New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I think we can put the Grey color addition conversation to bed. There's absolutely zero trace of grey in any "leak" we've seen thus far.

I also think these are going to look better on players than the retail jersey does, but I still really don't agree with the number font choice, specifically the shadow. I REALLY don't want this to become a trend.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>

I'm really hoping he meant white lettering with orange shadowing. I can't imagine how the reverse would look good...

Amateurish. Which is obviously what they're going for. I imagine Cleveland is readying their torches at the word that orange jerseys might be their new primary. Add in orange numbers on the white jersey, and theres'a gonna be some good, old fashioned rioting, I reckon.

Honestly, I don't think there will be much rioting for orange numbers and gray pants instead of orange pants.

I lump the Browns fan base into 3 distinct categories:

• The 60 and Older - They talk about what football was like in 1960 and think its still relevant today... You can't win in the AFC North unless you do exactly what was done in Glory Years. They will livid about orange numbers.
  • The 35-60 - They continually talk about Bernie Kosar and anything he was a part of is vastly superior to anything he wasn't a part of. He is more powerful than God. They won't overly excited about it, but they won't care that much, they just want to win finally.
  • The 35 and Younger - We want SOME sort of flair or pizzazz. Like the 35-60, we don't really care, just win... but if we are going to continue to lose, as least make us look good doing it.

I'm 31 and my thinking is solidly in the "60 an older" camp in your post.

Honestly, I'd hope anybody who think along the "35 and younger" lines mentioned above would just go follow the Ravens or Seahawks or Buccaneers and, ultimately, just move out of Cleveland. They don't get the Browns or Cleveland and are ruining it for the rest of us.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah.

This thread is funny can't wait until tomorrow...

It's going to be glorious.

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

1. Matte style similar to Vikings. Helmet stripe will have a "beat up look" - think Rutgers - to "represent the toughness of the steel industry and the blue collar Browns fans...blah blah blah."

2. Orange, brown, white. Orange will be the new primary with brown as an alternate.

3. Brown, orange, white. Brown will be the primary.

And with that, the "new" Browns will have destroyed the last bit of anything that linked them to the original Browns. Honestly, as someone who grew up loving the original team, I'm at the point where I wish this new team had never happened. To call this joke of a franchise the Cleveland Browns is an insult to the actual Cleveland Browns.

BB52Big.jpg

This thread is funny can't wait until tomorrow...

It's going to be glorious.

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

1. Matte style similar to Vikings. Helmet stripe will have a "beat up look" - think Rutgers - to "represent the toughness of the steel industry and the blue collar Browns fans...blah blah blah."

2. Orange, brown, white. Orange will be the new primary with brown as an alternate.

3. Brown, orange, white. Brown will be the primary.

And with that, the "new" Browns will have destroyed the last bit of anything that linked them to the original Browns. Honestly, as someone who grew up loving the original team, I'm at the point where I wish this new team had never happened. To call this joke of a franchise the Cleveland Browns is an insult to the actual Cleveland Browns.

It gets so old listening to people complain about everything the Browns do. I'm not dying you have to agree with everything but what exactly is the past they are connected to 15 years of losing. Prior to that it had not won anything in nearly 20 years.

You want to hang on to the Kosar Days. That's a loser mentality. Worshiping a team that lost th AFC Championship game 3 times. It was fun to watch but they still never won anything.

Time to let the past be honored in the old uniforms.

It's a new Era. If you don't like it, it's actually a perfect time to move on.

I for one am happy for the change.

Go Browns!!

I lump the Browns fan base into 3 distinct categories:

• The 60 and Older - They talk about what football was like in 1960 and think its still relevant today... You can't win in the AFC North unless you do exactly what was done in Glory Years. They will livid about orange numbers.
  • The 35-60 - They continually talk about Bernie Kosar and anything he was a part of is vastly superior to anything he wasn't a part of. He is more powerful than God. They won't overly excited about it, but they won't care that much, they just want to win finally.
  • The 35 and Younger - We want SOME sort of flair or pizzazz. Like the 35-60, we don't really care, just win... but if we are going to continue to lose, as least make us look good doing it.

Your "demographics" are...well...ridiculous, but you do make a good point on a larger issue. This version of the Browns (I'm assuming you're under 35) is your team. People like me who grew up with the original Browns have never been able to fully invest in the new Browns. These Browns simply aren't "our" Browns. Not saying that's good, bad, or anything else - it's just how it is. So yeah, we aren't going to react well to losing the last thing - really the only thing - we had linking this team to the team we grew up with. I don't think that's such an awful thing.

This version of the Browns belongs to the kids who grew up rooting for them. Hopefully, they'll never have to see their team pick up and move and then be replaced with a new version.

BB52Big.jpg

It gets so old listening to people complain about everything the Browns do. I'm not dying you have to agree with everything but what exactly is the past they are connected to 15 years of losing. Prior to that it had not won anything in nearly 20 years.

You want to hang on to the Kosar Days. That's a loser mentality. Worshiping a team that lost th AFC Championship game 3 times. It was fun to watch but they still never won anything.

Another...well...dumb post that somehow still managed to make a good point. You're right, it's the perfect time to move on and that's exactly what I plan on doing.

BB52Big.jpg

Another...well...dumb post that somehow still managed to make a good point. You're right, it's the perfect time to move on and that's exactly what I plan on doing.

Yep dumb post.

And Bye!!

Y'know, I have to agree with you. I stopped being a true Browns fan (or one of any team, really) back when Fart Modell pulled his act. While I'd always been hopeful that the new Browns would provide Clevelanders with entertaining, winning football, I gave up on that hope several years ago. And with this rebrand, it goes from a train wreck you watch to one you just turn your head away from.

nav-logo.png

It's a new Era.

The King is dead. Long live the King. (Who happens to be the old king's hideously inbred imbecilic son who was last seen shooting at his chief advisers with a crossbow and setting the drapes on fire.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Your "demographics" are...well...ridiculous...

As they often are. No one who says "everyone from this age to that age thinks a certain way" is ever right about anything. At least not purpose. A broken clock is right twice a day.

I for one am happy for the change.

Go Browns!!

What seems to indicate that this new "era" will be any different from the last fifteen years? Or the two decades before that? They still seem like the same bad football team to me. Only now they won't even be visually linked to the great teams of the past. They'll just have generic collegiate-esque nonsense. Woohoo.

I'm 31 and my thinking is solidly in the "60 an older" camp in your post.

Honestly, I'd hope anybody who think along the "35 and younger" lines mentioned above would just go follow the Ravens or Seahawks or Buccaneers and, ultimately, just move out of Cleveland. They don't get the Browns or Cleveland and are ruining it for the rest of us.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah.

Hmm. I never thought of it like that. Solid point.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well it's been 16 years of mostly disappointment and it's time to kick start a new beginning.

I hope the team and fans will look at the change as way to start over and build something of a new history.

Something the city and fans can be proud of.

Go Browns!

BTW - I'm 62....

Umm, the Browns looked damn good losing last year. They looked even better when the returned in 1999, when the brown was lighter and the socks were striped. They also looked pretty good in orange pants in 2003. It sounds like you're saying "If you're going to lose, at least make new uniforms just to I can buy something new and momentarily pretend the new uniforms will make the players perform better."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They'll just have generic collegiate-esque nonsense. Woohoo.

Because their previous uniform design was SO unique :rolleyes:

I still don't get why a larger-than-usual (for the NFL) wordmark is getting so much flak. Personally I hate the teeny tiny wordmarks in the NFL. I say either make them a little bigger or don't use them at all.

I'm kind of hoping for the Oregon State candy paint look on the helmet but I'm expecting something more like the "anodized satin" finish from Oregon's Rose Bowl helmet.

Here's my mock-up:

brownshelmet_1.png

It's... It's... It's beautiful!!!!

Looks really great. Nice job!

They'll just have generic collegiate-esque nonsense. Woohoo.

Because their previous uniform design was SO unique :rolleyes:

I still don't get why a larger-than-usual (for the NFL) wordmark is getting so much flak. Personally I hate the teeny tiny wordmarks in the NFL. I say either make them a little bigger or don't use them at all.

It's a look that's almost universally associated with the amateur game (college, HS, pop warner, etc). It seems odd that a team in the top level of its sport would want to emulate a look that's 100% associated with the lower levels.

Also, it kind of smells of pandering - figuring that people will buy it if it says CLEVELAND really big on it, because Cleveland.

I think that large lettering could work in the NFL, but it'd have to be more different from the standard college lettering than this one is. I'll wait to see it in context, but from what I've seen, I don't think that was the best decision they could have made.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived