Branding Speculation / News for Beckham's Miami MLS Side

Brian in Boston

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of those names works for me, but i really hope they stick with teal, black, and maybe pink for the color scheme.

EDIT: some name suggestions: Miami Tropics or Magic City FC, perhaps?

Tropics would be fine but no more City monikers in MLS.

They already have New York City & Orlando City coming up in 2015.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Come on everyone. We all know that it will be Miami FC or FC Miami...or if they really think outside of the box they will go with Miami United!

I like the idea of using the city nickname - Magic City. Call it Magic City FC use the colors shown and they could be referred to as the Flamingos like Stoke is the Potters and Everton the Toffees etc.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Come on everyone. We all know that it will be Miami FC or FC Miami...or if they really think outside of the box they will go with Miami United!

I like the idea of using the city nickname - Magic City. Call it Magic City FC use the colors shown and they could be referred to as the Flamingos like Stoke is the Potters and Everton the Toffees etc.

I actually love Magic City FC.

Pure speculation on my part, but I could very well see Miami United FC as an homage to Beckham's original club, Manchester United. Both would carry the MUFC acronym.

True, there's already a Miami United that plays in NPSL, but I believe they've already stated that they'd be willing to give up the name to a Beckham-backed club.

Time to start from scratch, fellas. Nothing good in those first drafts.

After the initial expansion announcement, Beckham posed for photos with the Southern Legion, their Supporters Group:

140206_beckham_mls_getty.jpg

In the absence of a team, the Southern Legion based their colors on the Miami-Dade County flag.

Flag_of_Miami-Dade_County%2C_Florida.png

Guess they thought the green was too Sounder-ish.

Please, not another light blue team. Magenta would be awesome. Just as rave green is known throughout the league as Seattle, magenta could be known as Miami.

18932.jpg

That would be great.

I wasn't endorsing the Legion's color scheme, especially since it's a foregone conclusion that NYCFC will take midnight navy and sky blue. Just thought it was worth mentioning, that the fans had to create their own scheme.

Don't forget that SKC already have a similar color scheme to that as well.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

How about the Miami Bath Salt Face Eaters? ...or the Miami Coke Strippers (with Charlie Sheen as the mascot)?

In all seriousness, though, why not bring back one of these?

Miami_gatos_logo.png

300px-Miami_Fusion_logo.svg.png

Miami_toros_logo.png

FtLauderdaleStrikers.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Pure speculation on my part, but I could very well see Miami United FC as an homage to Beckham's original club, Manchester United. Both would carry the MUFC acronym.

True, there's already a Miami United that plays in NPSL, but I believe they've already stated that they'd be willing to give up the name to a Beckham-backed club.

Here's even more far-fetched speculation by me:

Team gets named MUFC. We all know about the connection NYCFC/MCFC have made.

Man U develops an identical relationship with Becks and Miami...

Miami and New York become rivals?

In my bizarro world, that would so totally happen.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Here's even more far-fetched speculation by me:

Team gets named MUFC. We all know about the connection NYCFC/MCFC have made.

Man U develops an identical relationship with Becks and Miami...

Miami and New York become rivals?

In my bizarro world, that would so totally happen.

I feel Man U cut ties with Beckham long ago, and thus i don't see anything like this happening

Archived