A11 Football League Branding

JackieMoon

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I can't believe how much I really like those. I don't even mind the staggered numbers (although I also don't know really see the point of that, either).

THIS is modern done right. (Are you listening, Tampa?? :cursing: )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The offset numbers are the only things throwing me off. Too bad this is just a concept, as these are still pretty good. My favorite part about them is probably the sleeve striping.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

For me the offset numbers, while odd, somehow make sense for a team with a Sea Lions motif. I would hate to see that on another team, like the Generals for example, but for 1 team, why not? the striping on the helmet, pants and sleeves is great. A very solid modern uniform that does not jump the shark like some (*cough* Tampa *cough*) do.

I do think, however, that the black pants would work better with the white jersey and the white pants with the orange jersey, but at least it is not a full unitard in orange or in black. I also think silver pants would be a good option for this team.

Wow...I can't believe how much I really like those. I don't even mind the staggered numbers (although I also don't know really see the point of that, either).

THIS is modern done right. (Are you listening, Tampa?? :cursing: )

This for the win.

The staggered numbers are a bit odd, but when thinking of "SeaLions", and how the numbers would bob in the water if they floated as waves pass by, it kinda makes sense, I guess.

not really big on the number font but i like that idea of staggered numbers. i really like that whole uniform a lot actually. great colors, great logo, the stripes and sleeve art is all really good; really cool looking. you have this sense of motion all over the uniform like things are kind of riding on a wave and the numbers reflect that, but again i think there could have been a better font choice. or at very least take the cuts out of the numbers. it makes it all very complicated in a small space

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The league shared these on Facebook today.

90CB4BDF-9566-46C7-8B44-CCEF869F6F77_zps

D8CF6B00-AF89-4101-92DF-333E7ED43667_zps

41EC3767-6864-4BF4-A6A9-EFC3E6FC0225_zps

2A98C55A-B6FC-4E96-9F7E-96CFE1BDB5D6_zps

I don't like the way they have the numbers staggered but other than that, I have no issues and really like them.

Call me crazy but on the arms, it looks like they're suppose to be flippers for the sea lion. I like the look of the set for Bay Area.

baltimoreravens.png

This is the only concept we've seen, I don't believe that means Nike necessarily has been chosen.

Why even put Nike on the jersey then? it was posted on their own Facebook I believe. If the concept was made without intentions of a manufacturer, the nike symbol would've just been let off completely.

My guess is that the designer used a NIKE template and the facebook manager for the league did not notice or did not care. It is just a concept, something to post because there was no actual league news last week. I get the distinct impression from the webpage that the facebook manager has a bit of free reign to fill space just to keep people hitting the site. They have said that they have not yet picked a uniform provider and that the final versions of the uniforms, including helmet striping, will be determined later. They don't start play until 2015 (2014 showcase games will use generic teams, not city-specific teams) so they have not locked up the designs or uniforms yet.

They could literally go to one of the online uniform design pages and get the showcase uniforms there. I don't see a huge amount of money going for two sets of uniforms for two games. They could recycle the pants and helmets at least.

That is one of the more troubling things about the league. They have revealed nothing about who is funding this league and all the artwork is just that, artwork. No actual helmets or uniforms are being produced yet. I hope the league is legit, but I need to know that there is actual money behind this thing and not just an active facebook page before I feel at all confident that this is legit.

I highly doubt it's about whether A11 has chosen Nike. You don't choose Nike.

Nike chooses you.

And they're not going to put their brand on a league that could go belly up in 2 seasons.

I highly doubt it's about whether A11 has chosen Nike. You don't choose Nike.

Nike chooses you.

And they're not going to put their brand on a league that could go belly up in 2 seasons.

Nike may have a lot of leeway in a situation like this, but I wouldn't exactly say what you're saying is true. Nike are still the ones getting paid to manufacturer the jerseys.

Archived