In this thread, we've seen all the permutations of the Milwaukee Bucks' classic looks. From the traditional look of the championship era to the Irish Rainbow, the Bucks never really had a bad look. After hearing about old Bucks players trying to buy the team from Herb Kohl before the team packs up for Kansas City or Seattle, I thought it was time to show off a new direction the team could take their look that not only pays tribute to the 70's/80's, but also cleans up that look for modern standards (much like the Utah Jazz/Washington Wizards redesigns in recent years). Like my Sonics update, this is a preview for an upcoming concept series, a sense of the general direction in which the series will go (rooting the NBA in between the 70's/80's aesthetic and the zaniness of the 90's to produce an NBA that looks far less homogeneous than it does now).

Logo Sheet:

12706597835_0482f14d55_b.jpg

The primary and secondary logos are Ren69's gorgeous updates of the original Bango art, the font is from that original logo, and the tertiary/insignia shows off the new Irish Rainbow pattern, which replaces white with lime.

Court:

12706578774_01ed0ed372_b.jpg

Essentially, it's an update of the classic Mecca Arena court, with the angled patterns and the "Milwaukee" markers in the baseline. Of course, Bango is now at the center of the court, and the updated Irish Rainbow pattern has been implanted in the keys.

Standard Uniforms:

12960845204_573ae5a01b_c.jpg

12960845234_a10ac9c055_c.jpg

Basically, these merge the second Irish Rainbow set with the third one. It uses the script, panel layout, v-neck, and number font of the second set of Irish Raibows, while it has the mixed hem, arm, and collar piping of the third set. The number font is also the proper Sand-Knit varsity font (as still used by the Celtics and Spurs), referencing the team's past with Milwaukee-based Sand-Knit and avoiding the anemic Knicks-style varsity block that the Sixers and Jazz adopted (Would it kill them to use outlines?). The color balance on the home uniform has also changed, reflecting more the third Irish Rainbow uniforms and the modern look. Of course, this means the colors are flipped on the road. The standing Bango has also been added to the shorts.

Alternates:

12960413395_7af3ac6615_c.jpg

12707072894_84aa5193fa_c.jpg

The alternates are simple enough. The red alt is an attempt to recreate the current red alt, albeit on the new template and in the old lettering/number font, and the green alt is a throwback to this road uniform (with Ren69 providing the shorts logo). C+C is more than appreciated.

I like 'em, but the Irish Rainbow set already used lime - it had 3 shades of green, forest, kelly & lime. I think it does need a little white in there, to keep the green from overpowering everything.

Really nice! And here are my thoughts:

Rainbow. I too would like to see a more clear rainbow effect, light to dark, 4 color striping sequence. Maybe try different thicknesses too, like the jersey below and a page from Ripon Athletic/Sand-Knit's current catalog.

Floor. Sitting Bango (maybe without lettering) instead of secondary Bango (my preference, the original buck logo :) ). White MILWAUKEE outlined in red.

Home. Sitting Bango on shorts.

Road. Sitting Bango. Invert red and white color on neck, armhole, leg ends, lettering and numbers.

Alternate. Standing Bango looks fine here.

Throwback. I think the original buck logo disappeared before this set and the mother ship is inaccurate.

These were just off the top of my head, some may work, some may not. Thank you for all the hard work and time you put into creating these, fantastic presentation!

63423e_lg.jpeg

Basketball-33ashx_zps3017cf7c.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

In this thread, we've seen all the permutations of the Milwaukee Bucks' classic looks. From the traditional look of the championship era to the Irish Rainbow, the Bucks never really had a bad look. After hearing about old Bucks players trying to buy the team from Herb Kohl before the team packs up for Kansas City or Seattle, I thought it was time to show off a new direction the team could take their look that not only pays tribute to the 70's/80's, but also cleans up that look for modern standards (much like the Utah Jazz/Washington Wizards redesigns in recent years). Like my Sonics update, this is a preview for an upcoming concept series, a sense of the general direction in which the series will go (rooting the NBA in between the 70's/80's aesthetic and the zaniness of the 90's to produce an NBA that looks far less homogeneous than it does now).

Logo Sheet:

12706597835_0482f14d55_b.jpg

The primary and secondary logos are Ren69's gorgeous updates of the original Bango art, the font is from that original logo, and the tertiary/insignia shows off the new Irish Rainbow pattern, which replaces white with lime.

Court:

12706578774_01ed0ed372_b.jpg

Essentially, it's an update of the classic Mecca Arena court, with the angled patterns and the "Milwaukee" markers in the baseline. Of course, Bango is now at the center of the court, and the updated Irish Rainbow pattern has been implanted in the keys.

Standard Uniforms:

12960845204_573ae5a01b_c.jpg

12960845234_a10ac9c055_c.jpg

Basically, these merge the second Irish Rainbow set with the third one. It uses the script, panel layout, v-neck, and number font of the second set of Irish Raibows, while it has the mixed hem, arm, and collar piping of the third set. The number font is also the proper Sand-Knit varsity font (as still used by the Celtics and Spurs), referencing the team's past with Milwaukee-based Sand-Knit and avoiding the anemic Knicks-style varsity block that the Sixers and Jazz adopted (Would it kill them to use outlines?). The color balance on the home uniform has also changed, reflecting more the third Irish Rainbow uniforms and the modern look. Of course, this means the colors are flipped on the road. The standing Bango has also been added to the shorts.

Alternates:

12960413395_7af3ac6615_c.jpg

The alternates are simple enough. The red alt is an attempt to recreate the current red alt, albeit on the new template and in the old lettering/number font, and the green alt is a throwback to this road uniform (with Ren69 providing the shorts logo). C+C is more than appreciated.

Heck of a job! Stunning! However, I'm not a fan of the red. I personally would love to see a version like the late 80s and early 90s where it was just the irish rainbow and white without the red.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

These would look perfect without the RED. .maybe use brown from the Bucks logo.. the irish rainbow with the lime green& forest green look is just soo nice.

Even the "Milwaukee" alt could be light green with irish rainbow. Sure it could look like Boston but not many green teams in the league.

shado_logo.gif

I think the red needs to either be kept to a minimum, or changed to the lime green that the Bucks wore in the late 80s. Other than that, these are pretty good!

I'd rather see a red key for the court design than a striped one, you lose the white lines within the stripes, plus it's more in keeping with the team's overarching color scheme. Nothing I can offer in the way of critique on the uniforms to make them better, you absolutely nailed those. Great work!

QPR%20Sig.png

Thanks for the C+C. I'm sorry, but I'm keeping the red. I've always liked the green/red color scheme (like the Minnesota Wild), and the double green always felt like a little much (green/purple will be used in my series, but for a mystery team). I've updated the road uniform to better match the color balance of the home uniform (and to shift red towards "accent" status), and I've redone the court to better reflect the primary logo, maintain color balance with the rest of the set, and to add a little more red to the floor, while the Irish Rainbow stays in the baselines (thank you Pepman33 for the idea). Also, I've provided a lime alt, just for fun:

12985921013_6e751fc974_c.jpg

12990837774_985b46d0a4_c.jpg

12985784835_65dcd94ba6_b.jpg

C+C is appreciated.

Wow, very impressive! Love Bango sitting on BUCKS (in home jersey colors, very nice touch) and the red keys too (just like Indiana's MECCA floor). The road uniform lettering and numbers really pop now! I want that shirt. I like the rainbow stripes on the baselines but how would the floor look with 2 or 4 stripes to match the uniforms?

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Wow, very impressive! Love Bango sitting on BUCKS (in home jersey colors, very nice touch) and the red keys too (just like Indiana's MECCA floor). The road uniform lettering and numbers really pop now! I want that shirt. I like the rainbow stripes on the baselines but how would the floor look with 2 or 4 stripes to match the uniforms?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this assessment. The multitude of stripes almost seems like overkill, you could accomplish the same thing if you had stripes at the end lines and at center court, eliminating the four other sets of stripes you have. It still looks very impressive overall, and I like the tweak you made to the road jerseys.

QPR%20Sig.png

I think if you're using the Irish Rainbow design, you need to keep the old style, with the varying widths. Having all the stripes the same width doesn't look half as good - like an old Spectrum loading screen...

Thanks guys. After looking at Ripon's uniform builder, I determined how to do the Irish Rainbow striping properly, and I toned down the striping on the court. Now, here is the complete revised set (the throwback remains the same)!

FINAL EDIT:

Logo Sheet:

12985784915_2b96fcf81d_b.jpg

The primary and secondary logos are Ren69's gorgeous updates of the original Bango art, the font is from that original logo, and the tertiary/insignia shows off the new Irish Rainbow pattern, which replaces the white stripe with a lime one.

Court:

13062911444_f81e4e9ace_b.jpg

Essentially, it's an update of the classic Mecca Arena court, with the angled patterns and the "Milwaukee" markers in the baseline. Of course, Bango is now at the center of the court, and the updated Irish Rainbow pattern has been implanted in the baseline, like the powder blue outline on the Mecca Arena court.

Standard Uniforms:

12997086845_d2ceaf4ef4_c.jpg

12997086525_16997c0ec0_c.jpg

Basically, these merge the second Irish Rainbow set with the third one. It uses the script, panel layout, v-neck, and number font of the second set of Irish Raibows, while it has the mixed hem, arm, and collar piping of the third set. The number font is also the proper Sand-Knit varsity font (as still used by the Celtics and Spurs), referencing the team's past with Milwaukee-based Sand-Knit and avoiding the anemic Knicks-style varsity block that the Sixers andJazz adopted (Would it kill them to use outlines?). The color balance has also changed, reflecting more the third Irish Rainbow uniforms and the modern look. The standing Bango has also been added to the shorts.

Alternates:

12997086885_00832e1267_c.jpg

12997086645_4be5ef5dc6_c.jpg

The alternates are simple enough. The red alt is an attempt to recreate the current red alt, albeit on the new template and in the old lettering/number font, the green alt is a throwback to this road uniform (with Ren69 providing the shorts logo), and the lime alt is a special occasions alt, like for St. Patrick's Day.

Court originally paired with this update:

12997482424_cccee7eced_b.jpg

C+C is very much appreciated.

I'm liking the clean update. What's happening though is that when I look at the floor my eyes gravitate toward the end lines. Perhaps Bango is too small or having red keys and MILWAUKEE with stripes is too visually strong and influencing the effect. I look at the Bucks current floor and my eyes go straight to the center circle buck logo, same with Indiana's MECCA. Maybe using dark to lighter colors on base lines starting from both end lines to halfcourt will help the effect it's having now. Just some thoughts:

robertindianameccafloor_fullsize_story1.

Archived