A11 Football League

Sodboy13

Birmingham has been successful with its teams so lumping it in with those other markets is deceptive. Legion Field has been upgraded since the Stallions' time. BirminghamProSports can verify that along with others.

By upgraded, you must mean the removal of the upper deck because it was condemned in the mid-2000s.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham has been successful with its teams so lumping it in with those other markets is deceptive. Legion Field has been upgraded since the Stallions' time. BirminghamProSports can verify that along with others.

San Antonio is the faster growing market with the recent success of the UTSA program in C-USA and the hard times t.u. has fallen on. El Paso would even be a good market to look at for expansion with its recent move into Triple A baseball.

Yeah man. I haven't the faintest idea why UAB is trying to abandon Legion Field and Texas has really fallen on hard times.....aww who am i kidding, say hello to Archimedes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I remember when I first looked into the league they had possible QB candidates. I remember that Central Michigan guy who was drafted by the bears was one. Just a lot of college guys who didn't do anything in the Pros

Colt Brennan/Chris Leak/John David Booty/Marcus Vick for MVP

Dan LeFevour?

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

They were ineligible for a bowl this year but made a run on their division. And it's true they finished a game back of their best record as a new D-1/FCS school. This coming season will be their first as a full member of C-USA in football. At least that is what I understand from the father of one of the starting DEs.

I remember when I first looked into the league they had possible QB candidates. I remember that Central Michigan guy who was drafted by the bears was one. Just a lot of college guys who didn't do anything in the Pros

Dan LeFevour?

Yeah, I couldn't remember his name.

http://a11flmagazine.blogspot.com/2014/01/qb-possibilities-begin-to-crystalize.html?m=1

Dan LeFevour?

Yeah, I couldn't remember his name.

http://a11flmagazine.blogspot.com/2014/01/qb-possibilities-begin-to-crystalize.html?m=1

You mean the starting QB for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats; Dan LeFevour?

1zqy8ok.gif

I think there's more harm than good done by these alt-leagues and their penchant for mixing up the standard rule sets.

I get that they want to promote a more exciting brand of football, but this isn't a league that TV viewers are likely to watch on purpose. Most viewers will probably stumble upon it while channel surfing, which means it's highly likely they'll begin watching the game at some point after they've explained why the left tackle just caught a touchdown pass. While it's not a difficult concept to understand, the average TV viewer will likely skip to the next channel rather than wait around to learn more.

@sohiosportsfreak, I think that there's a place for the 300+ pounders but they probably wouldn't be the lumbering, get-timed-with-a-sundial type. They may be more on the defensive side more often. The Denver Broncos had an A-11 type line a few years back that averaged 270-280 lbs. Quick, athletic, technically sound blockers. I haven't seen too much of the A-11 so I don't know if there's a majority one way or the other between man blocking and zone blocking.

@gosioux76, the showcase games will cover half of that problem. I think ESPN will probably have a A-11 "primer" show on one or all of their networks relatively close to the first showcase game. I'd like to see the announcer/play by play team selection process and their preparation. Lee Corso I'm thinking is a given as he's closest to that era of offense. For the life of me, I can't think of the former Bronco lineman they have in studio who would be a good fit.

Edit: Mark Schlereth is whom I was thinking of.

San Antonio is the faster growing market with the recent success of the UTSA program in C-USA and the hard times t.u. has fallen on. El Paso would even be a good market to look at for expansion with its recent move into Triple A baseball.

Yeah man. I haven't the faintest idea why UAB is trying to abandon Legion Field and Texas has really fallen on hard times.....aww who am i kidding, say hello to Archimedes.

Well Legion Field was upgraded after the Stallions were there, bu that was late 80's early 90's. It is a heap now went to the BBVA Compass Bowl last year and the concrete is crumbling and it is falling apart.

Well Legion Field was upgraded after the Stallions were there, bu that was late 80's early 90's. It is a heap now went to the BBVA Compass Bowl last year and the concrete is crumbling and it is falling apart.

I knew about AN upgrade but I was mistaken thinking it had one after that.

So the big rule change is that tackles don't have to report as eligible since they're wearing eligible jersey numbers? That's it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I messaged the A11 FB page and got a response. I asked if it was true that 7 and 8 would be Denver and Detroit/ Gold and Panthers coming back. All I got was a wink. So I'm betting those are the two final franchises. However, I do not think the Denver Gold name will return. Probably will be something else to do with mining since that is how Denver was formed (like SF). My guess is Miners like the guy mentioned a couple pages before.

Damn, I love the lack of economic forethought from these people. Outside of ESPN, I am not sure where they are getting other revenue which justifies them thinking that a 49% share of a franchise is worth $10M (or more). If the reports regarding the new MLS contract are true, then that league which will begin season 19 will receive less than $4M/team in television starting in 2015.

There is no way the A11FL will have that much per team in season 1.

$4M team payroll, another $1.2M for coaches, another $1M administrative staff...you see how the money is burning and there still are costs like local team offices/practice facilities.

Locations: They seem hell bent on using stadiums which have master leases controlled by NFL teams, thus the NFL teams control the revenue and avenues towards revenue, like concessions and parking. They are just handing over $$$ to NFL owners without a fight. The $150,000 which they are paying to use Raymond James Stadium in Tampa for the “showcase game” is the same rent which the USF Bulls pay the Tampa Sports Authority.

The Bay Area Sea Lions have no home stadium, since Candlestick will be closed to the public this fall for demolition which is to be done no later than spring 2015. Even in last week's presser, Candlestick was not named, but Stanford, Cal, and even Levi's Stadium were mentioned.

The Bucs, Broncos, and NYG/NYJ control the stadium revenues for their home venues. USC controls the Coliseum. If they go to Detroit, the Lions will get paid too unless they decide to play in Ypsilanti since the Silverdome is not an option.

Hell, even if they elect San Antonio, the city would take parking and concessions in addition to per game rent. UTSA pays slightly less than what USF pays in Tampa.

I cannot wait until they ask the officiating crews to accept payment in the next alternative to Bitcoin.

Archived