Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "enhancement".

Old flag, unshaded Skull and Crossswords, new sword.

ReSUuq8.png

This is almost exactly what I wanted to see. Still think the new s&c isn't enough of an enhancement to replace the old one (although I don't think it's bad enough to throw out) and the bright orange football contradicts the intent for the skull to be "more menacing" (or maybe you could argue it compliments it, if they're trying to appeal to everyone). The only way that orange will make sense is if it's a tertiary color.

well done. i'd change the white outline to silver/chrome

im not sure how that flag would fit on the helmet at the large size though. im confident it was designed (or re-drawn) to fit on the new generation of helmets as it does. it flows very well over the shell and on the RevoSpeed the sword tucks in nicely between the earhole and face mask while the vent on the back only cuts away at red space.

bucs_zps2a56fa6a.jpg?t=1393014969Do you know why pirates hate silver? Because its not gold.

Everyone within the CCSLC is entitled to his, or her, opinion regarding the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' new logos and helmet. The same will hold true for the team's new uniforms. So, feel free to share your opinions with regard to what you consider to be the merits and shortcomings of said branding components.

That said, moving forward, let's steer clear of sharing our opinions of other CCSLC members' OPINIONS.

The opinions of another person are THEIR OPINIONS. As such, they are welcome to them... and we are unlikely to sway them from holding on to them. Frankly, why should we want to try? After all, we don't want anyone berating us for our own opinions.

There's been a slow, but steady rise in the level of general incivility out here lately. Words such as "stupid", "ignorant", "moronic", etc. are being tossed around a bit too freely. Simple differences of opinion are quickly escalating into flame-wars. So, let's do our best to combat that trend, shall we? We can begin to do so by THINKING whatever we like about another CCSLC member's opinion, while electing to refrain from SHARING said thoughts.

Discretion is the better part of valor... and civility.

Now, if you're truly having a problem dealing with another CCSLC member's BEHAVIOR, feel free to call that to the attention of a member of the moderating team.

Thanks in advance, folks.

God, I hate it. I hated the Jags and Dolphins new stuff, but it's not like they were replacing great uniforms/helmet/logos. The Bucs have just ruined, in my opinion, what was the best look in the NFL.

The only thing I like is the updated colors. The pewter pops a bit better, along the red and the orange. I dislike that they've "officially" relagated the orange to a secondary color, even though it was basically already like that.

I hate the huge logo. The logo itself and the hugeness of it looks like a counterfeit.

I can only hope that the uniforms aren't as bad.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I think what I keep noticing each time I compare the new and old is how the skull and swords blended and flowed so well with the flag and the ship logo it was placed on.

It had that 90's jagged look that a lot of other logos during that time featured, but it worked for the Bucs because it wasn't forced...the jagged lines of the old logo blended into the rugged identity of the Buccaneers.

Scouserduke, you had suggested leaving the skull's shading on Nash's version. I posted this late last night but it ended up buried so I don't think many saw it. It should give you an idea of what that'd look like.

The oversized logo on the helmet is a little much but overall I think there is potential in the uniforms. The Bucs have had a great identity and I'm hoping we'll see a homerun with the rest of the set. I'll withhold my final judgment until I see the helmet paired with the actual uniforms.

I mocked up what the new logo could look like with the old flag and I definitely prefer it with the old flag.

New logo with old flag:

hy8z.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

After having 24 hours to digest it, I still don't like it. I don't like the pewter because it is a dirty and dingy color. That color should not be on a team from the Sunshine state. The logo itself is too large and is very clumsy, it now resembles the Falcons helmet quite a bit. They might be able to salvage this somewhat with a bright orange/red uniform. Ditch the pewter and go with true Florida colors. I do like the boat quite a bit, but the wordmark? Not at all.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

MOD EDITpewter works perfectly for the bugs because of the Buccaneer theme not the Florida theme which doesn't really make sense for the bucs to try to emulate given there are 2 other florida teams with the dolphins being what I believe to be "floridas team" more than any other especially with the design of their uniforms.

Archived