Mizzou's Michael Sam comes out

McCall

Well Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr are dating and race against each other and for different teams. So from that aspect, it's happened. However since racers are always in the same location, that part wouldn't be the same as the other sports.

For a little while it seemed like they were always getting caught up in all the same wrecks too.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even sure when the next openly homosexual player will play in the NFL, it still seems quite taboo as indicated by the ignorance of some people.

Increasingly few people, as we've seen. By the time another gay player comes through the college system into the NFL, I doubt it will matter much at all.

There will always be a tiny segment of bigots in our society, but fortunately they are less and less relevant every day.

Racing is just racing and its individual sports.

However, a competive contact sport with a playoff spot on the line, that would be some subplot. Its different than brothers playing against each other by it nature since sibling rivalry is as old as time itself. However, spouse rivalry can create a different type of friction in the relationship that will be interesting to observe.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

However, a competive contact sport with a playoff spot on the line, that would be some subplot. Its different than brothers playing against each other by it nature since sibling rivalry is as old as time itself. However, spouse rivalry can create a different type of friction in the relationship that will be interesting to observe.

Not many sports where husbands and wives could compete directly with one another, other than motorsports.

Some that come to mind; Dawn & Jimmy Creten (Monster Jam), Angie & Matt Smith (NHRA), Heidi & Cameron Steele (off road/baja)

I remember reading an article about a lesbian couple that both played team handball... for different Scandinavian countries.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Michael Sam is a solid player he has more than earned his roster spot, and for him to have been cut he would have had to have been beyond awful. He had a terrible combine for whatever reason and that dropped him in the draft, but plenty of seventh rounders become good players like last years Super Bowl MVP.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Michael Sam is a solid player he has more than earned his roster spot, and for him to have been cut he would have had to have been beyond awful. He had a terrible combine for whatever reason and that dropped him in the draft, but plenty of seventh rounders become good players like last years Super Bowl MVP.

It looks this way. Maybe he was feeling too much pressure at the combine or whatever. But he seems to be having a decent camp and I think he'll make it.

I actually have faith that he will either make it or not make it based on merit. The Rams drafted him and I don't think they'd just cut him if it was not warranted. And it's been such a non-story that I think they have the luxury to just make a "football" decision.

This has been a great story, even if he does get cut. But I see him making the roster and playing special teams and his name on the defensive depth chart.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I haven't gotten to watch any of the preseason games yet, but 3 sacks so far, 2 on Johnny Football (to go with his 2 on him in college), I think they can find some use for him on defense. He's at least earned a spot on the roster, IMO. If he doesn't work out once the season gets going, then they can release him. But he does seem to carry some defensive value. And without a great QB right now, they're gonna need all the defense they can get. Plus I love how the biggest story on him was his doing Manziel's money thing after sacking him. Just like the good ol' days at Mizzou.

I haven't gotten to watch any of the preseason games yet, but 3 sacks so far, 2 on Johnny Football (to go with his 2 on him in college), I think they can find some use for him on defense. He's at least earned a spot on the roster, IMO. If he doesn't work out once the season gets going, then they can release him. But he does seem to carry some defensive value. And without a great QB right now, they're gonna need all the defense they can get. Plus I love how the biggest story on him was his doing Manziel's money thing after sacking him. Just like the good ol' days at Mizzou.

That was so great. Simple jests and tomfooleries poking fun at one's silly celebration is exactly what we need to see on the field--not obscene gestures to opposing team's sidelines during a game in which there are dozens of cameras on you at all times. In an era where football is seen as a business instead of a game, it's fun to see things like that.

Not many sports where husbands and wives could compete directly with one another, other than motorsports.

Some that come to mind; Dawn & Jimmy Creten (Monster Jam), Angie & Matt Smith (NHRA), Heidi & Cameron Steele (off road/baja)

Elton Sawyer & Patty Moise NASCAR's original "racing couple," racing against each other in many Nationwide Busch series races in the 1990s.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

He was, but Westbrooks has done well and may have more versatility with positions. The Rams are hoping he clears waivers so he can join the practice squad. I wanna see him play, but I like the idea of him being there for the Rams and can be added if Westbrooks or someone else struggles or someone goes down. Unfortunately the game experience in preseason isn't of high quality to really judge ability, so I think Westbrooks ability to play more positions gave him a slight edge. But I still wanna see stick around with the Rams somehow.

The Rams really are trying to crater attendance, aren't they.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived