New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Why change a classic?

Well to be accurate, this team has only existed since 1999.

But, I agree, the UNIFORMS are classic. I don't want to see them changed much. MAYBE some metallic in the orange helmet and bring back orange pants, but don't change the design much. White face mask return too.

Agreed, I wouldn't want to see a radical change for the Browns. And while the new Browns started in 1999, they choose their uniforms for a specific reason back then, because of the history those unis had in the city of Cleveland. There's no way the new Browns would have made a radical departure in 1999 from the old style.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're ignoring history here.

In 1984 the Browns tried to give their uniforms a modern update and everyone in Cleveland threw a fit. One season later they were back in the regular uniforms.

If we don't study history we're doomed to repeat it.

Maybe. But it's a new day. Traditionalists are quieted by the $$ younger people will pay to have the latest gear. I hope it won't be the case, but recent history has proved otherwise.

Nobody buys Browns stuff at this point. Literally every player that's topped the "jersey sales" mark for this franchise is gone within two years.

Richardson, Weeden, McCoy, Hillis, etc.

I don't think I'm too happy with this to be honest. There are some things they could do that I'd really like (Brownie the Elf logo update is my only wish really) but I'm afraid of what they might do. Should be interesting though I pray for the return of orange pants. That's by far and away our best look.

6fQjS3M.png

We're ignoring history here.

In 1984 the Browns tried to give their uniforms a modern update and everyone in Cleveland threw a fit. One season later they were back in the regular uniforms.

If we don't study history we're doomed to repeat it.

Maybe. But it's a new day. Traditionalists are quieted by the $$ younger people will pay to have the latest gear. I hope it won't be the case, but recent history has proved otherwise.

Nobody buys Browns stuff at this point. Literally every player that's topped the "jersey sales" mark for this franchise is gone within two years.

Well, that's probably why they are going for a change. It may be a "classic", but it's still a boring identity.

Well lets see... the Buccaneers are to a 1975 alarm clock is to the Browns to.... If Nike is in design with them, you might have monotype cursive type or font... maybe the ol' edgy paint stroke look... what is up Nike? Cant screw up enough jerseys and team identies?

I hope Nike goes out of business... eff them.

Ooh, I did well on my SATs... I think it's Buccaneers:1975 digital alarm clock is as Cleveland Browns:dot matrix printer

MKS9t.gif

Jimmy Haslam brought back the elf mascot last season. I think there is a very good chance they stick with it for the rebrand.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-3.45.15-PM.png

it's impossible to take this team seriously. the only thing they have that makes you even slightly identify them as a respectable NFL franchise is the uniform.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Jimmy Haslam brought back the elf mascot last season. I think there is a very good chance they stick with it for the rebrand.

It's good to see that the extras from those Rankin-Bass Middle Earth cartoons have found outside employment.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's good to see that the extras from those Rankin-Bass Middle Earth cartoons have found outside employment.

The elf is much better than this guy, who is a yellow shirt away from being mistaken for Woody from Toy Story.

Dallas_cowboys_rowdy.JPG

Toy-Story-Character-font-b-Cowboy-b-font

I love this shot:

usatsi_7642703_221200_lowres1.jpg

It reminds me of this one:

Tony+Romo+crying.jpg

87Redskins.png

I think the most popular vote for change is the white facemask and orange pants idea. Ill tell you why i hate it

It looks like a college team. When you start putting bright colors at the top of the color hierarchy you add youthfulness and energy to the uniform and the white mask contrast adds to it. It looks like something that would be appropiate for Clemson or even Bowling Green. It looks nothing like a Pro uniform to me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the most popular vote for change is the white facemask and orange pants idea. Ill tell you why i hate it

It looks like a college team. When you start putting bright colors at the top of the color hierarchy you add youthfulness and energy to the uniform and the white mask contrast adds to it. It looks like something that would be appropiate for Clemson or even Bowling Green. It looks nothing like a Pro uniform to me

Yeah, those are good points. The orange pants/white mask look, to me, basically describes the optimal Fighting Illini look. I wouldn't mind orange pants as a once or twice a year change up, mostly on the road same as a pair of brown pants that actually match (stripes, dammit). But the orange helmet over brown jersey over white pants is an NFL classic. And the gray mask was such an obvious improvement over the loud white mask keeping it would be a must.

Yeah, those are good points. The orange pants/white mask look, to me, basically describes the optimal Fighting Illini look. I wouldn't mind orange pants as a once or twice a year change up, mostly on the road same as a pair of brown pants that actually match (stripes, dammit). But the orange helmet over brown jersey over white pants is an NFL classic. And the gray mask was such an obvious improvement over the loud white mask keeping it would be a must.

Please no brown pants, i probably hate those more than I should but they just look so disgusting to me

I don't know who said it, but the white shirt on white pants got to go. White shirt over brown pants (with the three side stripe) would look great. For the life of me, I can't figure out what people are looking at when they say the white face mask is better than the gray. The white face mask sticks out like a sore thumb. It just looks bad. Look across the NFL, the teams with neutral color face masks or darker face masks look better than teams like the patriots or white face mask browns. I get the reasoning for design and color consistency, but sometimes you have to scrap the rules and go by what just looks better... And without question, the gray face mask looks better than white.

As most people have pointed out, the whole "cutting edge" and "link to the past" lines really worry me. I believe both the Tampa Bay and Jacksonville rebrands said the same thing... And there is nothing close about past linking in those.

I wouldn't mind seeing a matte helme shell with a gloss stripe. I really liked that contrast on the Purdue uniforms this year. Custom number font is all but guaranteed. Hopefully Nike can develop a real word mark, as well as some real, modern logos of both the elf and the bulldog.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived