(now random) Alternate Helmet Series

STL_ArchMadness

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the stripes, but is there a reason to all of it?

not particularly, i just thought it would look cool. It was at first supposed to have sort of a Native American feel to it, but i didnt want it to be too detailed. And also i wanted something that would look modern and "sharp" that contrasted the old style block "U".

ya i thought about doing that. So ill be posting Arizona and Stanford on the realistic template (all helmets from now on will be on that template) and I'll try posting a new Pac-12 team tonight. Sorry but i have been really swamped with school, and I should have a lot of free time soon. thanks

Here is the realistic Stanford Helmet:

2vlof4m.jpg

and I couldn't get to Arizona tonight, but here is USC:

All I really did was change the facemask to yellow. But, as I was searching google for a USC logo, my eyes were drawn to this beautiful creation. I clicked on the link and it took me to these forums. It was made by the user @rentz , and I love it. I hope he is ok with me using it because I am in a hurry to post this so I can catch my flight. I think a modernization of the old Trojan logo would be good for the program.

here is @rentz thread

2469mhv.png

There are aome really cool things in this thread. USC, Auburn, Missou, and Stanford are my favorites. Keep it up!

thanks man!

but in the wait of a new Pac-12 team, here are 4 SEC teams i went back and re-did with the realistic template

Vanderbilt:

10ylybo.png

Alabama:

iqztkk.png

Tennessee:

122bu4m.png

Miss. State (Egg Bowl helmet):

21e2qet.png

Earlier you mentioned toying with the ucla helmet a little and i thought maybe you could try modeling one after their basketball unis, using yellow rather than the football team's gold and putting the arched UCLA script that they have on their basketball jerseys on the side. Just a thought.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

i tried the arched UCLA and it just didn't look right on the helmet. And i was gonna do the yellow look, but it again didn't feel right because their jerseys dont have any in them. It was a great idea though, heres what i cam up with.

a matte "UCLA" blue, with "brushed metal" gold facemask, and logo on the side

5z1ev4.png

I think it'd be cooler if you tried to tie in an aspect of every team's helmet. I'm not sure how exactly you'd do that without it looking like a rainbow threw up on the helmet, but just an idea.

1425175351-U10338.png

I think it'd be cooler if you tried to tie in an aspect of every team's helmet. I'm not sure how exactly you'd do that without it looking like a rainbow threw up on the helmet, but just an idea.

i actually that about doing it and was gonna, but too many teams just have a simple logo on there helmet

i actually that about doing it and was gonna, but too many teams just have a simple logo on there helmet

Maybe colours, or incorperate their logo?

1425175351-U10338.png

ok so i don't think i am going to finish the Pac-12 yet, i think I'm just going to release these randomly like i do on my Instagram page @football_concepts

here are 3 ones I've put on there and not on here

the newest member of the B1G, Maryland:

5eb9qb.png

Clemson:

w0q3i0.png

Iowa State:

js2j9s.png

hope you guys enjoy

Archived