Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Helmet_Wallpapers_1024x768_medium.jpg

edit: It fills the helmet out much better, IMHO. Not a fan of it being black at all, or the chrome facemask, but I guess we should be grateful it wasn't worse.

I think it's pretty cool, actually.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin ODonnell Fox13 ‏@ODonnellFox13 3m

False alarm on Bucs new logo. The one floated is not it!

I've come to three conclusions. This guy is either (1) desperate for new Twitter followers, (2) trying to quell the wrath of hate others are showing for the new logo, or (3) has some bad source materials.

Seeing the new logo makes me realize how strangely cartoonish and abstract the old logo was - look at the sword handle especially. Not unlike the old Jaguars logo. I think all the "downgrade" talk is because we have an idea of what the Bucs logo SHOULD look like.

Plato's Cave for logos.

It's on the official site though. And that Helmet was rooted from nfl.com

Yeah, I literally pulled it from the prod.static site of the Bucs, so I'd assume it's correct? The logo has popped up in a dozen or so different graphics.

What was the original link?

If this guy is right, did the Buccaneers throw up a fake accidental leak?

Go A's!

Yeah, I literally pulled it from the prod.static site of the Bucs, so I'd assume it's correct? The logo has popped up in a dozen or so different graphics.

GUYS!!!!

This is the dude who put up the badly photoshopped white helmet earlier claiming it was legit. That is what he's talking about. Not this new one.

doubt it, they're butt hurt that we got ahold of it an hour early, I don't think they're as smart as us.

BTW, I think the new logo is an upgrade. The skull is fiercer-looking and less cartoonish than before. Reminds me of how the Jaguars modernized theirs.

Wow, odd how 2 people can have exact polar opposite opinions.

I felt it is LESS menacing and more cartoonish than before. It seems "soft" and "kid-friendly" like a Halloween decoration.

That's exactly how I feel. It's like a bootleg Buccaneers logo. It's the thin lines and overly detailed shading. It's actually the same problems the new Jaguars logo has.

downgrade. I like the size of it on the helmet though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

GUYS!!!!

This is the dude who put up the badly photoshopped white helmet earlier claiming it was legit. That is what he's talking about. Not this new one.

Oh ok. That guy...

Go A's!

Also, it's about damn time that someone tries the "giant logo" look in the NFL. The Bucs' logo is made for that kind of treatment.

I disagree. The "giant logo" look is already a huge ugly failure squatting all over minor league college teams. An NFL team should stay above that kind of ten cent gimmick.

Good update on the logo. Until I really got in there and compared the two, I hadnt realized how 90s-woodcut the old one was. Everyone was crazy about rough hewn looks back then and its apparent on the sword handle, football and flag. Not to mention the lower jaw on the skull kinda blows. Looks like the creamsicle orange is back, and maybe even the old red. I'll bet the league one helmet rule will be retracted once the players wearing defunct helmets switch opening the door for throwbacks, or at least white helmets once the league gets with the times.

Archived