The Creamers & The Concepts Hall of Fame

drdougfresh

A big thank you to the award's namesake for pinning this for us. It appears that no one lords over concepts as a mod anymore :) (and Gary for sending Chris a message on FB for us).

We're shooting for a 4/1 announcement of nominees, pending the panel's schedules. We've got nearly 50 pages of concepts threads to sift through, so it will take some time to gather a list.

A big thank you to the award's namesake for pinning this for us. It appears that no one lords over concepts as a mod anymore :) (and Gary for sending Chris a message on FB for us).

Looks like it's high time that a new mod or two were named for the concepts then, don't ya think?

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

Looks like it's high time that a new mod or two were named for the concepts then, don't ya think?

Here here. Coincidentally, I think the panel of judges for the Creamers would be the best candidates for mod-hood.

Here here. Coincidentally, I think the panel of judges for the Creamers would be the best candidates for mod-hood.

I was thinking the same thing.

gYH2mW9.png

My only thing is that it seems series' are getting preferenced over single concepts. I'm in no way taking away from those chosen because they are definitely some of the most deserving. But there are guys, like Buc and BrandMooreArt who put out awesome pieces of work, just not always in a series. I just hope they don't get overlooked.

I thought Buc's Airline Football League (AFL) was an amazing series, worthy of inclusion in the HoF. Thoroughly researched and presented, strong back stories, and killer concepts.

• Like 1

I can haz sig?

This is an AWESOME idea. Thank you to the committee for the hours put in to recognizing talent on these fourms. This was, at one point, an amazing place for creative concepts and I'm really happy to see that people are willing to put in the time to re-energize the Concepts section which, I think, is the most fun and unique aspect of CCSLC. I haven't logged into this account in months but this was plenty to make me say 'thank you' to all of you for your efforts in making the concept section a place to be again!

Great idea guys! I'm not gonna lie - i kinda gave up hope on the concepts board for a while...Hopefully this will encourage some more growth within the section. Seeing posters grow and mature as designers and getting true feedback on somehting you put time into in the concepts section is pretty rewarding, so hopefully we'll see more and more of it - with this as an incentive. Good stuff, gents

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

My only thing is that it seems series' are getting preferenced over single concepts. I'm in no way taking away from those chosen because they are definitely some of the most deserving. But there are guys, like Buc and BrandMooreArt who put out awesome pieces of work, just not always in a series. I just hope they don't get overlooked.

I thought Buc's Airline Football League (AFL) was an amazing series, worthy of inclusion in the HoF. Thoroughly researched and presented, strong back stories, and killer concepts.

YES. That was a fun series and pretty educational as well. I had completely forgotten about it.

• Like 1

MegatronSig2.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to recall that dgnmrwrw did an outstanding concept with defunct NHL teams about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't think the images are there anymore though. Can't PM him to see if he still has the images somewhere else.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...