Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

I'd much rather see the lime green and Irish rainbows return than anything that resembles the championship era. I still think the current uniforms are an upgrade over the barney purple ones that preceeded them, but I've come to realize how much I really don't like green and red together... those colors are too associated with Christmas to take seriously.

Outside of Milwaukee, I don't know anyone in Wisconsin who really follows the Bucks. Yeah it probably has to do with they are garbage normally, but until late so were the brewers and they have an amazing following in the state. It probably has to do with 1) it's the nba and 2) the Bradley center is a joke.

But about uniforms, the old looking bucks were gorgeous. That originally posted Buck pic is awesome! But like gothamite that cartoon logo is the best

Before your time, Bucks games used to get shown on Green Bay (and apparently Madison) television. That ended right around the time all the players from the 80s were retiring, and the team started to get bad. Now you can't even see the games in Milwaukee unless you have cable.

I can turn on FSN and watch a Bucks game anytime I want, so TV is not the problem. It's just that not many people care about the bucks. I'm willing to bet that about 90% of the people in the state would rather go see the Badgers or Marquette play than the Bucks. I love the ascetics of the Bucks history (Irish rainbows are fantastic), but the interest just in there throughout the state. Partially because their bad, partially because few care about the NBA here.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd much rather see the lime green and Irish rainbows return than anything that resembles the championship era. I still think the current uniforms are an upgrade over the barney purple ones that preceeded them, but I've come to realize how much I really don't like green and red together... those colors are too associated with Christmas to take seriously.

Outside of Milwaukee, I don't know anyone in Wisconsin who really follows the Bucks. Yeah it probably has to do with they are garbage normally, but until late so were the brewers and they have an amazing following in the state. It probably has to do with 1) it's the nba and 2) the Bradley center is a joke.

But about uniforms, the old looking bucks were gorgeous. That originally posted Buck pic is awesome! But like gothamite that cartoon logo is the best

Before your time, Bucks games used to get shown on Green Bay (and apparently Madison) television. That ended right around the time all the players from the 80s were retiring, and the team started to get bad. Now you can't even see the games in Milwaukee unless you have cable.

I can turn on FSN and watch a Bucks game anytime I want, so TV is not the problem. It's just that not many people care about the bucks. I'm willing to bet that about 90% of the people in the state would rather go see the Badgers or Marquette play than the Bucks. I love the ascetics of the Bucks history (Irish rainbows are fantastic), but the interest just in there throughout the state. Partially because their bad, partially because few care about the NBA here.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, just saying that it wasn't always that way. The Bucks are on Green Bay TV now because the Milwaukee and Green Bay areas happen to have the same cable provider, but back in the day, there was actually a demand for Bucks games in the Green Bay area. Apparently they even used to play some regular season games at the Brown County Arena (and the UW Fieldhouse) in the 1970s.

I think the tipping point for fans up north was that the Bucks started getting bad just as the Badgers and UWGB started getting good.

I still prefer the purple/green/gray look from the 90's.(excluding the green jersey with the giant deer on it)

mil-bucks-1990s-away-21-620x812.jpg

Red and green with a giant deer head just screams "TEAM CHRISTMAS" to me.

Unpopular opinion, but I quite enjoy the full deer uniform.

Their current look is kinda hit and miss for me. I think if they replaced red with a lighter green I might like it more.

I like the purple too, but green and red has the historical significance.

Not unpopular to me. I love that all deer uniform.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

If they could go with just the Buck head they got now. And do that on the shorts like this with a simplified font and perhaps Irish rainbows. They'd have an amazing unique look.

I feel spoiled in a sense, having teams that have had awesome aesthetics. Save for a few looks.

I totally agree. The Bucks are one of my favourite franchises in sports and I also think they should redesign around that logo:

4dabos08gqreuybxd3bu.gif

My black New Era snapback with that logo is just awsome!

Like this...

4gmdzk.jpg

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Count me among those who love the giant logo Bucks jersey. They really nailed the color balance with that one. I think Green & Purple is slightly better than Green & Red, but they really messed up by prioritizing Purple over Green, and that alt showed just how big of a mistake that was.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Let me squeeze in my all-time favorite, the original "hovering" Bango. In my opinion, today's "copy" doesn't do it justice. Click images to enlarge.

$T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gGS,BQ3-Dnf-(Q~~60_57.J

$T2eC16Z,!)8E9s4l8!0IBR(F14rNpQ~~60_57.J

Back then they resized the words so the cloven hooves touched the letter K.

69886a_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

A friend of mine in Kenosha is a die-hard Bucks fan…

The Bucks certianly aren't Wisconsin's team like the Packers are by any stretch of the imagination.

Well its not like Kenosha is that far outside of Milwaukee... :P

That's a very interesting logo, that original. I'm curious (provided the deer stay put) if the team brass might consider exploring a revitalized identity using something like that as the centerpiece. They have all the rest of the bones in place...irish rainbow, the old typography (the font name escapes me at the moment)...the only real hangup I'd have deals with the shape of their current primary logo. If that triangle/square shape wasn't so spidered into the shape Wisconsin's state route signs (or am I the only one who notices that kind of stuff?), I'd quickly say scrap it and start over.

Then again, since their current also ain't nowhere near nothing to write home about, maybe they should just wipe it clean and begin anew...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Exactly, about a 30-40 min drive depending on traffic. And to add insult, I'm pretty sure he's originally from Milwaukee so he's just a "transplant" rooting for his home team.

That's a very interesting logo, that original. I'm curious (provided the deer stay put) if the team brass might consider exploring a revitalized identity using something like that as the centerpiece. They have all the rest of the bones in place...irish rainbow, the old typography (the font name escapes me at the moment)...the only real hangup I'd have deals with the shape of their current primary logo. If that triangle/square shape wasn't so spidered into the shape Wisconsin's state route signs (or am I the only one who notices that kind of stuff?), I'd quickly say scrap it and start over.

Then again, since their current also ain't nowhere near nothing to write home about, maybe they should just wipe it clean and begin anew...

:blink:

Can. Not. Unsee.

nsus45.jpg

I don't see what is so wrong with the current look for the Bucks. The red and green looks lovely. It's not over piped and there aren't a bunch of random panels. It's a solid look. My unpopular opinion? The Irish Rainbow look is overrated, and green is may favorite color. I just don't think it is all that great of a look.

The original Bucks unis might be associated with their lone championship, but they're about as bland as basketball uniforms can get; and they don't exactly have the history (i.e. Celtics, Knicks) to pull it off. They're not even the best Bucks uniforms from the Oscar-Kareem era.

oscar_robertson_1973_11_24.jpg

Archived