lot of what they do--like the snakeskin pattern--and try to make it work a little better. I'm not planning on doing a combination-of-eras look right now, though.

I was hoping to get that finished in the next day or two, but I don't think that's going to happen. I hope to get it done before too long, but between work and family responsibilities, my free time is down quite a bit. (My wife wants me to get the Christmas picture designed, and I have a 5-month old son...he takes quite a bit of time. I'm not complaining, though.)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I hope that when you do have some more free time in the future you will consider redoing the Dbacks for this series, though. As much as I enjoyed the concept you came up with, I think that working in elements of their new look would produce something quite interesting.

• 9 months later...

I'm sorry if this is considered uncalled-for bumping of a thread, but I thought some of you might enjoy an update.  The other day @TVIXX messaged me and let me know that website called dhgate.com that has versions of my Brewers design for sale.  It is a site that seems to sell knockoff jerseys.  I did some searching and also found some of my Phillies, Marlins, and Rangers concepts available for purchase as well.  If you would like to see them, you can check them out here: LINK.  They have all four of my Brewers and Phillies concepts (although they are using my cream instead of white for the Brewers, the red Rangers jersey, and the teal and yellow Marlins jerseys.  Of all Marlins concepts, they chose the yellow?  That made me laugh.  They are listing them as "new design throwbacks," however that works.  I then checked aliexpress.com and found my Phillies (all four) and Marlins (again, teal and yellow) concepts available for sale.  My personal favorite is this image:Screen%20Shot%202016-09-17%20at%2010.56.

I really like that they took my design without my knowledge, but if I use this picture "unauthorizedly," I could have to deal with the "relevant consequences!"  I doubt if they would like to get into a legal battle with MLB over legitimate use of logos and images.  

Anyhow, thanks to @TVIXX for making me aware of that some of my designs are being produced in China.  If anyone finds any other of my designs being sold, I'd really like to know it.

award%20sig.png

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Have you reached out to them about this, @davidmiller5?

I have not. I guess I don't think I could get in touch with them; or even if I could, I don't think it would make any difference.  I don't imagine that Chinese companies that create items like this have much of a customer service department.

award%20sig.png

• 1 year later...

Archived