New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Well lets see... the Buccaneers are to a 1975 alarm clock is to the Browns to.... If Nike is in design with them, you might have monotype cursive type or font... maybe the ol' edgy paint stroke look... what is up Nike? Cant screw up enough jerseys and team identies?

I hope Nike goes out of business... eff them.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only changes they should make to the helmet are:

1. White or Brown Facemask

2. Stripes that match the stripes on the new uniforms.

3. Slightly different finish. I'd like to see matte, but that won't happen.]

The owner of the team already said the helmet isn't going to change.

This isn't good news, I think the Browns have one of the top looks in the league. The only changes I'd currently make would be going back to a white facemask and wearing orange pants on the road. I'm not crazy about the logoless helmets, but that's probably not going to change at this point.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think Nike will get too modern with the Browns, I'm expecting something more like what they did with the Vikings - a contemporary spin on classic elements.

I am not sure where Nike will get the inspiration from unless the use the elf or Paul Browns hat

What about the bull dog?

I think you can expand the source of a new logo idea. I did this over a year ago, and tried to keep it as "traditionally" Browns as I could.

Richards_Browns-Merch2.jpg

I don't think Nike will get too modern with the Browns, I'm expecting something more like what they did with the Vikings - a contemporary spin on classic elements.

I am not sure where Nike will get the inspiration from unless the use the elf or Paul Browns hat

What about the bull dog?

I think you can expand the source of a new logo idea. I did this over a year ago, and tried to keep it as "traditionally" Browns as I could.

Richards_Browns-Merch2.jpg

Wouldn't mind them going with that.

Depends though...what we may see as a change here (chrome / matte helmet) might be overlooked by the common fan and not considered a big change.

If the Browns do anything to the helmet, matte would look nice. Vikings went that route. Would end up looking something like Bowling Green:

8100524.jpg

They go from gloss to matte, and most people ask "What changed?".

Hence the "should". But I think subtle changes are a possibility. The facemask has already changed colors once, so what is stopping it from changing again?

The words "cutting edge" make me worried. These are going to suck.

Have any of you other professional designers out there ever had a client ask for "cutting edge"? It's usually the key that the project is going to go terribly.

in my experience they are pointing to the latest trends, or want something that impresses them technically.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Have any of you other professional designers out there ever had a client ask for "cutting edge"? It's usually the key that the project is going to go terribly.

I try to design with a cutting edge to everything. That does not mean I give everyone an alarm clock "2" font. Teams need to be unique but not so outlandish that they get balked at by every one

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I try to design with a cutting edge to everything. That does not mean I give everyone an alarm clock "2" font. Teams need to be unique but not so outlandish that they get balked at by every one
Ya i feel like every client asks for cutting edge or something along those words, that doesn't mean make every team like the jaguars, you can still have cutting edge designs but make them classic as well like the vikings

Am I missing something, why do people keep talking about the helmet when:

“I will say there will be no change to the helmet,” owner Jimmy Haslam said exclusively to ESPN Cleveland.

It's Jimmy Haslam. Currently under federal investigation for defrauding customers at his trucking company....who just fired his entire front office staff who were supposed to be the future of the Browns, all after firing the coach he was sure was the best man for the job.

When he says "no change to helmet" I think it was more along the lines of, we aren't slapping a logo on the side, which was the rumor going around at the time of that quote. That doesn't mean they cant add chrome or matte without changing the basic orange helmet with brown and white stripes idea.

Frankly, not changing the helmet and then also going for a radical design in the rest of the uniform could be an even bigger mistake than changing the helmet. If they go ultra-modern striping on the jersey and pants with that super traditional helmet, it could be like the Arizona Cardinals' mess except even worse.

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion.

I don't like the Browns orange helmet. For a team that uses their helmet as the primary logo, the helmet needs to feature brown as the primary color. If they are going to be called the Browns and brown will be their primary color, then the logo needs to reflect that. Therefore, their helmet should be brown.

I agree with you... in fact, the faux-leather helmet that the Redskins wore with their throwbacks a couple years ago would be perfect for the Browns. But I doubt they'll ever switch from the orange helmet.

I say lose the helmet.... yes I said it

try something like this(the redskins 2012 alt helmets):

helm2.jpg

Hands off our helmet! :D

How about one with a faux dog fur pattern for Cleveland?

87Redskins.png

Am I missing something, why do people keep talking about the helmet when:

“I will say there will be no change to the helmet,” owner Jimmy Haslam said exclusively to ESPN Cleveland.

It's Jimmy Haslam. Currently under federal investigation for defrauding customers at his trucking company....who just fired his entire front office staff who were supposed to be the future of the Browns, all after firing the coach he was sure was the best man for the job.

When he says "no change to helmet" I think it was more along the lines of, we aren't slapping a logo on the side, which was the rumor going around at the time of that quote. That doesn't mean they cant add chrome or matte without changing the basic orange helmet with brown and white stripes idea.

First off whatever that guy says should be taken with a very high degree of skepticism. I actually feel really bad for browns fans that they are in this spot. Their new owner is not only an arrogant idiot that makes knee-jerk management decisions, that's just his football side. As a professional he's very likely a fraud and a crook.

I'd be really weary of a guy who was a vocal part owner of a rival franchise and all of a sudden he wants to divest himself to own his own franchise. To me this screams "I want to be part of the nfl old boys/owners club" or he's looking to flip the team for what he hopes to be huge profits a la red mccombs. Given this background, I have to think his spoken motivation and his actions should be highly scrutinized to say the least.

This guy makes art modell look like a saint and at this point browns fans do deserve better but I think the only thing that would get the league's attention would be a wholesale fan revolt at this point.

The Browns will put a "Flying J" logo on the helmet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We're ignoring history here.

In 1984 the Browns tried to give their uniforms a modern update and everyone in Cleveland threw a fit. One season later they were back in the regular uniforms.

1984_Cleveland.png

ozzie_newsome_1984_09_09.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

If we don't study history we're doomed to repeat it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why change a classic?

Well to be accurate, this team has only existed since 1999.

But, I agree, the UNIFORMS are classic. I don't want to see them changed much. MAYBE some metallic in the orange helmet and bring back orange pants, but don't change the design much. White face mask return too.

87Redskins.png

We're ignoring history here.

In 1984 the Browns tried to give their uniforms a modern update and everyone in Cleveland threw a fit. One season later they were back in the regular uniforms.

1984_Cleveland.png

ozzie_newsome_1984_09_09.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

If we don't study history we're doomed to repeat it.

Maybe. But it's a new day. Traditionalists are quieted by the $$ younger people will pay to have the latest gear. I hope it won't be the case, but recent history has proved otherwise.

Archived