New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Browns official team logo has always been this generic blank helmet template (which is an actual template for us concept designers), and they just recolored it...

21awkys.jpg

http://sportyviews.com/blank-football-helmet-template/

Which makes it even worse that all 32 teams can use your "logo".

I find it funny that nobody uses that template anymore, because it's such an outdated template.

No at one point they had an elf and a different helmet.

So the Browns official team logo has always been this generic blank helmet template (which is an actual template for us concept designers), and they just recolored it...

21awkys.jpg

21awkys.jpg

Here is the interview with Alec Scheiner giving some insight on the logos:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/how_the_cleveland_browns_spent.html

There is a clash of ideals here when he says he didn't want to change the helmet logo because it would be a "radical departure" but wants the uniforms to be "cutting edge." I also love how he embraces that they are the only team still using that template for a logo. That's not a good thing Alec.

Perhaps this has been mentioned, but why couldn't they use a helmet with a more modern mask for their logo? That facemask hasn't been worn in at least 20 years and it screams WLAF. This would have been an a much better option IMO....

browns_new.png

Because it looks bad. The old helmet might be outdated but it's what most people think of when they imagine a football helmet.

Also as someone pointed out helmets are so over designed for trademarks that the Browns would probably have to license the use.

Someone else said it above and I wondered it aloud a couple of pages ago, why not just use a LOGO of an old vintage style helmet and not an ILLUSTRATION of one. All of the concepts I saw that did that looked pretty good and matched the classic imagery they're going for by using their helmet as a logo.

Perhaps this has been mentioned, but why couldn't they use a helmet with a more modern mask for their logo? That facemask hasn't been worn in at least 20 years and it screams WLAF. This would have been an a much better option IMO....

browns_new.png

Because that helmet is identifiable as a specific helmet from a specific manufacturer. The generic template they use is outdated, but unowned by any one else.

browns_new.png

Because its not a more classic look.

browns_new.png

Because that helmet is identifiable as a specific helmet from a specific manufacturer. The generic template they use is outdated, but unowned by any one else.

I never thought of that....good point.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

The idea of a helmet for a logo could work. It's not the idea itself that's bad, it's what they used to execute it.

Some design base that's unique to them alone, up-to-date with today's style of branding...that could work. I don't know how many times this concept has been brought up, but it fixes everything just about right...

253b7dfe870c5f290a7751568d4cd241.jpg

browns_new.png

Because its not a more classic look.

I hear you, but I wouldn't consider the model they are using a classic. It fit the years 1987-1992, and that's about it.

As others a few other pointed out, it seems to be more about being trademark free and model neutral.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

So based on the new font, can we guess what the numbers will look like? I'm guessing the same font LSU and Ole Miss use on their football jerseys.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived