New Reebok Logo

CS85

If you critique with snarky commentary you're going to get snarky commentary back.

I don't understand when the critics and opinions started to be off limits from critique themselves. The style of commentary is allowed to be critiqued just as much as the art itself.

Paul doesn't apply to this article all the time, but it couldn't speak better to the quality of commentary that is out there right now on design. I was going to put it in its own thread but why not start it here:

http://www.thefoxisblack.com/2014/03/06/criticism-of-olive-gardens-new-logo-leaves-a-bad-taste-in-my-mouth/

Please critique creative work. Its subjective and should be critiqued just like food, movies, and other creative enterprises. But snarky commentary like "an 8 year old could have done this!" deserves to be ridiculed and it devalues viewpoints that very well could be deserved and warranted.

Fair enough, but it doesn't excuse the childish jabs at him. In terms of bringing respectability and awareness of sports uniforms/ design he and Chris are to thank.

He goes on rants about the smallest things, and turns his page into a political website sometimes with all the thinks he says about the redskins or dont get him started about stirrups, he gets hard ons from those, he deserves what he gets
So he has hard and fast opinions on his own website? So what. His pieces on ESPN are fair and balanced. They are presented to a much larger audience and Pauls writing will state opinion without sounding snarky (see the latest post regarding Tampa bay's uniforms). He can say whatever he wants on his own personal website, don't visit it then, but making fun of the man the way some here are is just juvenile.

Lukas is a pretentious douche bag who unfortunately has been labeled as the uniform/logo expert.

I stopped going on his site a while ago. I'll get updates from here.

His pushes his politics into his site way too much. I don't give a :censored: what he thinks about politics. I want to read about sports related stuff and separate the two.

Anyways, not a fan of the new logo really. I liked the old one alot. Ever since Adidias acquired Reebok though, I haven't been as big of a fan of their stuff.

2ly2w09.jpg

Lukas is a pretentious douche bag who unfortunately has been labeled as the uniform/logo expert.

His pushes his politics into his site way too much. I don't give a :censored: what he thinks about politics. I want to read about sports related stuff and separate the two.

Anyways, not a fan of the new logo really. I liked the old one alot. Ever since Adidias acquired Reebok though, I haven't been as big of a fan of their stuff.

^Agreed. Used to be a daily visitor to the site but never go anymore. You know its bad if the political science major can't tolerate the petty political rants. What was it I called him on these boards a few years ago...Unidouche?

Back on topic though, the delta logo doesn't make any sense at all. Why walk away from the funky triangles, whatever the hell it was, which was easily one of the most recognizable logos of major corporations?

Something about it makes me think of a video game I've played but I can't put my finger on it. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I've seen cross fit merchandise that has this logo on it. It does have some potential and can be used well, especially when it's white on a red background. I also prefer the general design of it over the triangles that Reebok has now, but it will never scream out "Reebok" to me.

Well, dont you get it guys, now they can sell the sneakers with the old logo on it as "classic" and charge double lol

I know they still sell plain sneakers with the union jack on it.

Yup they do. Swizz Beatz is running their classics line. It's like a sneaker heads wet dream if you have been looking for the old Player Exclusives. It's like Nike retro-ing Jordan's only slightly cheaper and you might not get shot over a pair of Ewings.

Can I just say I am glad someone posted that stuff about Crossfit. As a fitness professional for the past 5 years, nothing has irritated me more than Crossfit and the people that do it. You know how to find out if someone does Crossfit? Just listen to the person that won't shut up about how they do Crossfit. Know what? Reebok will probably sell tons of their CF gear just because it's CF gear. Crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree on every single point in this post....both on Lukas and the new RBK logo.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Archived