OKC Thunder Logo Set** Jerseys & Court Now Up

hettinger_rl

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this works, but in trying to pare everything down to just Prime, 2nd, a couple tertiary, and wordmark I combined a couple of my previous elements. What do you think?

2yuy2b8.jpg

A thought occurs here, Hettinger. Here you're using an arrowhead as the exterior shape of the logo with the bison head inside it below the wordmark. What if...you were to take that bison head and make IT the exterior shape of the logo? If you can work it out, the portion above the wordmark could be clouds evocative of the top of the bison head, to include the horns...and below the wordmark would be the lower portion of the head in (somewhat of) the form of a basketball, or at least include the thread lines. If you can fashion a bison goatee from that, then I think you'll finally have a strong primary nailed down. (Hope all this makes sense.)

Try it out and see.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure if this works, but in trying to pare everything down to just Prime, 2nd, a couple tertiary, and wordmark I combined a couple of my previous elements. What do you think?

2yuy2b8.jpg

A thought occurs here, Hettinger. Here you're using an arrowhead as the exterior shape of the logo with the bison head inside it below the wordmark. What if...you were to take that bison head and make IT the exterior shape of the logo? If you can work it out, the portion above the wordmark could be clouds evocative of the top of the bison head, to include the horns...and below the wordmark would be the lower portion of the head in (somewhat of) the form of a basketball, or at least include the thread lines. If you can fashion a bison goatee from that, then I think you'll finally have a strong primary nailed down. (Hope all this makes sense.)

Try it out and see.

Here's a rough look. Is this what you're thinking of?

2vcx9mo.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

2yuy2b8.jpg

Try it out and see.

Here's a rough look. Is this what you're thinking of?

2vcx9mo.jpg

Yep..something along that line. It's a more abstract idea (which can be both difficult and fun to work out at the same time), but I believe it can also be a stronger one once/if you get it all worked out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

That OKC in the primary is almost shrunk to nothing even at this size. I get that the challenge is to keep that negative space from feeling too static, but I'm not sure if this is the way to.

rATMcmK.png

That OKC in the primary is almost shrunk to nothing even at this size. I get that the challenge is to keep that negative space from feeling too static, but I'm not sure if this is the way to.

I agree, however I don't think it is any worse than other such examples in the league. (Mavericks, Hornets, Raptors, Bucks)

Unis??court?? Its been a year almost and nothing else cept this?? Smh

5jzm6w.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived