New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the argument that the orange helmet is because the team name was based on someone's last name still doesn't hold water when they primarily wear brown jerseys anyway.

That logic would require the Packers to wear a green helmet.

But the argument that the orange helmet is because the team name was based on someone's last name still doesn't hold water when they primarily wear brown jerseys anyway.

That logic would require the Packers to wear a green helmet.

Ya, the Green Packers. I skipped Bay because the G stands for "Greatness" and Green.

Really hope Cleveland makes the playoffs next year.

I don't see why they should change those uniforms since they've had them for decades. The NFL is filled with clubs who never change.

I can guarantee whatever they change to will ultimately be scrapped in some future date to revert back to what they're wearing now and before. Similar to what the 49ers did a few years ago, and to a lesser extent Minnesota last year.

At least they are not making any changes to the helmet, but I am certain no matter what comes out in a year, it will be a downgrade.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I always loved the Brown's jersey's. I don't think they should change it up at all.

Since they are, I hope they do something similair to what the Vikings did, just keep it cool. No need to go Bucs/Jags/Seahawks on us.

I just hope the Browns don't go super modern like the Jaquars and Buccaneers. Those uniforms look like bad XFL uniforms. If they do some sort of update to the stripe pattern where it is still a classic feel, similar to the Buckeyes massive helmet stripe from the last 2 years, then I'm all for it.

Its funny because the Browns uniforms aren't that far away from being great. Like everyone has already said, add orange pants wit the white and brown shirt when playing divisional games, and then pair white pants with brown shirt and brown pants (with some frigging stripes please) with the white jersey for non-divisional games. Hell, I would even allow a brown on brown and white on white games once per year.

I do hope they go outside of the box at least a little bit... and add dark gray pants and/or dark gray shirt to be worn 2-4 times per year. It sounds crazy, but the gray would look great with the brown and orange... similar to Oklahoma State (yes I know they are orange and black). And I hope they get some sort of custom number/font.

I also hope they go to some sort of a matte finish helmet. I think a chrome or pearl helmet would look terrible with the current shade of orange. For chrome or pearl to work, they would have to have a different color orange...

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I just hope the Browns don't go super modern like the Jaquars and Buccaneers. Those uniforms look like bad XFL uniforms. If they do some sort of update to the stripe pattern where it is still a classic feel, similar to the Buckeyes massive helmet stripe from the last 2 years, then I'm all for it.

Its funny because the Browns uniforms aren't that far away from being great. Like everyone has already said, add orange pants wit the white and brown shirt when playing divisional games, and then pair white pants with brown shirt and brown pants (with some frigging stripes please) with the white jersey for non-divisional games. Hell, I would even allow a brown on brown and white on white games once per year.

I do hope they go outside of the box at least a little bit... and add dark gray pants and/or dark gray shirt to be worn 2-4 times per year. It sounds crazy, but the gray would look great with the brown and orange... similar to Oklahoma State (yes I know they are orange and black). And I hope they get some sort of custom number/font.

I also hope they go to some sort of a matte finish helmet. I think a chrome or pearl helmet would look terrible with the current shade of orange. For chrome or pearl to work, they would have to have a different color orange...

CNN speculated it could look like the Pro Bowl uniforms.

cleveland-browns-new-uniforms.jpg?w=600&

If you remember what Nike Branding President Charlie Denson said:

"We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available. The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years."

Let's be honest, that's Nike speak for, "Here at Nike we have the biggest d**ks on the planet. With those massive d**ks, if we can, we would like to urinate all over anything aesthetic that exists. When we're done, if your grandfather were to wake up from the dead and watch football, he'd have no clue which team was the one he used to root for."

(Quote taken from this article: http://www.cnbc.com/id/39634800)

From Nike's standpoint, the only way to make money is wholesale changes. I'll use the Green Bay Packers as an example because I like them, and because it works well for this. The Packers haven't made major changes to their look since the Lombardi years. They buy new jerseys when star players arrive on the team. Some people get personalized jerseys, etc. Packers fans probably already have Aaron Rodgers jerseys at this point. He's been a fan favorite for awhile, and he's not going anywhere for awhile either. So eventually the saturation point for Rodgers jerseys levels out. If you're all eating Papa Johns pepperoni pizza for lunch, and I bring in boxes of Little Caesar's pepperoni pizza most of you are going to ignore me. Some of you might favor Little Caesar's flavor, and come get a slice from me. That won't be the cast for most of you who figure I already have pepperoni pizza, so what's the point? I could bring in plain cheese pizza from Little Caesar's. More of you are going to come get some pizza because you prefer the cheese to pepperoni, but it's only a minor change. The market is still saturated, and what I brought to the table wasn't really different enough to get you to check me out. However, if I bring in a giant box of fajitas, well holy cow that's something completely different!!! A lot of you are going to get up and at least try a fajita.

That's overly simplified, but going back to Green Bay, basically if Nike uses the same look the Packers have already been using, then there's no difference or reason for anyone to buy a new jersey. If they completely revamp everything top to bottom, some people will love it, and some people will hate it. The people who are bored with the same old will start buying up all the new stuff even if it's ugly. They just want what's new and different. Then Nike can produce replicas of the old styles and sell those for more money as throwbacks for the people who loved it the way it was. Going back to the lunch explanation, ever go into a restaurant and they've taken what you love off the menu? That's what Nike just did. Sometimes if you ask nicely, they'll still make you your usual if the chefs remember the recipe. That's what Nike will do with their throwback line. That's how you make money.

At the end of the day, you, as the consumer, like what you like. If you loved the Reebok cut or traditional jerseys, thanks to today's interwebs, you can probably find it despite being a little more costly. If this were 20 years ago, you'd be S.O.L. Key word probably, because there's no guarantee. There are probably some people who miss Blockbuster Video, but Netflix says "Sucks to be you guys." That's how Nike feels about people who miss the old jerseys they're changing. It is what it is. The only thing consistent in this world is change.

I love rock music, and it's no longer on regular radio. Everything is leaning towards pop and EDM. I can still find rock music I like thanks to YouTube. It exists, but I have to go out of my way for it. I hate to say it, but traditional style uniforms are just pepperoni pizza and rock music (if anyone takes away pepperoni pizza I'm going to get really really really angry).

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm surprised nobody has attempted to do a "Nike-fy the NFL" concept thread yet of what every team would look like if Nike had their way.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't think the helmet is untouchable, but the Browns better not do anything more than slightly alter the finish on the helmet. Maybe something like this:

rn_i_oregonstate_ms_600.jpg

Yeah, I think that is almost EXACTLY what Nike will do with the Browns. The brown/white stripe in the center, maybe enlarged like Ohio State. What Nike will do is create an identifiable logo for the Browns, even if it is just a wordmark.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

When worn correctly, the Browns uniforms are every bit as iconic as the Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc. By "when worn correctly", I mean like this:

suqeda5e.jpgjeff-garcia.jpg

This with white facemasks = Perfection

Put something on the helmet, please.

That is NOT going to happen!

I like the Browns gray facemask. It's probably the only case of a gray mask without gray in the uniform that I like.

Of course they'll make it cutting edge and go chrome or dark chrome like the Bucs.

I hate grey facemasks, but I would prefer them to chrome or brown

I'd love to see that set but doubt it. Makes too much sense and the design quality is beyond the current group at Nike. At the very least I fear Nike will try and spice up their number font to appeal to their 13 year old demographic.

Like other's have said. I'd like to see an Oregon State type design.

Use a metallic orange finish on the helmet and bigger stripes.

Every new NFL uniform in the past 3 years has had a custom font. So I'd expect a modernized block font.

Silver or cream trim wouldn't be the worst either.

I don't think the helmet is untouchable, but the Browns better not do anything more than slightly alter the finish on the helmet. Maybe something like this:

rn_i_oregonstate_ms_600.jpg

Yeah, I think that is almost EXACTLY what Nike will do with the Browns. The brown/white stripe in the center, maybe enlarged like Ohio State. What Nike will do is create an identifiable logo for the Browns, even if it is just a wordmark.

that helmet finish would look much better on the bengals. the easiest design nike signature design to apply to the browns would be the pro combat tosu wore last season in browns colors. that seems to make the most sense to me.

Archived