New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I guarantee they don't think they made a mistake yet. If they did, they would have just cancelled or delayed the project before the final sign off. They won't thijk it's a mistake until after they unveil them (unless they actually are good.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee they don't think they made a mistake yet. If they did, they would have just cancelled or delayed the project before the final sign off. They won't thijk it's a mistake until after they unveil them (unless they actually are good.)

I disagree. There is now a track record with the Nike Redesigns.

• Vikings: A
  • Miami: A-/B+
  • Seattle: B
  • Jacksonville: D+/D
  • Tampa Bay: D+/D

I think they can look at what Nike has come up with, and place the new uniforms somewhere comparable. They can look at the mock ups and think "ok... we have a custom font, it has a little flair, but nothing crazy like the Buccaneers. We have the addition of a non-traditional color, but its not overbearing, good. Our shoulder/stripe pattern is completely non-traditional and nothing similar in the NFL, not so good of a choice considering our fan base."

Agreed with the two posts above...there's no way they went through this process and signed off on everything, then one day in January, prior to any unveiling, thought "The decisions we made were terrible". You'd have to think the organization thinks the new uniforms are pretty sweet. .

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I disagree. There is now a track record with the Nike Redesigns.

• Vikings: A
  • Miami: A-/B+
  • Seattle: B
  • Jacksonville: D+/D
  • Tampa Bay: D+/D

I think they can look at what Nike has come up with, and place the new uniforms somewhere comparable. They can look at the mock ups and think "ok... we have a custom font, it has a little flair, but nothing crazy like the Buccaneers. We have the addition of a non-traditional color, but its not overbearing, good. Our shoulder/stripe pattern is completely non-traditional and nothing similar in the NFL, not so good of a choice considering our fan base."

I would have the grades more like this unless you are grading on a curve. If you graded on a curve all of these would get bumped up I guess a grade.

• Vikings: B To many mistakes to be a great grade
  • Miami: D The reduction of Orange alone brings this way down
  • Seattle: C To many inconsistencies
  • Jacksonville: F Nothing I would keep on the whole uniform
  • Tampa Bay: F Same goes for this one

I'll throw my $.02 in here with my Nike grades....

Vikings: B...much better than the previous set but the numbers are terrible

Dolphins: B-...I miss the old logo but for some reason I love the new aqua.

Seahawks: C+...I don't like them being predominantly navy and it is by far their worst uniform in franchise history. However, it has grown on me a bit. Maybe a little bias has crept in.

Jags: E...for effort? The helmet is atrocious. The uniforms are forgettable.

Bucs: F...Honestly, what were they thinking? The oversized logo on the helmet? The awful numbers? All huge downgrades.

So...my prediction for the Browns is not good. I feel they may keep the classic logo-less helmet intact. I'm very afraid of what will be done to the uniform though.

I doubt it, but I wonder if it's possible these new uniforms will be on the new Nike template that the college teams wore in the playoff, or do they stay consistent with the previous one.

This is what I'm hoping for. The Mach Speed looks great and the sweat stains are on the sides instead of the front and belly. If tehy roll out a word mark on the front though they'll probably stick to the Elite 51's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's gonna really peeve me off when the Browns' new set isn't quite as big of a trainwreck as the Jaguars or Buccaneers (I think Nike will make the ugliness a little subtler for a traditional team) and people give it a free pass because of that.

That's a good point, and I actually don't hate the Nike redesigns as much as others. All but the buccaneers were upgrades IMO. But a good point in that there's a chance these come out somewhat like the Dolphins design (nothing to crazy, pretty simple uniform with a unique number type, etc) and they get rave reviews because they don't suck to the level that some think the recent designs do.

I think, because of the team and the fact they're the only ones getting new sets this year, this has a chance to immediately be everyone's favorite Nike set or least favorite set with little middle ground.

It's gonna really peeve me off when the Browns' new set isn't quite as big of a trainwreck as the Jaguars or Buccaneers (I think Nike will make the ugliness a little subtler for a traditional team) and people give it a free pass because of that.

Why don't you wait until it's actually unveiled before judging people's responses.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd actually prefer they keep the E51 anyway, to me it just looks better aesthetically.

Nike did change the template for the Pro Bowl Uniforms - it was the :"armpit spike" template. I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the template this year.

I'd actually prefer they keep the E51 anyway, to me it just looks better aesthetically.

Nike did change the template for the Pro Bowl Uniforms - it was the :"armpit spike" template. I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the template this year.

It's still the Elite 51 template, they just recolored that one area. I really like the Mach Speed better though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They were just paying homage to the Jaws of the Husky Stadium & tusks of the Razorbacks! However the Nike spill on this one is that the "spikes" represent the pro bowl players coming together as one team the spikes are pointing inward to show the heart of an All-Pro!

Call me crazy but this Brown doesn't look bad! Just needs some brown in place of the gray.

temp0126_2015-pro-bowl-redskins18--nfl_m

My first thought when I saw those Pro Bowl uniforms was "there's the Browns new look. " The Browns going with something similar wouldn't be good by any measure, but if my choices are that or something like Tampa Bay's disaster, I'll take the Pro Bowl look.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived