2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

157nbrb.png

speaking of the Sounders,

unpopular opinion: The inaugural year kits for the MLS Sounders were the best kits in MLS history by far, and one of the best in modern history.

I miss these, as well as the blue away kits.

Blech. White shoulder stripes were an upgrade, but that one is waaay too Adidas-templated for my liking.

And I've always HATED the Sounders color scheme. The green isn't bright enough, and the blue would look much better as navy.

What's odd is that the green is very bright in person but looks dulled on tv. I think they should brighten the green as much as possible and switch out the blue for the shale. Shale and green could look very nice as seen in this mocked up Sounder uni taken from another existing uniform.

SSFCGreenBlack.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now, those LAFC/SC logos might really happen now.

Bye bye Chivas USA.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/20/major-league-soccer-purchases-chivas-usa

If I was the new owner I'd ask for a contraction/expansion deal. Clean franchise history break.

Totally agree. Best to just be a new team, with new history, etc. Unless they can work with the owners of the Aztecs to bring them back and then adopt that history as the Sounders, Timbers, Whitecaps, etc. have done.

The new NASL owns the rights to the Aztecs and are not going to sell it to MLS anytime soon.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Apparent leak:

Chicago_Fire_2014_Home_Jersey_medium.jpg

Awful.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Chicago: Not liking the kit. They should have kept the red with navy stripe.

Dallas: Do not like either. Why would they ruin their tradition of red/white hoops?

Colorado: Would be a lot better without the Adidas stripes

Toronto: Awesome

Portland 3rd: Awsome

Seems all of teams leaked today, no Red Bulls leak?

Archived