Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Just speculation on my part but...

https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/435525433585455104

#Bucs fans, @WarrenSapp will be making a big Buccaneers announcement tomorrow morning. What do you think it will be? #itsabucslife

Meanwhile today the Bucs started selling every jersey on the team site for $50.00. http://shop.buccaneers.com/catalog/Jerseys

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I wouldn't read into it, but with the discounted jerseys it makes for an interesting day tomorrow for us. But if there was a switch you'd think it would have leaked to us uni nerds by now.

I think that a few of the "insiders" may have lost their connections, and the ones that still have them don't want to risk losing them, hence why it's been so quiet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think you're right, but I don't recall if it was a total overhaul or some little logo tweak or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#Bucs fans, @WarrenSapp will be making a big Buccaneers announcement tomorrow morning. What do you think it will be? #itsabucslife

Meanwhile today the Bucs started selling every jersey on the team site for $50.00. http://shop.buccaneers.com/catalog/Jerseys

It's a site-wide sale. Must be for the holiday weekend. Although 50% is very generous and we usually equate that with a massive inventory change

Go A's!

I think it would be really surprising for a team to actually debut a new uniform in mid-February. Draft day has been the default for new uniforms for so long it almost feels like some kind of rule.

Maybe it's just an announcement?

Yeah, I guess that's a possibility. IIRC last year the Vikings released their updated logo well before they even confirmed they would be getting new uniforms. The Bucs could show off a tweaked logo, and drop a hint of more to come. We'll see I guess.

Normally I wouldn't read into it, but with the discounted jerseys it makes for an interesting day tomorrow for us. But if there was a switch you'd think it would have leaked to us uni nerds by now.

As far as the discount, most team contracts with their online store providers run through March 31, so it's possible the sale is unrelated and they're making a change there. Or, they're going total rebrand and offloading the old stuff.

I heard a rumor of a "throwback-inspired" re-brand back during the season, but assumed there was nothing to it. Still may not be.

It could be nothing or something very small, have they retired Sapp's number yet? He's the one making the announcement.

As far as the discount, most team contracts with their online store providers run through March 31, so it's possible the sale is unrelated and they're making a change there. Or, they're going total rebrand and offloading the old stuff.

I heard a rumor of a "throwback-inspired" re-brand back during the season, but assumed there was nothing to it. Still may not be.

It could be nothing or something very small, have they retired Sapp's number yet? He's the one making the announcement.

This is totally out there but I honestly think that a Creamsicle orange and Pewter scheme would look awesome.

Unpopular opinion: sorta hope the announcement is the team rebranding themselves as the Tampa Buccaneers. I have an irrational hatred of Tampa sports teams being called "Tampa Bay".

Hotter Than July > Thriller

They're bringing back the creamsicles but instead of the Bucco Bruce logo they're making a Bucco Sapp version.

Unpopular opinion: sorta hope the announcement is the team rebranding themselves as the Tampa Buccaneers. I have an irrational hatred of Tampa sports teams being called "Tampa Bay".

I get your point, but Tampa Bay works for me, because the pirates of long ago sailed Tampa Bay.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Taking a shot in the dark...I think we'll see at least a new wordmark for the Buccaneers sometime soon. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe it will be in an ancillary news release... but looking at that merchandise...a lot of it has the old wordmark.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe they are finally going to eliminate the white pants once and for all. If that is the case, there is hope for them after all

Archived