Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee noire..the current look is good but its too Christmas-esque..just look like a holiday team! With the Buck it looks like a reindeer. Thats why I believe the general consensus feels. That and they have had better.

While I will agree they have had better (the set illwauk posted) I just don't get the Christmas color angle. Sure red/green/white are associated with the holiday, but to use that as a base for disliking the current unis seems...unsubstantial. Not saying you feel that way but to those that do surely there is an argument against that has more weight. Personally I find that color scheme refreshing in a league that has a criminal lack of green.

Well then you should love these... :D

terry-cummings.jpg

Those were always my favorite look for the Bucks. Bring it back.

Lee noire..the current look is good but its too Christmas-esque..just look like a holiday team! With the Buck it looks like a reindeer. Thats why I believe the general consensus feels. That and they have had better.

While I will agree they have had better (the set illwauk posted) I just don't get the Christmas color angle. Sure red/green/white are associated with the holiday, but to use that as a base for disliking the current unis seems...unsubstantial. Not saying you feel that way but to those that do surely there is an argument against that has more weight. Personally I find that color scheme refreshing in a league that has a criminal lack of green.

Well then you should love these... :D

terry-cummings.jpg

Those were always my favorite look for the Bucks. Bring it back.

I agree. I'm surprised they've never even brought these back for a retro night.

When considering the commercial posted before, Herb and his helpers must regard them as a joke. That's a shame, as it would be nice to see those uniforms every once in a while (or at least as much as purple-era throwbacks).

Not much of a stretch when you consider all the other times Herb & Co. have proven to be laughably out of touch with what the fans want.

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

Here's a Medalist Sand-Knit ad from '77 NBA All-Star Game Magazine:

101661b_lg.jpeg

Off-topic, but, it's interesting to see that Cavs uniform with inverted colors on the lettering. Was it ever worn that way?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Ashes, Disco and Elwood - WOW! Thank you for confirming that. For some reason, I was thinking there was a SandKnit connection.

Seriously... I love that I've been participating in these boards for a VERY long time (you old timers will recall the FanHome days!) and I can still learn something new.

Here's a Medalist Sand-Knit ad from '77 NBA All-Star Game Magazine:

101661b_lg.jpeg

Off-topic, but, it's interesting to see that Cavs uniform with inverted colors on the lettering. Was it ever worn that way?

A quick search and I could't find evidence of this lettering style by the Cavs during the '70s when this photo was taken. The neck and arm trim look the same though (the mothership's arm trim doesn't look right). This was probably made for the photo, maybe a sample or just a high school or college team's uniform they used for the ad. I'd have to go through each year they wore the gold for a better answer.

Nate_Thurmond.jpg

Oscar Robertson's 1960 Rome Olympics gold medal-winning original dream team game worn jersey:

0602BFall2012.jpg

23719d_lg.jpeg

23719e_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Here are old analog films of the Bucks, beginning with '69-70, "The Big Green Line Building," narrated by Eddie Doucette, the original voice of the Bucks and co-founder of the MACC Fund with Jon McGlocklin, former player and current color commentator.

I particularly enjoyed seeing the original Bango and Buck logos, varying uniforms and warm-ups in motion, the Milwaukee Arena floor before MECCA and uni/warm-ups of other teams. The uploader on YouTube has more vintage NBA footage and they're highly recommended for those interested in old school uniform design and elements:

1957 Milwaukee Arena-Auditorium, same year Lambeau Field opened:

$T2eC16h,!)0E9s37IeyFBRlOslIeeg~~60_3.JP

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Lewis Hitch '53-55 Milwaukee Hawks uniform set and '55 All-Star jersey worn by Hawks rookie Bob Pettit. The Hawks left for St. Louis after the '55 season and Milwaukee was awarded an expansion team 13 years later:

12_2.gifmilwaukee_hawks_logo.jpg

10431_med.jpeg

10431b_lg.jpeg

28_6160A_lg.jpeg

28_6160B_lg.jpeg

$(KGrHqJ,!ooFILfu8Wr0BSIgy)Gi)w~~60_3.JP

More Milwaukee memories...

52-53 Milwaukee Hawks:

8860a_med.jpeg

77-78 Bucks (first year of the Irish Rainbow unis):

2332c_lg.jpeg

78-79 Bucks:

2332a_lg.jpeg

79-80 Bucks:

2332b_lg.jpeg

90-91 Adrian Dantley jersey (his final NBA stop, and also the last NBA jersey to use nameplates for the NOB):

5557800_1_l.jpg

86-87 Sidney Moncrief jersey:

Moncrief1.jpeg

Moncrief3.jpeg

Archived