MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYMETSLOGOSv2.png

MetsUniformsv2.png

MetsElementExplanation.png

The Mets have had a consistent look since their inaugural season in 1962. Personally, I don't think that they should wear pinstripes; if you are the little brother in New York why mimic the Yankees iconic look? But they have consistently worn pinstripes, so they stay.

The only tweaks to the Mets logo happened in 1999 when they updated colors and got rid of the little NY to the left of the Mets script. I kept the current logo but reverted to their original colors in which the blue is a bit lighter and the orange is less bright.

I wanted to incorporate some aspect of their 1986 uniforms when they won the World Series, so I gave them racing stripes on the alternate.

I didn't think an alternate hat was necessary. The current hat has an orange button (squatchee), but I removed that to give it a more classic look.

I went with the original Mr. Met as the tertiary logo. He was used from 1963-1970.

I decided that the drop shadow and black alternate didn't need to be represented. I think that blue alternate with orange accents looks much more like the Mets and New York as a whole. (And I know what these boards think of the black Mets days.)

EDIT: I updated the tertiary logo on 4/7/14 because ren69 updated the Mr. Met logo.

award%20sig.png

Alternate sure is unique!

And it took me quite a while to notice the difference in your new Mets city logo. Lighter colors, a skinnier bridge, and the removal of the NY are what I noticed.

Yes, the changes were slight, but you found them. The bridge is skinnier because the vector that I found was like that. I didn't really notice it until after I had used it. The white outline around Mets was also a very thin outline, but I fixed that. Maybe I should go back and thicken up the bridge.

award%20sig.png

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like some input on my Phillies design. I am trying to incorporate the design (baseball?) in the P from their maroon years with their 50-60s wordmark (which their current wordmark is based on). Here are rough drafts of what I have, first as the hat logo then with the entire wordmark.

ScreenShot2014-02-18at103147AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at103205AM.png

ScreenShot2014-02-18at103443AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at103426AM.png

I am having a hard time avoiding the ball looking like a hurricane. Do you like the idea or should I scrap it? If I should keep it, how can I make it better?

Please note that these are rough drafts. They aren't cleaned up and I haven't really done anything with the stars yet. My main concern is getting the P right.

I think that part of the issue might be the outline and the different colored background. Here are some looks without the outline.

ScreenShot2014-02-18at111544AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at111626AM.png

award%20sig.png

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like some input on my Phillies design. I am trying to incorporate the design (baseball?) in the P from their maroon years with their 50-60s wordmark (which their current wordmark is based on). Here are rough drafts of what I have, first as the hat logo then with the entire wordmark.

ScreenShot2014-02-18at103147AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at103205AM.png

ScreenShot2014-02-18at103443AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at103426AM.png

I am having a hard time avoiding the ball looking like a hurricane. Do you like the idea or should I scrap it? If I should keep it, how can I make it better?

Please note that these are rough drafts. They aren't cleaned up and I haven't really done anything with the stars yet. My main concern is getting the P right.

I think that part of the issue might be the outline and the different colored background. Here are some looks without the outline.

ScreenShot2014-02-18at111544AM.pngScreenShot2014-02-18at111626AM.png

I like the smaller ball

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

I made the ball smaller.

ScreenShot2014-02-19at101736AM.png

I then made this edit. I think it helps out the look.

ScreenShot2014-02-19at101721AM.png

I think this helps it look less like a hurricane; I'm not sure if it helps out the robot eye. Let me know.

Note that it isn't cleaned up; I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it I won't end up using it.

award%20sig.png

The bottom one looks a lot better, but try to center the ball a little more. Maybe make the P look more like the 70s style one that you're imitating and just have that P match in with the rest of "hillies." Maybe you could get rid of that top loop and round off the top-left of the P to sort of morph it better. OR, scrapping this whole P thing, change the stars in the Phillies script to the baseballs.

I tried out some other ideas for the Phillies. I tried replacing the baseball with a star, I tried using the P logo from the 80s, and I tried curving the top right of the P, but I didn't like how any of them looked. I then tried going back to the wordmark without the baseball, but even that didn't look right to me. In the end, I came to like the old-style P with the baseball in it. So here is the concept.

PHILADELPHIALOGOS.png

PHILLIESUNIFORMS.png

PhilliesElementExplanation.png

I decided not to give the Phillies pinstripes. They didn't use pinstripes for the first 50 years of their existence (with one or two years as an exception). I didn't use any other uniform stylings from before 1950, so the lack of pinstripes is a nod to those years. The uniforms are based on the current road uniforms with the wide cuff and pant piping. I also use the current NOB and number font and placement. The Phillies' away uniforms were this same blue-gray color from 1970-72. I though it was a good way to have a different colored away uniform without being too bright or garish.

The red alternate is based on their 1970-91 uniforms (especially their '79 red alternates). The blue alternate wouldn't be worn on the road because the bright blue would clash with the blue-gray road pants.

award%20sig.png

Archived