Mizzou's Michael Sam comes out

McCall

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there has been enough evidence that being gay is caused by a genetic annoramilty. Who knows if they ever issolate what causes it or how to indentify, but whatever it is a something in the DNA of some people and even animals.

What will be intersting to see what happens politically if they do issolate the gay gene.

Would a Pro-Life Christian have an Abotion?

Would many Pro-Choice people suddenly want restrictions on abortion, especially people in the gay community.

That will be some battle and the hyprocracy will be flying.

I honestly don't know if that post's offensive. ...Is that post offensive?

If it is offensive, then you need some thicker skin.

What?

It wouldn't be offensive to me personally as I am not gay, I was asking if the "gay gene" comment could have been offensive to gay people and then he brought up abortion.

How can gay gene be offensive its no different than a gene that makes some one have blue eyes, everything is in the genes.

I was just thinking aloud what will happen if they can figure out what that gene looks like and how to identify it with the DNA mapping that is going on.

I'd rather we focus our energies on isolating the gene that causes typos.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hate how the term "bigot" is thrown around so frequintley now. I feel that most people who call out so called "bigots" can be hypocritical. For example, if someone is called a bigot because they do not believe in the tolerance in homosexuality, but do not hate against homosexuality by just stating their opinion, like the Calgary reciever, is called a bigot how is the accurate? The definiton of bigot is "one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" how did he hate against gays?

So in that case, wouldn't the people who insult the non-gay supporters by saying they "aren't with the times" or "ignorant" be bigots themselves? Hating against a group for their own beliefs?

I probably didn't really relay my thoughts that well In my post, it's just something that always had struck me as odd. I really don't lean strongly pro or against, just a thought I had.

You assume that one has to be against The Gay Lifestyle™ in order to be a practicing Christian. That myth has been debunked numerous times on this board. So yes, whether religion is used to justify such feelings or not, anyone who expects someone else to alter their life to the point of pretending to be something they're not because of their own personal discomfort is... at the very least... an a~hole. And probably a bigot.

I hate how the term "bigot" is thrown around so frequintley now. I feel that most people who call out so called "bigots" can be hypocritical. For example, if someone is called a bigot because they do not believe in the tolerance in homosexuality, but do not hate against homosexuality by just stating their opinion, like the Calgary reciever, is called a bigot how is the accurate? The definiton of bigot is "one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" how did he hate against gays?

So in that case, wouldn't the people who insult the non-gay supporters by saying they "aren't with the times" or "ignorant" be bigots themselves? Hating against a group for their own beliefs?

I probably didn't really relay my thoughts that well In my post, it's just something that always had struck me as odd. I really don't lean strongly pro or against, just a thought I had.

StopThat.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

StopThat.jpg

More seriously, we are little more than a week removed from Supreme Court conservatives firing the first shots in their quest to greatly roll back (if not outright neutralize) the establishment clause. Please explain to me, fair Christians, how you are being so brutally oppressed in this country when you JUST GOT THE :censored: ING OK TO LEAD OFF GOVERNMENTAL MEETINGS WITH PRAYER FROM "VOLUNTEER" CHAPLAINS?!*

*-Yes, I know, the test is "the prayer mustn't proselytize". But that test's going to be ignored because Christian prayer proselytizes as a rule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm ELCA Lutheran and they allow gay clergy in committed monogamous relationships. In fact a year ago they elected a openly gay bishop. About 40% of ministers also believe in gay marriage. Its not perfect but its a ton further along than many forms of Christianity when it comes to gay rights.

I think there has been enough evidence that being gay is caused by a genetic annoramilty. Who knows if they ever issolate what causes it or how to indentify, but whatever it is a something in the DNA of some people and even animals.

What will be intersting to see what happens politically if they do issolate the gay gene.

Would a Pro-Life Christian have an Abotion?

Would many Pro-Choice people suddenly want restrictions on abortion, especially people in the gay community.

That will be some battle and the hyprocracy will be flying.

I honestly don't know if that post's offensive. ...Is that post offensive?

If it is offensive, then you need some thicker skin.

What?

It wouldn't be offensive to me personally as I am not gay, I was asking if the "gay gene" comment could have been offensive to gay people and then he brought up abortion.

It's not worth it!

That's the funny thing in all of this. That those that so proudly trumpet their identity as Christians and use it to justify their bigoted feelings of homosexuals are often the ones who have the least knowledge of their religion. That they're often Protestants of some form is the ironic cherry atop of this sad sundae.

And unfortunately, they're the people who bring a bad name to the religion. Many have a gag reflex when Christian faith comes up, and that's really unfortunate, because the core of Christianity is acceptance. Even those who do not believe in the religion should look upon it's principles favorably. But I can't really blame those who don't because there are so many who have skewed it's teachings towards intolerance.

Hell, I'm a Christian, and I even have that gag reflex when people begin talking of their faith.

Oh I know. And it's sad. I know Christians, here and in real life, who are tolerant and accepting people. They deserve better then to have their religion be represented by the nuordrs and nash61s of the world.

It's not worth it!

spacer.png

After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam celebrated by kissing his boyfriend. This is historic because it’s the first time anyone has celebrated being drafted by the St. Louis Rams. - Conan O'Brien

Just easin' the tension baby, just easin' the tension

What you didn't know is that this would set me into a spree of defending my Rams. You probably should have known this, but I suppose you'll learn.

Ok, just kidding. I won't do that. This time. ;)

After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam celebrated by kissing his boyfriend. This is historic because its the first time anyone has celebrated being drafted by the St. Louis Rams. - Conan O'Brien

What you didn't know is that this would set me into a spree of defending my Rams. You probably should have known this, but I suppose you'll learn.

Haha no hard feelings man, for what it's worth if I had to pick a 2nd favorite team it'd be the Rams. I've got ties to St. Louis and I love me some Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey.

90758391980.gif

After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam celebrated by kissing his boyfriend. This is historic because its the first time anyone has celebrated being drafted by the St. Louis Rams. - Conan O'Brien

It's really not worth it trying to defend the Rams in this case, since we all know Conan isn't funny at all to begin with.

, "generally patients who are born with KS are 90% more likely to be "gay." He asked if I ever had feelings for the same sex and I told him yes, but I do not believe in that type of relationship. It was my choice to be a Christian and not be "gay." I am not saying that everyone is like me, nor am I saying I wish everyone is like me. I am just trying to prove that all decisions in our lives are choices and to each their own.

Sure you can, just like an alcoholic can stop drinking or a meth addict can quit smoking the pipe. People can do amazing things when they set their mind to do it. I am not gonna beat a dead horse, but to say that someone cannot stop something is insane and not true.

You'll probably take this as an insult. I assure you that is not my intent. My guess is you are gay. I'd bet that you use your "faith" to justify keeping your true feelings buried deeply in the closet. In your mind, a person can choose not to be gay because that's precisely what you believe you're doing. I really believe that the only "choice" you've made is the choice to bury your true feelings.

FWIW, you aren't the first self-hating gay man. Sadly, you won't be the last. It's just unfortunate that you're not willing to lead a life that might bring you some true happiness.

BB52Big.jpg

, "generally patients who are born with KS are 90% more likely to be "gay." He asked if I ever had feelings for the same sex and I told him yes, but I do not believe in that type of relationship. It was my choice to be a Christian and not be "gay." I am not saying that everyone is like me, nor am I saying I wish everyone is like me. I am just trying to prove that all decisions in our lives are choices and to each their own.

Sure you can, just like an alcoholic can stop drinking or a meth addict can quit smoking the pipe. People can do amazing things when they set their mind to do it. I am not gonna beat a dead horse, but to say that someone cannot stop something is insane and not true.

You'll probably take this as an insult. I assure you that is not my intent. My guess is you are gay. I'd bet that you use your "faith" to justify keeping your true feelings buried deeply in the closet. In your mind, a person can choose not to be gay because that's precisely what you believe you're doing. I really believe that the only "choice" you've made is the choice to bury your true feelings.

FWIW, you aren't the first self-hating gay man. Sadly, you won't be the last. It's just unfortunate that you're not willing to lead a life that might bring you some true happiness.

Not an insult at all, as a KS patient, we are born with that extra gene that has us have feelings of both a man and a woman because our bodies are unable to produce Testosterone. Thus, it is natural for us to be feminine, which I was for the biggest part of my life. But once I was diagnosed and I started taking Testosterone Cynapide medicine I know I am who I always wanted to be. I am a straight man that had a slip up in my early days. I have repented and never once have I had a second thought on whether I am gay or not. It is not due to my religion, but more due to the fact that I believe it is disgusting.

spacer.png

Not an insult at all, as a KS patient, we are born with that extra gene that has us have feelings of both a man and a woman because our bodies are unable to produce Testosterone. Thus, it is natural for us to be feminine, which I was for the biggest part of my life. But once I was diagnosed and I started taking Testosterone Cynapide medicine I know I am who I always wanted to be. I am a straight man that had a slip up in my early days. I have repented and never once have I had a second thought on whether I am gay or not. It is not due to my religion, but more due to the fact that I believe it is disgusting.

That's better... I guess?

---------------------------------------

IbjBaeE.png

That was a waste of 2:26 of my life.

Meanwhile I just shared it on facebook. It puts into perspective how silly the controversy surrounding Michael Sam is when rapists, wife beaters, drug users, actual criminals are all employed by the NFL and nobody has a problem with it. A gay dude though, has the nerve to be who he is and you're up in arms over it.

You want to know what is actually disgusting, nourdr? Darren Sharper is in jail and on trial for MULTIPLE date rape allegations. We've barely heard about this case. With the minimal coverage that's gotten compared to Michael Sam it gives the impression that people are more okay with a serial rapist than they are a loving relationship between two men.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Whatever you want to make yourself believe.

BB52Big.jpg

That was a waste of 2:26 of my life.

Meanwhile I just shared it on facebook. It puts into perspective how silly the controversy surrounding Michael Sam is when rapists, wife beaters, drug users, actual criminals are all employed by the NFL and nobody has a problem with it. A gay dude though, has the nerve to be who he is and you're up in arms over it.

Same here.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived