New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
e240217.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I am not a browns fan and I appreciate they generally seem to like their traditional look but I am glad they are making a change. I think they could do some really interesting things with their color scheme. I know they said "cutting edge". That can mean many different things, good or bad depending on your perspective. I doubt they will go nuts given browns conservative tradition but I am looking forward to a change. I like traditional uniforms like packers and Steelers but browns are just too bland.

The fact that the uniforms will be "cutting edge" would be considered news to some people though.

"Cutting edge" is just saying that they're getting the full Nike treatment. Every new Nike uniform that comes out is "cutting edge" in all the press releases and talk from the teams.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

A franchise of mediocrity with mediocre uniforms could certainly stand to explore new ideas. But count me out if they're going the way of the 'Hawks/Jags/Bucs.

Would they have the cohones to go with something like that? And could it possibly look good or decent?

The fact that the uniforms will be "cutting edge" would be considered news to some people though.

"Cutting edge" is just saying that they're getting the full Nike treatment. Every new Nike uniform that comes out is "cutting edge" in all the press releases and talk from the teams.

I'm willing to bet they will honor the browns' rich tradition and synergize it with a cutting edge design that looks toward the future.

yeah, then some crazy uni :censored: follows. I don't see them just going w/ orange pants as cutting edge or changing the amount of sleeve stripes or placement of them(like move them to where the jets stripes are) as cutting edge. I see a bucs, jags, vikings type uni coming.

I can see the Browns going the Vikings route moreso than the Bucs/Jags route. A mix of modern and classic elements. Now, I'm not sure how you can visualize a new look given how long they've had what they've had, because I sure can't come up with a design in my head.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

This was said in an ESPN article back in May 2013: “I will say there will be no change to the helmet,” owner Jimmy Haslam said exclusively to ESPN Cleveland. “But we will look at everything else. We may change a lot. We may change a little.”

Since it's such a simple helmet, I have a feeling the redesign will be rather conservative, like Miami and Minnesota. Though if that's the case, I'm not sure what "cutting edge" is supposed to mean... it just screams Jacksonville and Tampa Bay to me and I don't see Cleveland going that route.

When worn correctly, the Browns uniforms are every bit as iconic as the Bears, Packers, Raiders, etc. By "when worn correctly", I mean like this:

suqeda5e.jpgjeff-garcia.jpg

The uni on the right, with the white facemask and the orange pants, is about as close to perfect as you can get with the Browns.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived