A New Logo

GatorHunter

It's interesting, the typeface certainly resembles something I'd see on a wall, but the arrangement of the words is throwing me off a little, I think if the "of" wasn't sandwiched in between the Graffiti and War.

Also, I'm finding the black and blue logos a bit hard to read, I can see the red one the clearest.

It's an improvement over their old logo. Liking that you kept the arrow in there.

Honestly?!

It looks like you used some of these whack graffiti fonts you'd find on dafont.com or something. If you ask anyone out of the graffiti community, that is pretty much the lowest form of style biting there is. And if you really can't draw up something yourself - by hand! - then at least chose some font that is not such an ugly toy style. Graffiti produces some of the best caligraphy and lettering of modern times, but also some of the worst...

Sorry for being so blunt.

If I was the owner of that company I would consider my previous logo an improvement over what you've done. That's my dick-ish criticism.

My advice: Start completely over and take your time!

You have TONS of graffiti-style fonts to work with from dafont! Here's a link! Download many of them and try them out in different variations.

Look at 'graffiti-ied' logos.

batman_graffiti_logo_greeting_card-ref6a

nike_graffiti___logo_by_elclon-d5rj9na.p

nike_sb___graffiti_logo_by_elclon-d31rzs

Get creative, challenge yourself, and don't settle for something mediocre.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

GatorHunter, please don't take my previous post as a discouragement. I realize that you came here with the best intentions with your work and all I have done was being an uber ass. I guess some more contructive feedback would serve you better. So here are some pointers...

1) Take it to pen and paper and start from there. Later you can still scan it and play around with PS.

2) The "Graffiti Of War" word mark should be in tag style, as it is a bit too long for a style with fill in. So practice "tagging it", until you've found a tag that looks cool as a whole and where the individual letters fit neatly to each other.

3) The "GOW" is more suitable for an artwork with fill in. Given what it stands for, I would propose a blocky silver style with sharp edges and/or some dirty outlines with messy drips.

I hope that helps and I am curious what you can come up with.

Again, sorry for my bluntness before.

GatorHunter, please don't take my previous post as a discouragement. I realize that you came here with the best intentions with your work and all I have done was being an uber ass. I guess some more contructive feedback would serve you better. So here are some pointers...

1) Take it to pen and paper and start from there. Later you can still scan it and play around with PS.

2) The "Graffiti Of War" word mark should be in tag style, as it is a bit too long for a style with fill in. So practice "tagging it", until you've found a tag that looks cool as a whole and where the individual letters fit neatly to each other.

3) The "GOW" is more suitable for an artwork with fill in. Given what it stands for, I would propose a blocky silver style with sharp edges and/or some dirty outlines with messy drips.

I hope that helps and I am curious what you can come up with.

Again, sorry for my bluntness before.

This is a great suggestion. Graffiti's really hard to form with a graphics suite unless you have a tablet because so much of the basis behind the style involves an artistic eye and hand.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think I was trying to force the Gaffiti Style logo, but Im not to good at it. My style is more of a professional clean look. So this is what I came up with.

fx49li.png

Now it looks like it is some computer program or something, i dont think this is the look you are going for, especially with it being so much different than your original work

Put together 10 drafts of ideas. Take your time and get weird with each one of them.

This thing you just made? It's not one of them. Throw it away.

twitter

I think I was trying to force the Gaffiti Style logo, but Im not to good at it. My style is more of a professional clean look. So this is what I came up with.

fx49li.png

Now it looks like it is some computer program or something, i dont think this is the look you are going for, especially with it being so much different than your original work

Put together 10 drafts of ideas. Take your time and get weird with each one of them.

This thing you just made? It's not one of them. Throw it away.

I like the idea of trying something different. Don't pigeon-hole yourself into one concept early on. Honestly, if you're just going to throw something together with graffiti fonts, you probably won't do better than the original.

Take a piece of paper and rough sketch out ideas, no matter what you think of the ideas that show up. It'll jog something loose. Right now you're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, and it's not working. If you have free reign on something like this, that's the best way to go. It's a different story if you have a clear vision, but it's apparent that you do not in this case :)

One of my favorite articles to reference in situations like this: http://www.davidairey.com/personal-logo-design-sketches/

By the way... What is the main application of your "Graffiti Of War" logo about actually? Is it for a publication (website or print), or an exhibition, or what is it?

graffitiofwar.com, The logo will be on the website, printed, t-shirts, just about every media.

Taking advice and sketching, so will be awhile before i post anything else

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

can i submit this photo and see if they want to go with it, before you go through the trouble of vectoring it? by the way, if they do go with this logo, you will get a copy of all the T-shirts it is printed on for free. also, they need a logo with just GOW on it to match.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

Archived