• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling bull****. No, seriously...

37e005f0aa70d73cdac8c4f252e1abbd.jpg

Wow that is way to similar, the back and shading are nearly identical, but I assure you i would never intentionally plagiarize. Here are some of the reference images I used when making the logo.

photo1_zps5fadfa12.jpg

photo2_zps46cc2b76.jpg

I also referenced the redbulls logo.

You can see similar shading along the backs of both of these images. Nevertheless I will definitely be taking mine down and reworking it until I can comfortably call it my own. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope this incident doesn't taint the opinion on the rest of my work.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, man. The pose is very similar but that's where the similarities end.

24orncx.jpg

I think the colors are A-OK and the logo is well-rendered.

The thing that's a little "off" for how I'm reading it is the shape of the blue streak through the wordmark. It seems almost redundant to have the streak itself curved/arched and then have the wordmark further arched. That "double arching" (for lack of a better term) wouldn't be so noticeable if the blue streak wasn't placed right through those decorative points on the characters. For instance, that makes the two Gs look different since the streak is different thicknesses depending on what part of the word it's in.

The only other thing that maybe off is that the Alamo is only an outline and has no green on it. That's a little odd to my eyes. But it's minor.

It seems Im a bit stuck on the Breakers. I've finished the word mark and uniforms, but I cant get the logo right. I really want the include the boston light, the lighthouse in boston harbor, but my logos keep looking a little too soccer-crest-ish. Im trying to avoid just doing a generic wave, but Id love some suggestions on what other people think would look good. Heres a preview of the word mark and possible helmet (could go with or without logo)

BostonBreakersWordmarkV2small_zps1f44f79

BostonBreakersHelmet2small_zps04445638.p

I would suggest a silver helmet with a blue breaking waves logo with a white facemask.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived