Chargers Concept Uniforms

Tifq76

I really want to be nice and give come C&C but these are probably the worst concepts I've ever seen.

Don't listen to this form of critism. That's not even close to being accurate.

Great work, but still, way to much Titans. You're trying to combine two primary colors and it's just not working, but it's not 'terrible' execution, it's just not a good idea to combine the two colors. These uniforms will always look like the Titans as you are using the double blue look without much yellow. I'd choose a blue and yellow combo and maybe enforce the other blue as a Tertiary color.

How can you with a straight face say these are 'great'? They are awful.

This concept may not be ideal to many, but I've seen many concepts that are much, much worse.

Like this

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97398-npba-fictional-basketball-league/

Lol I actually posted on that one saying they looked like a Rec league. I'm not trying to be mean, just the color matching makes the uniforms look nasty (and not in a good way).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok all I'm hearing a lot of the same thing - This weekend I'll do a major overhaul, probably with a new template too. I'm going to cut back on the powder and make it a tertiary and use the yellow as a secondary. I think this will solve both the loudness and the Titans problems. Thank you for helping me out - at least those who did.

Overall, I think the jerseys are quite busy. I think you need to pick one of the blues and just use the other blue as part of the accents. Would be kind of cool to see a gold pants alt. That was a core part of their identity with the white helmets from '66-'73. Check it out.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/images/1971_SanDiego.png

I doubt I will take the yellow that far. Never liked the yellow pants for the chargers or really any team. Only the packers can really pull it off.

I really want to be nice and give come C&C but these are probably the worst concepts I've ever seen.

Great work, but still, way to much Titans. You're trying to combine two primary colors and it's just not working, but it's not 'terrible' execution, it's just not a good idea to combine the two colors. These uniforms will always look like the Titans as you are using the double blue look without much yellow. I'd choose a blue and yellow combo and maybe enforce the other blue as a Tertiary color.

Great is a bit of an exaggeration, but as a poster that has never published any of my terrible concepts, I don't have much room to call people's designs out. Constructive critisism is what I gave him, as well as positive motivation as I can tell he has potential at making this a good concept. If you publish a concept and somebody calls your work "the worst on the forum," what is that going to do? It's not going to make him want to fix his concept, it's going to make him want to quit making concepts all together. They're by no means anywhere close to being that bad.

Great is a bit of an exaggeration, but as a poster that has never published any of my terrible concepts, I don't have much room to call people's designs out. Constructive critisism is what I gave him, as well as positive motivation as I can tell he has potential at making this a good concept. If you publish a concept and somebody calls your work "the worst on the forum," what is that going to do? It's not going to make him want to fix his concept, it's going to make him want to quit making concepts all together. They're by no means anywhere close to being that bad.

Please don't put words in my mouth, that's not a nice thing to do. Never did I say worst on the forum, in my opinion they are the worst concepts I've ever seen. If you are going to quote and individual, please do it correctly. So maybe you like the path of telling him they are "Great Work" but they are no where near it. I'm not going to lie to the man, I wouldn't want anyone to tell me my concept was GREAT when it wasn't. I'm sure he is going to be a fine at designing concepts, but this one just isn't a good one.

Comments like this don't help the artist improve. It's fine to think something is bad or needs work, but if you're going to post, you should provide specific areas that you been could be done better, or a certain technique that the artist needs to improve on, or some reason for the opinion. Again nothing is wrong with thinking it's the worst (though I think that's a bit of an exaggeration) but help him make it better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Please don't put words in my mouth, that's not a nice thing to do. Never did I say worst on the forum, in my opinion they are the worst concepts I've ever seen. If you are going to quote and individual, please do it correctly. So maybe you like the path of telling him they are "Great Work" but they are no where near it. I'm not going to lie to the man, I wouldn't want anyone to tell me my concept was GREAT when it wasn't. I'm sure he is going to be a fine at designing concepts, but this one just isn't a good one.

If they were the worst you've ever seen, then wouldn't they also be the worst on the forum, as far as you know?

Ok, I redid the unis. A little bit earlier than I said but I think they look much much better. So many changes I am not going to list them all. A little unsure about the alternates still. Maybe I should try more yellow and less navy - more of a modernized throwback look? Tell me what you guys think, I think you'll like them.

Home set:

1E4Wxk7.jpg

Away set:

UHlAvCp.jpg

Alternate Set:

P9O8EMY.jpg

Comments like this don't help the artist improve. It's fine to think something is bad or needs work, but if you're going to post, you should provide specific areas that you been could be done better, or a certain technique that the artist needs to improve on, or some reason for the opinion. Again nothing is wrong with thinking it's the worst (though I think that's a bit of an exaggeration) but help him make it better.

Didn't like it as a whole. If I were him I'd retool the whole thing.

Ok, I redid the unis. A little bit earlier than I said but I think they look much much better. So many changes I am not going to list them all. A little unsure about the alternates still. Maybe I should try more yellow and less navy - more of a modernized throwback look? Tell me what you guys think, I think you'll like them.

Home set:

1E4Wxk7.jpg

Away set:

UHlAvCp.jpg

Alternate Set:

P9O8EMY.jpg

These are MUCH better then the other ones. A lot cleaner, I wish the Chargers would use only two colors though like Powder Blue, Yellow, and White. Never been a big fan of that dark blue that a lot of teams use.

Presentation is much better but I still do not like the way that powder blue face mask looks.

The home uniform looks best., Good job on that.

I almost changed it but then I saw another concept online. When I actually saw the helmet and not just a sketch I really liked it.

T086xCC.jpg

Those are much better. It's a solid set, my only critique would be to get rid of the gold on the away pants. IMO, the dark pants would look good with just the bolt and no color around it.

I considered that as well. Actually I considered removing a lot of the striping. Taking it off the shoulders and the pants....

Archived