2014 MLS Changes

kw11333

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second that. Liked the Metros name but not the logo or shield. Wondering why NYRB doesn't use that Red Bull Salzburg version.

What version?941px-FC_Red_Bull_Salzburg_logo.svg.pngi9ni847kriagxdlb7xewa6dl8.gif
They must have updated theirs these recently. I remembering seeing them in this :

red-bull-salzburg-2.jpg

Don't recall NYRB wearing that one.

bl74ky7m7fy27oxap4qkffgdt.gif

06-07

Yep, here it is in action:

jozy.jpg

When did Salzburg drop the speed lines on their primary logo? Was it when the MLS club did?

In 2008. RB Leipzig still uses this due to sponsor rules in Germany.

200px-RB_Leipzig_2010_logo.svg.png

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Does anyone know if the Quakes are sporting a throwback for the anniversary this year like Portland and Seattle are doing? I'm sorry if it was mentioned earlier, I didn't want to read through page after page.

They have a red jersey that I guess is suppose to be a throwback

Tues., March 4 (8 clubs):
Chicago Fire (private event at Hyatt Regency Chicago)
Columbus Crew (private event at Bar Louie)
Montreal Impact (public event at Theatre De L'Olympia)
New England Revolution (public event at Royale Boston)
New York Red Bulls (private event at Stage 48)
Philadelphia Union (public event at Dave & Buster's)
Real Salt Lake (private event at Rio Tinto Stadium)
Sporting Kansas City (public event at Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport)

Wed., March 5 (2 clubs):

Colorado Rapids (unveiled on ColoradoRapids.com)
Vancouver Whitecaps (private event at The Commodore Ballroom)

Thurs., March 6 (2 clubs):
FC Dallas (public event at Fashion Institute Gallery)
Toronto FC (private event at Real Sports Bar & Grill)

Those uniforms make me really want to go see a Portland Timbers game. I'd love to see if the Portland fans are really that passionate about their team or if it's mostly just plastic hype.

They are that crazy. I've gone twice to see them play. They were standing up and chanting the whole time against Columbus and DC so who knows how loud they'd get for Seattle and Vancouver.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Montreal+Impact+2014+Home+Jersey.jpg

I think I read somewhere all the new jerseys will have a line (like you see on the Dynamos pics I posted) on top of the name plate on the back.

In this case, I'd say the jerseys are fine, and I'll live with them. Lets say its a classic look a bit boring with some sort of balance.

Now, its sad many jerseys simply lookalike. I suppose the difference is in little details like the leafs on Toronto, the lys on the above etc..

New Seattle Sounders kit seems a bit pointless. Shirt slightly darker than the away, shorts and socks slightly lighter than the home.

Bh2the1CEAA_08S.jpg

FORMATTED_All3_2.jpg

Not a fan of the new kit. Having the shorts and socks match each other with the jersey being so different doesn't work. Black shorts or black socks were needed. (BTW I've read that last year's shale jersey with stripe won't be used anymore).

Some of the patterns in the team crests are lenticular that shift as you move them. They use team specific elements in each one. Its subtle but a cool way of doing a different crest treatment than embroidery.

The Timbers posted a ton of great photos from their unveiling event last night. Lots to love about these kits when looking from every angle. Striped socks are pretty awesome, too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152245876732236&set=a.10152245875442236.1073741904.182844932235&type=3&theater

My one complaint is that the Adidas back stripe messes is up the retro vibes of the third kid. Not that anything comes above Adidas's own branding, I know...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Timbers posted a ton of great photos from their unveiling event last night. Lots to love about these kits when looking from every angle. Striped socks are pretty awesome, too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152245876732236&set=a.10152245875442236.1073741904.182844932235&type=3&theater

My one complaint is that the Adidas back stripe messes is up the retro vibes of the third kid. Not that anything comes above Adidas's own branding, I know...

Ya, should'nt be there on that one, correct.

Archived