Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

"The colors look like Christmas colors."

Is that a bad thing? I thought most people liked Christmas.

Anyways, while I want green and red to say, green and purple was underrated. I'm hoping the Jazz ditch the navy soon and replace it with purple.

If any team is to adopt green and purple, I'd like the Kings to do it. I always thought it would look sharp.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until recently, Ripon made the actual on-field uniforms for the entire NFL. That may have changed with Nike's special-y fabrics, it may not have.

But yes, if you're looking for inspiration then Marquette seems likely. Not only did they play in the same building, but they were a nationally prominent program in those days.

"The colors look like Christmas colors."

Is that a bad thing? I thought most people liked Christmas.

Anyways, while I want green and red to say, green and purple was underrated. I'm hoping the Jazz ditch the navy soon and replace it with purple.

If any team is to adopt green and purple, I'd like the Kings to do it. I always thought it would look sharp.

That's actually a real gamechanger there. I like the cut of your jibe.

According to the mothership, the first Irish Rainbow uniforms debuted in 1976/77, so it seems likely that the Bucks took considerable influence from the 70's Marquette look.

Actually, 1977-78 - the mothership's wrong. It's also missing the generic-looking unis the Bucks wore during the 1976-77 season...

Here's a picture from last season which show the two styles(left and right) the Packers start with before they're customized(cuffs, collar, body mesh material and length, etc.) to individual specs. These are made by Ripon Athletic tagged with Nike labels.

temptemp131124-packers-vikings-biever-21

A Ripon Athletic rep a month ago describes the uniform style on the left:

How a generic football jersey is made at Ripon Athletic:

http://newberlin.fox6now.com/news/news/208001-beyond-game-ripon-athletic-berlin-uniform-supplier#ooid=tmOXV5YTqbhh-A_q0XDqtDK9R-l2zGBE

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

According to the mothership, the first Irish Rainbow uniforms debuted in 1976/77, so it seems likely that the Bucks took considerable influence from the 70's Marquette look.

Actually, 1977-78 - the mothership's wrong. It's also missing the generic-looking unis the Bucks wore during the 1976-77 season...

Nice! You found the forgotten uniforms. Jim Price played for the Bucks from 1974-75 and six games in the 1976-77 season:

JimPrice15_zps801489b5.jpg

Suns%2076-77%20Home%20Dennis%20Awtry,%20

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

That's a bit of a lost period in Bucks' history, 1975-77. Then again, other than hosting the All-Star game and winning a division with a losing record, there wasn't much to talk about...

I must say, I love those unis - they look like the kind of unis you'd see in a movie that couldn't get the licensing rights, or something a minor-league team would wear.

Man...that the eff happened up there in Milwaukee?? I mean all that what they had going on up there back then, all that success between Marquette and the Bucks, like Milwaukee was just the spot to be and then...i mean, like, what really happened up there??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Does anyone know how the Bucks even hit upon the Irish rainbow pattern in the first place? I've long been curious about that.

In their next branding life--well, provided there'll be one--that should really be a key element of their identity system again. (That is, if they take the time to actually develop one. That's a painstakingly intensive process, though, that involves a whole lot more than just logos and uniforms.)

A custom athletic uniform factory called Sand-Knit in Berlin, Wisconsin, now Ripon Athletic, makers of the Marquette sets of the '70s, created the pattern for the Astros' tequila sunrise in '75 and the Bucks' rainbow in '76. They still make uniforms for the Packers, Eagles, Raiders, Panthers and many more.

e2ac6502077f211bf9b38240fc7d63c3.jpg

That powder blue Marquette uniform is what they should be wearing today. I know they wear a modernized version of it, but it's just not as good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Indeed, some say they're old-fashioned, but I love them too because they remind me of a simpler time.

12004C_lg.jpeg

That beer mug logo looks worth recreating!

Found a game ticket on eBay with logo but am unable to post it right now.

Thank you!

Here's a picture from last season which show the two styles(left and right) the Packers start with before they're customized(cuffs, collar, body mesh material and length, etc.) to individual specs. These are made by Ripon Athletic tagged with Nike labels.

temptemp131124-packers-vikings-biever-21

A Ripon Athletic rep a month ago describes the uniform style on the left:

Alright Tim Masthay! WHOOOO!

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

Archived