Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

The new logo is horrid and blowing it up to that size only emphasis how bad it is.

Whenever I get that "it's not THAT bad" feeling, I go and compare everything side-by-side for a reminder of why it sucks...

http://blog.burncreative.com/2014/02/tampa-bay-buccaneers-logo-redesign.html?m=1

The silver outline on top of the black outline is ridiculous.

There is and always was a white stroke around the black one. Putting it on a white background makes it disappear, but in zero applications were there no white outline.

To those that have access to the fan jerseys in person, is the "chrome" on the numbers on the Game and Limited jerseys properly shiny, or is that something that is only on the Elite jerseys to try to make you buy those instead?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY CRAP! At first glance, I thought those were the Revo Speed helmets, and the dark spots were just shadows on the ridges. But there are actually freaking dark lines arbitrarily placed on the helmet? These are even bigger pieces of crap than previously thought.

There is literally not a single redeeming quality of this new Bucs set. Every aspect (logos, wordmarks, helmet, jerseys, pants, socks, colors, FONTS) is worse than the previous set, which was great. More than just being worse than the previous set, each element of the new brand is horrible on its own. The Bucs are an utter disaster.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

When the first debuted the helmets they said the dark spots were going to be unique and different for every helmet, now it's clear they are just to making the revo speed helmets ridges more visible, it i want to see a ion helmet or some other futuristic helmets to see if the lines are the same.

HOLY CRAP! At first glance, I thought those were the Revo Speed helmets, and the dark spots were just shadows on the ridges. But there are actually freaking dark lines arbitrarily placed on the helmet? These are even bigger pieces of crap than previously thought.

I figured those were just shadows too...looks like the work of a seven year old kid with a can of black Krylon running rampant thru the equipment room...

There is literally not a single redeeming quality of this new Bucs set. Every aspect (logos, wordmarks, helmet, jerseys, pants, socks, colors, FONTS) is worse than the previous set, which was great. More than just being worse than the previous set, each element of the new brand is horrible on its own. The Bucs are an utter disaster.

I was about to write my own post, but this says everything I was going to in a far more succinct way

EDIT - That said its worth emphasising that these random dark lines on the helmet might be the single dumbest element I have ever seen on an NFL uniform

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

You are absolutely right about this not having any redeeming qualities. With the oversized logo of the helmet going over the dark lines, it really kills the illusion they wanted to create. The dark lines weren't that noticeable in the reveal but the Florida sun certainly accentuates them.

I really thought the set would grow on me over time but the more I see it, the worse it seems to get. My biggest gripe is that the pewter on the jersey and pants absolutely needs to be metallic. The "brown" just kills it for me. The numbers are just amateurish and don't have a place in the NFL. The chrome mask would actually look decent on a few teams, but not this one. It doesn't fit the color scheme. Overall it's just disappointing since Tampa had one of the best sets in the league.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The chrome mask would actually look decent on a few teams, but not this one. It doesn't fit the color scheme.

I'm not trying to defend this hot mess of a uniform, but the chrome effect is duplicated in the numerals, as well as in the helmet decal.

EDIT - That said its worth emphasising that these random dark lines on the helmet might be the single dumbest element I have ever seen on an NFL uniform

Definitely. They're far worse (in my mind) than the Jaguars' helmets. At least their reasoning (Jaguar leaping from the shadows) kinda makes sense if you're a moron. I don't think anyone could come up with a convoluted explanation for those random dark stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Great, now that the spray paint lines have been seen, they can never be unseen. It's unfortunate. The helmet was the only part of the uniform I thought was semi-decent. I actually liked the oversized logo and the chrome mask never bothered me. The problem was everything below the helmet. Now, the entire set is just a disaster with the stripes!

I was about to write my own post, but this says everything I was going to in a far more succinct way

I don't know how I missed those streaks when the set was first announced. But holy crap, what a pointless, stupid accent.

Definitely. They're far worse (in my mind) than the Jaguars' helmets. At least their reasoning (Jaguar leaping from the shadows) kinda makes sense if you're a moron. I don't think anyone could come up with a convoluted explanation for those random dark stripes.

Far worse? That is a massive overstatement. I would say the Jags' helmets are the single dumbest element I've ever seen on ANY uniform.

Also, I believe at the unveil they said that the dark embellishes were supposed to resemble a cannon or a cannonball. Still moronic, but there was a reasoning behind it.

Also, I believe at the unveil they said that the dark embellishes were supposed to resemble a cannon or a cannonball. Still moronic, but there was a reasoning behind it.
I thought they were a sign that Tampa Bay owned the northwest part of the country...no, wait, it represents the tusk of the razorback hog native to the Tampa area...

I think we all somehow missed that. I agree - this is WAY worse than the jags mess. At least I can tell what the jags were trying to do, and (sorta) why they were trying to do it. It just didn't work.

But this? There's absolutely no reason for it other than "I dunno... cause we can?"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The random spray paint just ruins an otherwise tolerable helmet.

20140610_jla_sv7_059.jpg.0_standard_730.

I'm slowly starting to think that Nike just wants to see how much they can get away with in their designs. If you look at their three most radical redesigns (Seahawks, Jags, and now Bucs), they've gotten progressively wilder and more "out there" with each attempt.

If I'm a team without a lot of history or tradition, I don't want Nike anywhere near my uniforms after this.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

This is like some surreal conceptual art project. Its like they've implanted little visual timebombs that pop up every time you're in danger of becoming numb to the sheer horribleness of the design. Right now I'm picturing a Nike design conference in which it was decided the absolute worst response they could get was "I hated it at first but now I'm getting used to it" and set out to see that this isn't possible. There is no getting used to this. It literally does get progressively worse every time you notice a new wrinkle. Amazing.

Archived