Possible new logo set for Arkansas Razorbacks...?

RoughRiders99

Nike is their outfitter now? Who was it prior? Addidas?

Also, their current logo set was created by Phoenix Design Works not so long ago and is a decent set, but not too edgy. I can't imagine what Nike has in store.

Arkansas has been with Nike for four years now.

What logo set are you talking about? Since Jeff Long has been AD we've dropped all of our other "Razorback" logos except for the primary running Hog that you see on our helmets. That one is going nowhere and will still be our primary logo.

Also this revamp from Nike is for brand consistency according to one of our Associate AD's. Our different programs use different shades of red and different fonts for example. They're standardizing it all and apparently giving us a terrible secondary logo like they did UGA. The color they are moving everything towards is the color of red on our current football uniforms.

Also, we've known the football team was getting new uniforms in April but apparently many of the other programs will be getting them as well.

Is this a new or old image? I saw it for the first time yesterday but am not very familiar with the logo history of UA:

14.png

I'm pretty sure this was part of the work that Phoenix Design Works did for them a while back. Not sure I've ever seen it in use, but it was part of a post on Phoenix's blog back in 2011 (upper right) so it's definitely not new.

bowlgames.png?w=640&h=1354

Is this a new or old image? I saw it for the first time yesterday but am not very familiar with the logo history of UA:

14.png

That looks like what we have on the Broyles Center windows. It's where the players come out from before the game. Otherwise, I've never seen that used before.

And yes, most of our fans think the pig snout is terrible.

IMG_5040.JPG

This seems like a "fixing what's not broken" situation. The only gripe I've had with Arkansas' logo set is that I want them to choose whether they want to use the versions of the logo with black trim or the versions without the black trim. It was especially noticeable in their last set where the helmets used the traditional red and white only version, while the jerseys had the black trimmed version.

19W1XiS.jpg

This seems like a "fixing what's not broken" situation. The only gripe I've had with Arkansas' logo set is that I want them to choose whether they want to use the versions of the logo with black trim or the versions without the black trim. It was especially noticeable in their last set where the helmets used the traditional red and white only version, while the jerseys had the black trimmed version.

19W1XiS.jpg

I don't think the helmets have ever used the black-trimmed version, have they?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I am excited to see what improvements they make. It's a good logo, but I think if Arksasas wants to compete in the SEC, they need to have a more powerful logo. While I hope the logo isn't a downright modern mess,I hope it is appeasing to the eye and can easily identify Arkansas.

To be fair, I think this is the best time for them to make the change. Arkansas hasn't been relevant since Ryan Mallett was the QB. Speaking of which, how did that guy never make it in the NFL? Patriots drafting him really killed his future. Surprised no team has made an offer for him.

Arkansas hasn't been relevant since Ryan Mallett was the QB. Speaking of which, how did that guy never make it in the NFL? Patriots drafting him really killed his future. Surprised no team has made an offer for him.

Maybe the Pats are doing what they did with Brady. Having Ryan watch under a future HOF, similar to Brady under Bledsoe.

I am excited to see what improvements they make. It's a good logo, but I think if Arksasas wants to compete in the SEC, they need to have a more powerful logo. While I hope the logo isn't a downright modern mess,I hope it is appeasing to the eye and can easily identify Arkansas.

To be fair, I think this is the best time for them to make the change. Arkansas hasn't been relevant since Ryan Mallett was the QB. Speaking of which, how did that guy never make it in the NFL? Patriots drafting him really killed his future. Surprised no team has made an offer for him.

We aren't changing our primary logo. No one in our AD would be dumb enough to mess with that one. They would be run right out of town.

They are only adding a secondary logo it seems while standardizing the font and jersey color across all sports.

Also, in response to the earlier post about that Phoenix logo, I forgot that it is also used in our IPF.

JZZODNTUQBAPSQM.20110329220129.jpg

Hmmm I would disagree 1000000%. The logo determines how successful the entire athletics program will be? And Arkansas already has a "powerful" logo that's easily identifiable with the school. No other school has a logo like it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived