Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

This is what Pewter looks like IRL, makes the new color look better compared to the metallic brown they had before

Pewter_chunks.JPG

Yup. Pewter looks almost silver.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

93669bcb87442fa41323e920c5a76945.jpg

The new pewter actually LOOKS like pewter...and as someone already mentioned: does NOT look like metallic brown. *thumbs up*

I also like the new facemask...its growing on me. It almost brings the whole thing together with the new chrome accents in the logo.

93669bcb87442fa41323e920c5a76945.jpg

guess riddell can screw over people making them pay $80-90 for a mini helmet now b/c it has chrome. when they can just put that cheap toy chrome look on plastic and still make it chrome. I may have to rethink keeping up to date on all 32 mini helmets. How many other owners are going to be talked into a chrome mask or shell?

And...for all you Gradient fans, the Bucs have it,,,from an article on their website:

"Also unique to the Buccaneers’ look will be a hand-painted shading technique that uses a darker pewter color running vertically from the front of the helmet to the crown and along the ear-holes, providing a one-of-a-kind custom look."

that, my friends = gradient.....

sheeeeeeesh

Unique to the Buccaneers? That sounds exactly like Jacksonville's.

Somehow, in an attempt to add depth (adding shadows to the skull) I think they made it look too flat. The skull has no character whatsoever.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Think of the new logo like this:

The skull and swords are the logo. The flag is just a helmet stripe. A unique helmet stripe, but a helmet stripe none the less.

It will fix the major problem of the logo just looking like a red flag on TV and during games.

Nope.

UWIUB0g.png

Love the new wordmark. But a separate official wordmark for "Bucs"? Lame.

With this logo I say they go pewter jersey and red pants (with large pewter stripes so its not too much). Cant say I like how big the logo is but I am impressed with the chrome face mask - thought it would look terrible when it was leaked.

...and like someone mentioned earlier the skull & swords are crooked when compared to the flag. Look at the differences from the tops of the swords to the top of the flag.

But hey, love it or hate it...it is what it is. 95% of the people (over estimating...I know) hated the jags helmet and yet it's still here.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have decent unis.

Eh. At least they didn't screw us up like they did Jacksonville. :lol:

I am happy with the logo change. Slight upgrade. Chrome facemask and large logos aren't bad either. Not a fan of the "black?" helmet. Panthers, Saints, Falcons all use black as a primary or secondary color. Should've kept the helmet pewter.

Still wish they went with more orange but hey, it's a safe change and im not complaining.

Please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants, please let the uniforms have helmet-matching pants...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am happy with the logo change. Slight upgrade. Chrome facemask and large logos aren't bad either. Not a fan of the "black?" helmet. Panthers, Saints, Falcons all use black as a primary or secondary color. Should've kept the helmet pewter.

Still wish they went with more orange but hey, it's a safe change and im not complaining.

Did you see the picture of McCoy with it in the Sun, still is Metallic brown

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

I think it is still pewter, but it is darker. If you look at shots of it in the light it is definitely still pewter.

But hey, love it or hate it...it is what it is. 95% of the people (over estimating...I know) hated the jags helmet and yet it's still here.

That's because teams can't pivot on a dime anymore. You can't have a situation like the Niners' "One Day Logo" these days because by the time a logo is unveiled, the merchandise is already in the shops. Teams are stuck with bad decisions.

We'll see if the Jags' helmet is still around in four more years, the earliest they can make a change under NFL rules.

Honestly the hate for the facemask doesn't much sense to me. If you look at pics from the reveal you'll see that the chrome is almost the same shade of the now more silvery pewter. Matching is always a good thing

agree 100%

Archived