2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees look like they won't be stopped, they are killing the Tigresses.

I fear that if the Tigers don't win a title now, when will they win one?

Brad Ausmus may need to be fired, the Tigers have too much talent to play this bad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Yankees look like they won't be stopped, they are killing the Tigresses.

I fear that if the Tigers don't win a title now, when will they win one?

Brad Ausmus may need to be fired, the Tigers have too much talent to play this bad.

From what I've heard from people who've met him in person, Ausmus is kind of a jerk, so maybe it would be good on and off the field if the Tigers fire him. He's no Jim Leyland, that's for sure.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Brad Asmaus is lucky this did not blow up in May

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/big-league-stew/brad-ausmus-jokes-about-beating-his-wife-after-another-tigers-loss-223325943.html

Ausmus was asked by a reporter how he deals with losses when he goes home. His response?

"I beat my wife."

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Angel's beat A's 4-3, but the win is being overshadowed by a strange obstruction call that took place in the top of the 9th inning. See here:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24685856/as-playing-game-under-protest-following-controversial-obstruction-call

How is that obstruction? Aybar runs inward toward the pitching mound, later saying he did so because since the basepath lane was block if he went around Moss aka "out of the 3ft. basepath lane" it would be an automatic out. There's just one problem.

That baseline wasn't blocked. Sure Gibson and Davis didn't have replay like we do, but man, that's a tough call to swallow if you are the A's.

A's played under protest, but they will probably lose it due it being a judgement call and the fact that the A's got out of the inning without it truly affecting the game.

The baseline was blocked. Not enough that Aybar would have had to run a big curve around the players, but his direct path was obstructed. The thing that's tough about it is that Aybar ran into the pitcher, who had the ball. If Aybar had ran into Moss then it's definitely obstruction.

I think that the umps reasoning was that Aybar ended up running outside of the basepath because both the pitcher and Moss were in the baseline.

IEI5Tg1.png

The Angels and the Athletics are probably the favorites to represent the American League in October's World Series. We'll see.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Angels and the Athletics are probably the favorites to represent the American League in October's World Series. We'll see.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I'm not captain obvious, I known that for a month!

So you already know you're captain obvious, right?

It hurts to see good players like Todd Frazier and Zack Cozart, and Brandon Phillips be stuck with a team like the Reds that may be getting older and older. Sad. We'll see next year.

We will see next year because it's unlikely that a meteor will hit the united states and wipe out the baseball season. You don't have to end every post with "we'll see". We'll see next post though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived