New Olive Garden Logo

LEWJ

As for the logo itself, I like the script, but all the components don't really add up into one cohesive mark. You first see the white script, then your eye see these two strange branches coming out of nowhere (the secondary branch just ends really awkwardly), and then you have ITALIAN KITCHEN just randomly floating around down there, like it's too far down and right aligned. It's really a random collection of type and iconography.

Agreed, nothing really seems to connect, it's just sort of floating around each other. That said, I still think it's better than what they currently use. I imagine they'll still incorporate the fresco styling somehow and make it look "more Italian".

wow, throwin' it back to 2008 with the logo. i was instantly reminded of stuff you'd see on crowdsourcing sites or even portfolios like LogoPond around that time. you weren't cool unless you could slay a leaf with a brown and green palette.

still i guess it's nice enough for Olive Garden. i definitely prefer this look to the old logo. and the new restaurants look nice inside. i like the quieter, earth and wine tones of everything. looking at the old stuff, it looks just like Dennys or some other cheap diner of the like. if they were going for a more modern adn slightly upscale feel i think they nailed it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

While some things in the old restaurant style are definitely dated or never were great (I think the chairs look like cheap hotel furniture from the early 90's), I don't really like giving up the fantasy idea of the little Tuscan villa. The new color palette is nice, and those cushy benches look a lot more comfortable than those Home Depot park benches in the waiting, but modern is easy and generic in a situation like this, IMO.

Blah! O.G. needs to keep the old logo and just update/tweek it a bit. The old logo looks more Italian.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Revisiting my initial comments... I will add that I do believe the new logo is superior to the old. The simplicity is awesome, and I love the colors. But as I said, it doesn't feel like "Italian fine-dinning". To be fair, neither does the old logo-it's just been associated with the restaurant for so long, it's what we know. The new logo will work, but unfortunately a simplified logo doesn't need a simplified building interior to go with it...

As far as the decor and building design are concerned, I will say that I usually like change. But looking at this redesign, I like the exterior, but the interior is much too modern and doesn't feel like an Italian restaurant at all (from what I can see). It looks like Ruby Tuesday meets Panera bread.

I personally like the former interior because it is something I could see still working in 20 years. The redesigned interior seems cliche' and I feel as though it will feel outdated in a decade. It just looks like it could be a Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Max and Ermas or O'Charley's.

I may be looking too far into it, but the fact that they use the term "kitchen" makes it seem as though they may be revisiting their entire marketing plan-not just appearance.

For some reason Bob Evan's recent makeover comes to mind (bakery, etc.). So maybe "Italian fine-dining" isn't at all what they want to be known as now. Although the new plate presentation says otherwise.

*I use the term "Italian fine dining" loosely. I don't actually view olive garden as "fine dining." But I know plenty of people who think it's a place to "really impress" their girlfriend on valentines day. Sad.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

As for the logo itself, I like the script, but all the components don't really add up into one cohesive mark. You first see the white script, then your eye see these two strange branches coming out of nowhere (the secondary branch just ends really awkwardly), and then you have ITALIAN KITCHEN just randomly floating around down there, like it's too far down and right aligned. It's really a random collection of type and iconography.

Spot on.

I'm just glad they actually have olives in the logo instead of grapes. That confused the hell out of me as a kid.

I like the new restaraunt design. Sure it may seem dated in several years, but their current design has looked dated for years. Especially those chairs; they look like they belong in some mom & pop motel.

*I use the term "Italian fine dining" loosely. I don't actually view olive garden as "fine dining." But I know plenty of people who think it's a place to "really impress" their girlfriend on valentines day. Sad.

I think their dated decor has a lot to do with the perception that they aren't "fine dining". Their food isn't that bad, but it's become the cool thing to rag on it. If you look at most "classier" Italian restaraunts they have a cleaner, if not more modern aesthetic (though maybe not quite as modern as Olive Garden's update).

spacer.png

I think their dated decor has a lot to do with the perception that they aren't "fine dining". Their food isn't that bad, but it's become the cool thing to rag on it. If you look at most "classier" Italian restaraunts they have a cleaner, if not more modern aesthetic (though maybe not quite as modern as Olive Garden's update).
That is very true, good points. I definitely know what you mean regarding modern aesthetics. I think it's just hard for some people to speak so highly of a national chain restaurant. I might be one of them. Haha

Edit: I recently ate at "Bravo! Cucina Italiano". I would consider it an upscale olive garden. It's more in line with my idea of "fine dining" and I actually remember saying "this is like olive garden on steroids!"

It utilizes a very similar restaurant design to the current/old olive garden. Just much brighter and more wide open, IIRC.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 weeks later...

The "O" is actually an Olive.

Took me a second to realize that. Props for being clever on an otherwise dumb logo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived