(now random) Alternate Helmet Series

STL_ArchMadness

Alright, so I'm an aspiring graphic designer. I don't really post much on this site, but I love all the concepts and unique designs. I've been working on this project for a while, and I'm finally going to start posting it. I still haven't decided if I will separate these by conference or not. I wanted to do full alternate jerseys also, but I don't really have time for that, and I decided this was a great way to get my designs in. C & C is well appreciated. But without further ado, here it goes:

SEC:

Ole Miss - Page 1

Alabama - Page 3

Auburn - Page 1

LSU - Page 2

Texas A&M - Page 3

Mississippi State - Page 3

Vanderbilt - Page 1

Mizzou - Page 3

Tennessee - Page 1

South Carolina - Page 2

Arkansas - Page 1

Florida - Page 3

Georgia - Page 3

Kentucky - Page 1 / update on page 2

Pac 12:

Oregon: Page 5 (chose color)

Stanford: page 4 / edit on page 5

Oregon State:

Washington: Page 5

Washington State:

Arizona: Page 5

UCLA:

Cal:

Colorado:

Utah:

Arizona State:

USC:

Ole Miss:

I felt like UM's "rebrand" this year was pretty boring. I understand the history of such an old school, but I didn't like the single color Jereys (by that I mean, a white jersey with red stripes, red numbers, red names, etc... with no blue) so I gave them an alternate helmet that would use all 3 of the school's colors well. I gave them a red helmet to go with their blue tops, but I used the alternate "M" logo, and I really like the outcome:

nzo9qf.png

striping - kdnbpj.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the grey stripe and facemask on the Ole Miss helmet, and I was iffy about it. I think it would look great with their old grey jerseys, but since they scrapped those, I'm just sticking to the original

Up next Vanderbilt:

I like Vandy's current helmets, so it was hard for me to make another one. I wasn't sure which logo to use, so I took one of their alternates that I have never seen, and I recreated it. I then used the "3d" look of the logo and made a stripe from it. Here's the result

j6rltk.png

Striping - 5b4rjb.png

For Ole Miss, I'd invert the red and navy. The navy helmets seem to complement all their uniform sets the best, while red helmets would only look good when there's red on the jersey. Also, like a previous poster said I'd make the facemasks gray to go with the traditional gray pants the Rebels wear.

I have absolutely no problems with Vanderbilt's helmet though. Good job on that one. I look forward to the rest of the series, with a particular eye on what you do with Kentucky and Mississippi State.

For Ole Miss, I'd invert the red and navy. The navy helmets seem to complement all their uniform sets the best, while red helmets would only look good when there's red on the jersey. Also, like a previous poster said I'd make the facemasks gray to go with the traditional gray pants the Rebels wear.

I have absolutely no problems with Vanderbilt's helmet though. Good job on that one. I look forward to the rest of the series, with a particular eye on what you do with Kentucky and Mississippi State.

Yeah i origianally planned on doing a navy helmet, but remember this is a series only for alternate helmets. So since 'Miss only has 1 helmet (navy) i thought i would change it up.

and

JoHyphenE:

i may go back and do a version like that, but i thought this was pretty unique, and I'm really striving to make each concept origianal

So if you guys haven't noticed yet, I am just unveiling these in random order. Next up…

Arkansas:

Arky's recent nike project is a controversial topic. Some hate it, but I like it. I love some apects of it, but their helmets could change. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but I just took their main red helmet, and "Super-sized" the Razorback logo. As always, hit me with your ideas..

6eetr5.png

Striping - 5v3rfd.png

And

Tennessee:

This is kind of a cliché helmet with Tennessee, but I don't see any point in changing this look. I just inverted the colors, and added the famous end zone checkerboard to the stripe

k3wzzp.png

Striping- 154arlg.png

What's wih the little flaming fart by the razorbacks tail?

that's the origianal Arkansas logo, any idea on what i could do to make it look not-so-flaming-farty?

sorry if you were joking... haha

I was joking haha just remove it and you'll be good

that's the origianal Arkansas logo, any idea on what i could do to make it look not-so-flaming-farty?

haha ok, i got it.

haha ok, i got it.
and instead of the stripe kind of ending awkwardly cut off, add a point to it

ok well i would really like some more feedback on these, but I'll continue posting them.

Auburn:

I used Auburn's secondary logo as inspiration for this, and i know a couple posters have done this before, so i am not claiming this as my idea. But i thought this was a great helmet for a team that is very traditional, but could use an alternate for 1 game a year

o10j0h.jpg

striping - a0ct1k.jpg

and

Kentucky:

It is really hard creating a helmet for a team that has already tried so much. But heres my best shot. this helmet would need it's own alternate jersey,but i don't think that is a problem for UK. I used their "wildcat" logo that they hardly ever use

2cqh8w2.png

striping - 2wcp30i.png

Archived