Somebody needs to put an end to this guy's madness.

shaydre1019

For the past year or so, I've seen a lot of terrible uniform concepts popping up around the internet. They all looked really similar, and now they're popping up all over twitter and facebook. I'm seeing a few a day at this point. I like modern designs when done right. This is not the case. I'm sure some of you have seen this guy's work around. A lot of my friends think these are awesome. I'm starting to feel like some of the traditionalists around here. At the very least, I feel like a lot of people's work from here deserves the exposure that this guy gets because there is A LOT of solid work being done here that only we know about.

This is "delete-my-account" bad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's driving me insane with the people who say these things are even remotely good looking. Sure, let's just copy past different elements in random spots on a uniform and call it a day. If this is what the uniform will look like in the future, the aesthetics of sports is going to take a bad turn for the worse I'm afraid.

Reading the comments on that page is kinda depressing:

Somebody is going to pick you up sooner or later. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour..... just keep doing what you do.
Keep your head up man good idea's your making .. let this negatively make you strong..

If any manufacturer springs for a guy like this, I quit. I also think it's hilarious that he's doing all these 5 minute concepts on UA templates and slapping Nike's logo all over them.

Somebody is going to pick you up sooner or later. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour..... just keep doing what you do.
Keep your head up man good idea's your making .. let this negatively make you strong..

If any manufacturer springs for a guy like this, I quit. I also think it's hilarious that he's doing all these 5 minute concepts on UA templates and slapping Nike's logo all over them.

It's like his thought process is "let's see...piping over here, over sized logo over here, let's throw another one over here, 6" nike logo right here, oh and another over here, *opens up type tool, selects Times New Roman*, let's throw in some 5's over here and voila!

And i too thought it was kinda funny that he used a UA template.

For the past year or so, I've seen a lot of terrible uniform concepts popping up around the internet. They all looked really similar, and now they're popping up all over twitter and facebook. I'm seeing a few a day at this point. I like modern designs when done right. This is not the case. I'm sure some of you have seen this guy's work around. A lot of my friends think these are awesome. I'm starting to feel like some of the traditionalists around here. At the very least, I feel like a lot of people's work from here deserves the exposure that this guy gets because there is A LOT of solid work being done here that only we know about.

Yet you're giving him exposure to this entire board. Yeah the're "different", but different isn't always bad. I'd welcome work like this on the concepts board.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah the're "different", but different isn't always bad. I'd welcome work like this on the concepts board.

To me these are exactly the types of designs that prove that "unique" doesn't equate to "good."

Amen

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

And it's the same font for everything too...

Personally, if someone thinks that, then I know at least 20 guys on the concept forum could be head of design at some companies.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Yet you're giving him exposure to this entire board. Yeah the're "different", but different isn't always bad. I'd welcome work like this on the concepts board.

Whether his work is good or bad, this board often has a "crabs in a bucket" mentality.

There's different, and there's lazy. To me, this is lazy. There's not a lot of originality here, just shock value. Large logo, random piping, odd number placement, save. That's why he's getting some "press" -- they're outlandish.

It reminds me of that kid in high school that you thought was cool because of his sweet riced-out Civic -- everyone who knew anything about cars saw right through it. His designs are that Civic, we're the car guys, and his fans are Fast and Furious fanboys ;)

LI Phil....

I was thinking the same thing, but he just put together the album i believe, lol.

So after looking through his FB page, it appears he has some sort of contract with a youth football league in Florida. I guess he makes decent money off of it, or doing something. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Design-Junkie/208307940215

I would LOVE to design for a youth football league. As much as i dislike his work, i'd be happy to see my work being used in real life.

And it's the same font for everything too...

Personally, if someone thinks that, then I know at least 20 guys on the concept forum could be head of design at some companies.

I think this might, in part, be that whole "nobody does anything bad if they tried" mentality. "You sure did put a lot of effort into these concepts, keep believing in yourself and it'll work out someday!" rather than giving constructive criticism or flat out telling him that nobody has ever gone for anything remotely like any of these and they likely never will.

If kids in school can retake any test that they do poorly on, and keep doing it until it's a good grade, what's to stop that mentality from entering the concepts world?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived