New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I've never seen a drop shadow at that angle. Usually the shadow is to the south east, not north west. It looks very strange that way.

I know the NY Rangers do a south-west drop shadow, but I can't think of any team that uses a north east or north west one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

Just saw this pic. If that's what they're going to use, I'll be overjoyed.

Notice the gray on the collar seam (?) beneath the "DAWG POUND" script. That might be the gunmetal gray being added to the Browns' color scheme that we're talking about.

and the gray on the jock tag too

The collar seam and jock tags were gray last year too on all Nike NFL $100 jerseys, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.

10-Youth-Jake-Locker-Limited-Home-Jersey

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks like an unlicensed knock off ready for the clearance rack at Ross.

Except for all of the tags, Nike logos, and other quirks that are included on the officially licensed jerseys.

I'd be shocked if this Joe Haden jersey was not the real deal. Likely an alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So a plain jersey with the sleeve stripes extended onto the front is considered "modern" ? I guess "CLEVELAND" was added because with these crazy new jerseys and the radically changed helmet, some people might not recognize them anymore.

I still think the wordmarks are just a bootleg deterrent thing. Otherwise they have no business on a football jersey.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the orange is the primary. That would make the brown the alternate and/or throwback. What are the rules for alternates anyway? 2 games, and either an alt or a throwback but not both? I could see them wanting to do both, 4 orange primary, 2 brown throwback, 2 brown alt if it were legal.

Browns-orange-jersey-205x300.jpg

One thing about the orange alts - the 2000s ones were too pale and drab. The new bolder orange will help a lot, I think...

I wouldn't be that surprised if the orange is the primary. That would make the brown the alternate and/or throwback. What are the rules for alternates anyway? 2 games, and either an alt or a throwback but not both? I could see them wanting to do both, 4 orange primary, 2 brown throwback, 2 brown alt if it were legal.

If this the real deal... in other words, an actual accidental sighting of the jersey, I'm going to bet the orange IS the primary. First off, I wouldn't think the alt would be nearly as likely to leak out, but also, there's the owner saying the uniform change would be more drastic. Well, a brown version of this is not especially drastic IMO. I'm going to go ahead and make the prediction that (again, assuming this isn't fake) that the primary home uniform combination will be orange over brown, with other combinations thrown in.

Prior to the Jaguars, Vikings, and Bucs unveiling their new uniforms the past few years, does anyone know how quickly merch was in stores? Would retail outlets really have this stuff almost 2 weeks before the unveiling? To me, that's the biggest red flag. If the Browns are being so tight-lipped about this and drumming up a bunch of ballyhoo about it, why would they let Nike ship this stuff to retailers across the country, knowing damn well it'd get leaked?

Well...it is the Browns.

But seriously. Nike wouldn't really do that either, would they?

There were leaked replica images well in advance for both the Jaguars and Dolphins. The Jaguars leak was the black jersey while the Dolphins had the new logo and Nike swoosh application on the sleeve. This kind of stuff is not of heard of.

play_logos_576.jpg

I spent the better part of the last decade working for a similar athletic retailer, and I can tell you that these types of products typically arrive 10-14 prior to release dates.

Knowing that, the time frame between this picture leaking and the uniform unveiling is not a coincidence. Furthermore, Nike Ships jerseys folded and sealed in plastic bags (like in the Dolphins pic above) and standard procedure, at least in my store, was to unfold and hang the products as soon as the shipment is received(apparently what happened in the Browns leak).

The Bottom line is this: they want these jerseys to sell from day one, and the only way to achieve that is to ship prior to unveiling/release/premier etc.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

If this the real deal... in other words, an actual accidental sighting of the jersey, I'm going to bet the orange IS the primary. First off, I wouldn't think the alt would be nearly as likely to leak out, but also, there's the owner saying the uniform change would be more drastic. Well, a brown version of this is not especially drastic IMO. I'm going to go ahead and make the prediction that (again, assuming this isn't fake) that the primary home uniform combination will be orange over brown, with other combinations thrown in.

Wouldn't doubt it. Provided the alternate is brown (and there are white-not gray-pants), I can see a "Plan B" of sorts if fans raise enough complaints where the brown jersey regains primary status for 2016 (maybe even before the start of the season).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I would love Orange-Orange-Brown as their new main look. The Brown pants would still satisfy the "they have to wear brown because they're the Browns" crowd, and it would be an awesome and still unique look in the NFL as the Orange-Brown-White look. Plus, like you've mentioned, it would satisfy the "drastic change" part.

Cleveland sports announcer (and convicted wife beater) Tony Rizzo is claiming on Twitter that "the leaks are fake," but if one were to count all the times Rizzo has made some sort of "scoop" and was proven dead wrong, it would take all night.

(I seem to remember quite a few "insiders" were claiming that the leaked Dolphins and Jaguars photos above were 'fake' at the time.)

For me, what clinches these as being real is the "Dawg Pound" logo on the shirt in the background. Only a troll with extremely severe OCD would actually bother to also photoshop/manufacture a fake t-shirt for the background.

By the way, the dropshadow numbers date back to the teams first season in 1946.

Also, I think if that jersey is the real deal, they would be the first NFL team to have giant text above the number on the front? I know it was done int he Pro Bowl, but we've only seen this practice used in College. I guess they want Manziel to think he's still playing for Texas A&M... :upside:

bSLCtu2.png

The "Cleveland" word mark will actually probably go over pretty well with the fans.

Over the last decade or so, there has been a real push-back by residents against the whole "Cleveland is a joke of a city, laugh at them for their patheticness" thing.

Note how anytime Bill Simmons makes a Cleveland joke, he acknowledges that he gets about a billion death threats on Twitter. You can't make jokes about the city anymore without Clevelanders flaming you into oblivion.

The "Cleveland" word mark will actually probably go over pretty well with the fans.

Over the last decade or so, there has been a real push-back by residents against the whole "Cleveland is a joke of a city, laugh at them for their patheticness" thing.

Note how anytime Bill Simmons makes a Cleveland joke, he acknowledges that he gets about a billion death threats on Twitter. You can't make jokes about the city anymore without Clevelanders flaming you into oblivion.

Funny. My original thoughts on the CLEVELAND were that it's part of this stupid over-the-top enthusiasm that's so prevalent these days: "YAY LET'S TELL EVERYONE HOW PROUD WE ARE TO BE FROM [iNSERT RUST BELT CITY] because if we don't tell everyone how awesome it is all the time, they'll assume we're embarrassed to be from [insert rust belt city]." * It's like when you see a product on the shelf that says,"GREAT NEW TASTE!!!" Maybe I'll try it, maybe I won't, but it definitely tells me that it was so screwed up before that they had to rework the whole thing.

Be cool, man.§ Just let it be.

* I say this as somebody from Buffalo, mind you. I don't have anything against Cleveland.

§ Not referring to actual quoted poster. Just in general.

Cleveland sports announcer (and convicted wife beater) Tony Rizzo is claiming on Twitter that "the leaks are fake," but if one were to count all the times Rizzo has made some sort of "scoop" and was proven dead wrong, it would take all night.

(I seem to remember quite a few "insiders" were claiming that the leaked Dolphins and Jaguars photos above were 'fake' at the time.)

For me, what clinches these as being real is the "Dawg Pound" logo on the shirt in the background. Only a troll with extremely severe OCD would actually bother to also photoshop/manufacture a fake t-shirt for the background.

Why did you feel the need to include that when we are here talking about jerseys? Simply state he is a sports announcer. That's it.

Archived