Chicago Bulls Logo Concept

flipdesignstudio

Let me preface this by stating that as a lifelong Bulls fan, I have always felt that they have had 1 of the best looks in all of sports... This rebrand concept is more of an exercise in contemporary team branding than anything else, as I know many fans would be against updating their current look and historic color palette. My concept idea came about after seeing the Bulls current marketing campaign, "Chicago Basketball", which utilizes aspects of the Chicago municipal flag (Red 6 pointed stars, and the powder blue stripes) And after seeing what the Tampa Bay Bucs did with their recent update and the use of "enhanced logos" as opposed to a complete overhaul, I came up with this. I would love to get some feedback . Thanks
ChicagoBullsConcept.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this! Good job. I really like the primary logo and the use of the light/baby blue as another color.

My only critique would be with the secondary logos and the basketball. I know that the style of the logo has those sharp edges, but I am not sure that needs to carry over to the basketball.

Great work!

Wow I actually really like this. I like the "blockyness" to it. It's a unique look. But, I feel like the nose ring being rounded feels out of place. Seeing as everything else is "blocky" the nose ring should be blocky too, that's just my opinion though. All together really nice job though.

This is great! My only notes are that the Windy City logo, with it's smooth, fluid lines, seems like it doesn't belong with the package. I also think the profile of the bull head should be wider - Bulls have wide, fat faces which you nailed in the primary. I'd stretch it out a bit if I were you, but otherwise, well done!

Very good work, but I would have used gray instead of the baby blue.Baby blue makes it look more funny and cartoonish, and gray will make it look more dangerous and serious.

It's a tie-in to Chicago. The city of Chicago has a flag with 4 6-pointed stars and two baby blue bars.

6982500212_c18e8fa537.jpg

I am a big fan of this logo concept.

1.) I would prefer the round nose ring instead of the angular one because I don't think it looks out of place compared to the rest of the logo. But that's just a matter of taste one could discuss for several hours.

2.) I like the addition of baby blue as a third color and I immediately got your intention. But I'd be pretty interested to see this logo with cool gray instead of baby blue. I just think it would look better, more serious, like @Dilomski already mentioned. Could you post the primary logo using gray?

3.) I don't really like the blocky secondary logos, except the bull head from the side view. Try using a round basketball and leave the horns angularly. This would consequently mean that the "C" surrounding the ball should be round as well. Quite frankly, I don't know how that would look in comparison with the rest of the concept.

4.) I love the "Windy City" script. I wouldn't necessarily say that it doesn't fit with the rest of your concept.

5.) Pretty good wordmark, too. Nice font, no generic stuff.

All in all, 9/10! Great work! Kudos!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

People from Chicago do not call our home "The Windy City"

No team would use that term in their name or marketing if they are from Chicago to begin with.

Everyone in the United States instantly recognizes Chicago as "The Windy City"... including the majority of the people in Chicago.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

This is really fun! I like maintaining much of the brand identity, but adding dimension. Also love the use of adding the light blue and the six pointed stars from the Chicago City flag. It might be a touch that only locals would get, but it's terrific. Would love to see your uniform executions as well.

Archived