Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would a team with such a unique color scheme use white on its helmet? The Bucs use red, pewter, black, and orange all in their current scheme. Why would we make our helmet color white? White is the 5th color I think about when thinking about the Bucs color scheme.

Because it's hot for home games? White would seem to give at least a psychological advantage vs the heat. Even if it's the slightest of percentages that would be worth exploring.

Some sweet concepts from reddit users:

buccobruce4je.png

lAblgAy.png

YhAj8hT.jpg

The last one with a chrome orange facemask would be my favorite

Also, while we're making guesses, mine is that the new logo will be a pirate ship.

all of those will look dated in less than 5 years, and look worse than what they have now, and they already do have a pirate ship logo

I like the idea of Bucco Bruce in modern colors... maybe as an alternate helmet? Since it would be a decal replacement, it would fit within the current NFL guidelines for helmets.

My thoughts on what we might see:

- Rutgers styled helmet with brushed metal (could be interpreted as chrome) to resemble old cannon metal

10930004-standard.jpg

Could also be some kind of pewter matte helmet with a chrome logo like the Louisville helmet from this past season

1388687243000-USATSI-7639084.jpg

Okay this is my terrible mockup, but i wouldn't really mind this idea.

Bucswhitehelmet.png

Take a photoshop class man! :lol:

hahaha if i had access to photoshop this would look good. I had to use a bad browser based alternative. Needless to say, I'm disappointed in myself, lol.

That's alright man we got your point, lol.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

A pewter based chrome grill could work if the helmet was white. I think that is very possible because of their desire to throwback ever year

Honestly, if they really changed their entire uniform just so they could wear a throwback twice a year, that would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

A pewter based chrome grill could work if the helmet was white. I think that is very possible because of their desire to throwback ever year

Honestly, if they really changed their entire uniform just so they could wear a throwback twice a year, that would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

It's not the entire uniform. The reports are that the uniform's changes aren't drastic. And it's not that dumb. The merchandising opportunities will be huge for a third jersey, especially a set that is somewhat still popular.

I would not want them to ditch a pewter shell but if they do, then white is the only one I would be OK with

Go A's!

The only...and I mean ONLY change that would be acceptable is a revised version of the shoulder patch/pirate ship. Everything else about the Buccaneer look is not only perfect, it's the best in the NFL.

Especially, the helmet.

And that's what they want to change.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

SigReflect.png

It's not the entire uniform. The reports are that the uniform's changes aren't drastic. And it's not that dumb. The merchandising opportunities will be huge for a third jersey, especially a set that is somewhat still popular.

I would not want them to ditch a pewter shell but if they do, then white is the only one I would be OK with

Even if they left the uniform alone from the neck down, but switched the helmet from pewter to white, that by its self is a HUGE change. For NFL teams the helmet is the single biggest brand identifier. Every team's helmet is a default primary logo.

So let me slightly modify what I said. Honestly, if they really destroyed the color balance of a great uniform just so they could wear a throwback twice a year, that would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Even if they left the uniform alone from the neck down, but switched the helmet from pewter to white, that by its self is a HUGE change. For NFL teams the helmet is the single biggest brand identifier. Every team's helmet is a default primary logo.

So let me slightly modify what I said. Honestly, if they really destroyed the color balance of a great uniform just so they could wear a throwback twice a year, that would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Which is true. But of course that isn't the only reason. Welcoming a new era with new uniforms is common for teams. Merchandise sales, like I said, are also great with new logos. Also, the throwback option returns to them which leads to more merchandise sales. I don't want the change but if they do make the change, these are the reasons why I see it happening

Go A's!

Well this explains why they were having half off merchandise at the last few home games this year.

I've said before, the Bucs have a great look. They got it right the first time and that's rare. It is a look that stayed sharp since 1997.

I'm not sure why the Glazers are doing this, aside from financial reasons.

The Bucs were the only team in the area that looked good, I hope they aren't going to :censored: that up.

Are you Insomniac on HF?

What's HF?

2ly2w09.jpg

The NFL didn't announce the one helmet requirement until October. Even if everything else is staying the same, the Bucs had to have been planning this new helmet for over a year. If the helmet happens to be white, it will be purely coincidental. There's no way they made the decision and will have the helmet changed within a span of four months.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived