Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

The Bucks haven't been good for a very long time and are irrelevant to some, but I still love this team and their old school logos and uniforms… I've always wondered what the logo on their shorts in old pictures actually looked like and recently found these. The white one's from '68-69, their inaugural year and the green shorts and shooting shirt are from '72-73.

4dd6b85b094eb.preview-1024.jpg

12340781_4_x.jpg

12340781_6_x.jpg

58_6055F_lg.jpeg71970b_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they could go with just the Buck head they got now. And do that on the shorts like this with a simplified font and perhaps Irish rainbows. They'd have an amazing unique look.

I feel spoiled in a sense, having teams that have had awesome aesthetics. Save for a few looks.

packchampionslfroh.png

The Bucks haven't been good in a very long time and are irrelevant to some, but I still love this team and their old school logos and uniforms… I've always wondered what the logo on their shorts in old pictures actually looked like and recently found these. The white one's from '68-69, their inaugural year and the green shorts and shooting shirt are from '72-73.

12340781_6_x.jpg

58_6055F_lg.jpeg

It really is amazing that a franchise that has screwed over its fans as many times as the Bucks have can still have a measurable following... Milwaukee/Wisconsin sports fans sure are loyal to a fault.

I've never seen a clear photograph of that deer head before... great find!

If they could go with just the Buck head they got now. And do that on the shorts like this with a simplified font and perhaps Irish rainbows. They'd have an amazing unique look.

I feel spoiled in a sense, having teams that have had awesome aesthetics. Save for a few looks.

I totally agree. The Bucks are one of my favourite franchises in sports and I also think they should redesign around that logo:

4dabos08gqreuybxd3bu.gif

My black New Era snapback with that logo is just awsome!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The rendering could use a 21st century update, to be sure, but the angle is much more dynamic than the mug-shot logo they use now.

Then again, I don't think I could care about the Bucks again until they being back this beauty:

milwaukee_bucks_logo11.png

Maybe put the correct :censored: ing letter on his sweater this time.

The rendering could use a 21st century update, to be sure, but the angle is much more dynamic than the mug-shot logo they use now.

Then again, I don't think I could care about the Bucks again until they being back this beauty:

Here you go :)

RetroBangowithMpennant_zps82e74088.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Outside of Milwaukee, I don't know anyone in Wisconsin who really follows the Bucks. Yeah it probably has to do with they are garbage normally, but until late so were the brewers and they have an amazing following in the state. It probably has to do with 1) it's the nba and 2) the Bradley center is a joke.

But about uniforms, the old looking bucks were gorgeous. That originally posted Buck pic is awesome! But like gothamite that cartoon logo is the best

Here you go :)

$T2eC16R,!y0E9s2S6dL6BRuHuYGHD!~~60_58.J

Wow. I never knew such a thing existed. Thanks!

Outside of Milwaukee, I don't know anyone in Wisconsin who really follows the Bucks. Yeah it probably has to do with they are garbage normally, but until late so were the brewers and they have an amazing following in the state. It probably has to do with 1) it's the nba and 2) the Bradley center is a joke.

But about uniforms, the old looking bucks were gorgeous. That originally posted Buck pic is awesome! But like gothamite that cartoon logo is the best

I'm born and raised Chicago, and I'm a diehard Packer fan, and I follow the Bucks and Brewers real close. Even though the Bucks have been garbage, I try and go up at least once a year to see them once a year.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I'd much rather see the lime green and Irish rainbows return than anything that resembles the championship era. I still think the current uniforms are an upgrade over the barney purple ones that preceeded them, but I've come to realize how much I really don't like green and red together... those colors are too associated with Christmas to take seriously.

Before your time, Bucks games used to get shown on Green Bay (and apparently Madison) television. That ended right around the time all the players from the 80s were retiring, and the team started to get bad. Now you can't even see the games in Milwaukee unless you have cable.

I still prefer the purple/green/gray look from the 90's.(excluding the green jersey with the giant deer on it)

mil-bucks-1990s-away-21-620x812.jpg

Red and green with a giant deer head just screams "TEAM CHRISTMAS" to me.

Unpopular opinion, but I quite enjoy the full deer uniform.

Their current look is kinda hit and miss for me. I think if they replaced red with a lighter green I might like it more.

I like the purple too, but green and red has the historical significance.

Archived