State Wordmark Logos

hettinger_rl

Actually, the new Missouri one is this:

missouri.jpg

Argh. That's terrible.

"Enjoy the show?" You mean enjoy the state where I grew up becoming more and more of a circus sideshow?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Actually, the new Missouri one is this:

missouri.jpg

Argh. That's terrible.

"Enjoy the show?" You mean enjoy the state where I grew up becoming more and more of a circus sideshow?

We took a vacation to Branson last summer and as we drove through that area of the Ozarks I couldn't help but feel relieved that our Black Hills in SD hasn't gotten that cut up and commercialized.....yet. Don't get me wrong, we has a great time and there were beautiful areas, just my take.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I think that Utah's would look great on a basketball or baseball jersey.

srdp3kglxhpinhgcfoyhojiee.gif

BRING. THIS. BACK.

Please don't. Those are the most uninspired/generic uniforms in the history of the NBA.

Found this gem -- looks like some things have changed though. Funny to me that the AZ logo is kind of foreign to me -- I can't remember seeing that around anywhere.

That Arizona mark has been around awhile. I've seen it on commercials, ads, and travel brochures for more than a decade. Coincidentally... the Super Bowl 30 logo is pretty similar to the design that is above the Arizona wordmark.

If this was a tournament, Mississippi would be the overall #1 seed.

Agreed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really love south dakotas it is just so perfect for that state. classy, western, makes me think it would be the way it would be written in a letter from a frontiersman

I like it as well. Strangely, whenever I see it it makes me miss living there a little bit.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think bumping is ok on this side of the Forums? haha I hope so.

I was cleaning up the Mississippi wordmark - for my US License Plate Redesign, click here to see - since most of them were small and featured the old slanted "M". Here is my cleaned up vector version of it, it's 1400x470 so if anyone wants to use it, go ahead :)

13836028454_09f44f05ef_o.png

Unfortunately, I think most people view this as Florida's official wordmark:

walt-disney-world-logo-2013welcome-to-mi

Here's Wisconsin's current logo:

62e2a0f1-4979-45d4-858e-f0bc55347cc0.jpg

As a kid I always saw this logo:

great-place-layout.jpg?w=500

Unfortunately that's just for Milwaukee, not the whole state.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Montana's has changed since this, and it's rather bland. Basically, Helvetica Neue Light, all caps, tracked loosely. So, basically:

MONTANA

Only that's Arial and the tracking isn't loose. But you get the point.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Colorado rolled this new logo and wordmark a few years ago...

Colorado-new-logo.jpg

I like it. It's modern, welcoming, inviting, and representative of our state. Not sure if I like it more than the old 'C' that's on our flag.

Passenger.jpg

We also use a different font on our license plates. I also love the unique design.

Archived