Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

^ THAT I could live with...at least the visual hierarchy is much more clear here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the depth of the new ship logo, I'm guessing that logo won't be on the sleeves.

I'm prepared for a plain and simple jersey then, which is disappointing. I like having the secondary logo on the sleeve.

2ly2w09.jpg

Based on the depth of the new ship logo, I'm guessing that logo won't be on the sleeves.

I'm prepared for a plain and simple jersey then, which is disappointing. I like having the secondary logo on the sleeve.

I will be shocked beyond belief if anything about the new unis is either plain or simple.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

1049.gifBucs-Logo.png

Thank you for posting these two together. It highlights for me what a downgrade the secondary logo is.

The old ship was dynamic. Had a real sense of motion that even the crashing waves can't give the new one. Plus it's less vertical, so it had a somewhat better chance of actually fitting on what passes for sleeves these days.

Nice three-fer here with all the Bucs' helmets:

Bg9uXeMCMAAxHYV.jpg

My issue with the new pirate ship, which is otherwise a nice upgrade, is the bow wave. It looks more like decorative scrollwork and nothing like a bow wave at all.

With such cool subject matter, the Bucs sure miss the boat a lot. Skull on flag, simply too much going on. Would rather the helmet BE the flag, red with wavy shading, whatever, and have the skull on the side.

Bottom line, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

1049.gifBucs-Logo.png

Thank you for posting these two together. It highlights for me what a downgrade the secondary logo is.

The old ship was dynamic. Had a real sense of motion that even the crashing waves can't give the new one. Plus it's less vertical, so it had a somewhat better chance of actually fitting on what passes for sleeves these days.

I dislike both. They're too intricate. The hull of the old one looks like a shoe with a needle stuck in the front. The new one looks to be running aground through the aforementioned ornamental scrollwork. It's a good idea for a secondary that just isn't practical.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

1049.gifBucs-Logo.png

The issue i have with the logo changes is illustrated best here: the new versions seem more like illustrations that logos. They're very pretty, but they contain too many unnecessary elements (lines, strokes, colors, et c.) They don't look bad, they just have too much going on and could easily be simplified. Also, the "rough" or "distressed" look of the old logos (particularly the flag) is greatly missed.

It's a shame the Bucs threw out such an effective logo set. Granted, the workmark was rough and needed to change, but I don't see how the new one is an improvement. It seems far too generic and disconnected from the identity, particularly the "Tampa Bay" part.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Looks like we may be going to more of a Tampa Bay Bandits color scheme. Red, Black, Silver. Thats not all bad. Long as the jerseys stay traditional. I was not a big fan of the orange trim of the numbers anyway. Kind of like orange for oranges sake.

To weigh in on the previous Jolly Roger discussion, Jolly Rogers were hand-made, meaning they didn't have shading.

jolly-roger.png

I'd love to see someone find me a Jolly Roger with more than two colours (white and black or white and red, etc)

I believe Edward "Blackbeard" Teach flew a Jolly Roger of a white skeleton stabbing red hearts on a black background. Would you consider this to be a Jolly Roger with more than two colors?

The "#fire" hints makes me think the jersey will manage to have both red and orange in it, maybe broken by some pewter. This makes me sad - I'd like to see a pewter jersey for this team - it would look really good. Just hope they dont go overboard with all three colors or the orange.....

Here is the new color palette again as well...I made some adjustments to the order of the colors...from what I can tell (and what a licensee told me), Black might be regulated to only being used in the logos; not necessarily in the uniforms. Not sure about the Orange, but it looks like the primary colors will be Red, Pewter and Silver.

TampaBayBuccaneers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

It is pretty ridiculous that it takes 6 colors to do this helmet. Most can do the job in 4 or less.

My first thought with the new lighter pewter or silver is raider of the south but it's growing me. I have to wait until I see it on an actual player but it looks like they placed the flag so that the skull is in the place where a regular sized logo would be and at the right angle to where it will be centered correctly and the flag is just a background which is cool. Also it looks as if the logo is painted on rather than a sticker so it will be correctly placed on each helmet rather than having the equipment guys messing up the placement or having them stressed to tears like the Missouri guys trying to put on a huge logo on different models of helmets

it is clearly a decal not a painted logo

To weigh in on the previous Jolly Roger discussion, Jolly Rogers were hand-made, meaning they didn't have shading.

jolly-roger.png

I'd love to see someone find me a Jolly Roger with more than two colours (white and black or white and red, etc)

I believe Edward "Blackbeard" Teach flew a Jolly Roger of a white skeleton stabbing red hearts on a black background. Would you consider this to be a Jolly Roger with more than two colors?

correct, sir

512px-Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_(Edward_

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Literally bold

skulls-and-bucs-12q8cqq.jpg

Has character, thick lines, doesn't have extraneous shading, and the skull and crossbones flows with the flag rather than just sitting on it. I'll miss this a lot. The new one sucks more each time I look at it. Each time I look at it I see something new that I don't like. Ugh.

bucs1_12603427_8col.jpg

Yeah, looking at it side by side really highlights all of the issues I have with this. It's too simple for its own good. It reminds of the Jaguars logo in the sense that it doesn't really look like an actual logo, just a random well-done illustration, a concept that hasn't been perfected yet.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived