Madden Fan Contest Deadline Extended

joshlooman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. Thanks for coming here as well. The contest has been a lot of fun and it's a privilege to get to talk to someone form EA.

Do you mind if we ask you a few questions about the contest?

There were a few things included in the package, a football field template and instructions for turning the design into a patch. How important is it to do these? Is it just the logos and uniforms?

Hey guys...just wanted to let you know that we're extending the contest deadline to Monday night for those of you that had issues submitting your concepts last week.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/uniform-design-contest

Good luck and keep up the great work!

If you can extend the contest so that people outside the US can enter that would be even better :)

Hey guys...just wanted to let you know that we're extending the contest deadline to Monday night for those of you that had issues submitting your concepts last week.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/uniform-design-contest

Good luck and keep up the great work!

If you can extend the contest so that people outside the US can enter that would be even better :)

It really would be...

No really...

It'd be great...

Thanks for the info. Thanks for coming here as well. The contest has been a lot of fun and it's a privilege to get to talk to someone form EA.

There were a few things included in the package, a football field template and instructions for turning the design into a patch. How important is it to do these? Is it just the logos and uniforms?

It's important. The other thing that is essential is to upload the correct file formats. We've received a ton of bitmaps that we cannot use.

I don't care what format the uniform designs are in. I just need the general idea if I'm going to add them to the game.

So if I'm reading this, you need the logos formatted 512 x 512 and with the name conventions .Can stuff be re-submitted?

What about the football fields?

I do stuff like this on a fairly regular basis but couldn't figure out what bearing they had on the contest. So I hadn't done any.

2m43x5j.jpg

One last question. I did a thread updating defunct NFL teams, the idea being What would these teams look like today. A lot of the design work was new, not based on what the teams had because the teams of the twenties didn't leave a lot of usable design elements.

Can any of it be used? Do I need to just use the original uniform designs and strip out the names? Or are all of them good seeing as how the teams no longer exist?

(thread is here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96654-updating-defunct-nfl-teams/#entry2150712 )

It's important. The other thing that is essential is to upload the correct file formats. We've received a ton of bitmaps that we cannot use.

I don't care what format the uniform designs are in. I just need the general idea if I'm going to add them to the game.

I wasn't able to get the patch-brushes to work with my copy of CS6. I can always resubmit my entries if there's a pack out there that works.

OK, this is where I have to apologize. I've been going through my submissions, trying to rework them. I have a copy of CS2 but it cannot do some of the things you are asking for. I tried including original sized transparent png copies of the logos so EA could make any need adjustments, but I'm not going to be able to do much of anything with the fabric parts and I'm not sure what your wanting on the alpha channels.

I feel like they would have gotten a lot more entries if they didn't ask for all the extra stuff to be done.

I'd imagine they could pick their favourite logos just by looking at them then their paid professional designers could add the fabric parts and do whatever was required with the alpha channels in about 10 seconds.

Also you'd definitely have gotten 1 extra entry if Australians were allowed to enter. I really support this kind of competition though, I hope you continue to do it into the future.

Guest darkpiranha

I'm still curious about one of the stipulations from the rules. It says that EA owns the rights to use all entries in this contest in perpetuity, not just the winners. Is that correct?

The reason I didn't bother to enter was due to the complicated requirements. Otherwise I would have likely submitted a few.

This. I don't see why we couldn't just send in vectors of the uniforms/field/logos — EA knows what they want and how they want it, it'd be a lot more efficient to just convert the handful of files they choose as winners.

I've noticed that the original announcement of the winners was scheduled to take place a week after the end of the original deadline, yet it's been more than a week since the extended deadline passed. I wonder if the additional time is needed to put them into the correct format or because of the number of entries.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on this?

I actually got a hold of Josh yesterday, he said they're running stuff past legal and the NFL. I didn't ask for a timeline, it didn't seem very polite of me to do so. I imagine we'll know soonish, though.

Anyone who works in this field professionally can tell you legal is the absolute worst at holding a deadline, :lol:

Archived