Before I get back to my regularly scheduled MLS Gridiron Sport swap, which went on hiatus due to the file getting corrupted, I do have one take on the Lakers' primary after going through the "Success Influences Logo" thread. The Lakers have a solid jersey wordmark and secondary, I just wondered what would happen if elements from both were combined.

PLIvCSw.png

This is much better. I still hate the Lakers logo, and any logo for that matter that is just a script in front of a Basketball. But I understand the Lakers logo has so much history its here to say. This is a much needed improvement.

Try making the 'L' solid and remove the stripes of yellow

If only 29texan.

So I went to Colorwerx and got the right shades as well as made another without the broken lines. The original was the result of Inkscape's tracing tool.

Ki357Tf.png

4RFkQgs.png

I like tje broken lines in the L actually. You could choose a thicker font and carry that throughout each letter

But thats not a big deal. I do suggest making the key stroke all the same thickness. Its thinner around the letters than the ball. And there are some kerning issues. Its a hard font to work with but i think you should try to get the serifs to not crash into each other. Its really odd because theres extra space around the R and the S dosent touch anything either. Just get those letters all cleaned up a bit

Here's one with adjusted kerning. Weird to do since I got this script from Wikipedia and traced it Inkscape's tools.

4jPS7UO.png?1

TA5x4w7.png