Adidas's "Made in March" System

Gotta love marketing speak: "To evoke team unity and spirit, Made in March uniforms feature the Wolverines team name across the chest".

1939929_622594481122992_429014521_n.jpg

Looks as if they're mainly just trying to show off Adidas tech, literally highlighting some of it with maize.

Press release here.

EDIT:

Rest of the uniforms here.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "Sic 'Em Bears" thing is the stupidest thing I've seen on a jersey since sleeves. Why would you put a slogan on the front of the jersey? The front of the jersey is either reserved for the city name, school name, or nickname. Not a stupid slogan. The design itself isn't bad though, except for all the teams having the same....

spacer.png

Anything is better than the awful camo bullcrap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Adidas has outdone themselves on this one. Does anybody at Baylor even care anymore(or the other schools for that matter)? I feel like whatever adidas throws at them, they just take a quick glance and say "yeah, sure". Also, nothing says "team unity" like every team looking exactly alike. Absolutely no creative ideas have ever been displayed on an adidas basketball uniform. The only good thing I see here is it appears the Huskers uniform is plain red & white, no black.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Just saw the Michigan update on my fb.... didn't bother clicking the link, I automatically came here to get the info.

CCSLC FTW!

That's how I first saw it too, except I searched for it here and didn't so any thread so I just made one. I can get why nobody would be really excited for these horrible sets, but at least they should be controversial enough.

I want to hate Baylor's uniforms...but for some reason...I kinda like them.

Also: I'm putting this in writing now: I bet next year's NBA Christmas uniforms have the team "chant" on the front. ex: "Thunder Up" for OKC.

And I could definitely see Adidas trying to start a trend like this, sort of in response to Nike's back number sweatboxes.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I want to hate Baylor's uniforms...but for some reason...I kinda like them.

Also: I'm putting this in writing now: I bet next year's NBA Christmas uniforms have the team "chant" on the front. ex: "Thunder Up" for OKC.

That would be an interesting exercise to say the least. They'd really have to stretch to find chants for some teams though.

They're really not awful, but for the love of god, where is the variation? My biggest beef with adidas is their template-y BS. It's uncreative, it's lazy. There needs to more of a difference from team to team than colors and fonts.

That "Sic 'Em Bears" thing is the stupidest thing I've seen on a jersey since sleeves. Why would you put a slogan on the front of the jersey?

In fairness, while I think this is yet another Adidas disaster, slogans on the jersey have been done before at the college level:

1977.jpg

KuS8FwD.jpg ("Beat Army")

DaSvlC9.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

First off, I'll say most of these are a ton better than than the camo crap from last year. I actually think the ones in this set without sleeves all look pretty good. The sleeved ones are still crap, and frankly the Baylor one makes me want to vomit. Is olive green a school color down there now? Even without this monstrosity, I think Baylor has had one of the worst looks in college basketball the last few years.

Where the hell is Sic 'Em? Yee-haw, Yippi-ki-yi-yay? :D Seriously, probably would've been better served somewhere less...in your face, for lack of a better term, like the shorts, or over the back number or something.

Most of the joking aside...I like Wisconsin's. I kinda like Michigan's...speaking of them, this is literally the first Mich jersey I've ever seen that read Wolverines instead of Michigan or M. Wish ND hoops would quit wearing black already.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Where the hell is Sic 'Em? Yee-haw, Yippi-ki-yi-yay? :D Seriously, probably would've been better served somewhere less...in your face, for lack of a better term, like the shorts, or over the back number or something.

Most of the joking aside...I like Wisconsin's. I kinda like Michigan's...speaking of them, this is literally the first Mich jersey I've ever seen that read Wolverines instead of Michigan or M. Wish ND hoops would quit wearing black already.

A jersey with "Yippi-ki-yi-yay Mother:censored:er " would be pretty sweet

just unsure who should wear em´

Archived