The Alternate Soccer Universe: Ligue Première De Football -- Corsaires (January 22)

MDGP

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet!! My suggestions worked haha! I think whats throwing it off is that the wings dont line up to the top corners of the crest. Also, I must ay, I liked what you did before when you made the red turn into a slight outline on the bat to emphasize it. Maybe try that as well? It's really looking good though.

For the Brigade, very unique logo. (you are really good at making unique material). Love the colours too, and the retro logo is neat too. The thing I like about soccer - at least in Europe - it doesnt matter the size of the town, if you have players who want to play, they will play. That being said, I also think Portsmouth, York, Dover, Somersworth, Rochester etc. offer enough initial population and interest. Also in a realistic mindset, there are no other major sports in the area so its even more likely to have good attendance and the names of the towns are very much English too. Plus Portsmouth has an Int'l airport so thats gotta mean something right? haha

Thanks for the responses ! Glad to see you guys like the Brigade (which is sort of a pet project of mine).

I can't multi-quote on my phone, but I'll do my best with personalized responses.

1clkgtramg- Gotta thank you for the suggestions on Austin. The newest ones definitely were upgrades. I'm also interested to hear how you gained such familiar with the Southern Maine/NH border area, most non-New Englanders only know Kittery, haha.

thrbutkiker- I actually got this template here, probably three years ago. Another person asked about it too, but I've had no luck finding it again. Sorry about that.

VictoriaGooner- Haha , got to agree with you there. I'd totally do a league with only local breweries if it actually made sense, haha.

Got the next team coming up either late tonight or tomorrow morning. HINT: It's colorful, Floridian, and a little bit Dutch.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I like maps and geography and all that nomsense lol. I always have Google Maps up and fin myself just scrolling through places. I was looking at Lowell area because I made a concept for Shawsheen Indians FC from the 1920's. i ended up double checking if NH touched the Atlantic and then I found Portsmouth. I also noticed it had an Int'l airport. Those things get stuck in my head so when you mentioned Eliot, I instantly knew what it was haha

Looks like it is time for team #6. Founded in 1968 in St. Petersburg, the Tampa Bay Soccer Club quickly became one of Florida's elite soccer franchises. After winning 3 championships in four seasons (including their inaugural season), the ASF decided to make a play for the squad. In 1973, Tampa Bay officially became a member franchise, and remain the only team to have existed prior to playing in the ASF while not being one of the Original 4.

CREST

Despite the name Tampa Bay, owners wanted the team to represent St. Petersburg. In order to do this, they decided to go literal. The crest utilizes elements from the city seal (the shape), and the city flag. Within the roundel are 5 different colored segments, each a color on the flag of St. Petersburg (though slightly altered colors). Within that is a pelican standing on a soccer ball. Both the city seal and flag prominently feature a pelican as well.

ASFNPTampaBay_zpsa2b8144b.png
(Click to Zoom)

UNIFORMS

The uniforms are outfitted by Puma, and feature Raymond James as a shirt sponsor. They also feature three stars above the crest, representing the three championships they won during the 1990s. Prominently featured are the rainbow colors seen on the crest. On the home jersey, the main stripe and pants stripes both feature this pattern, and the collar and sleeve trim both feature the five colors as well. Because the design is somewhat complex and colorful, the shirt sponsor was moved towards the side of the shirts for better balance. The socks on both jerseys are simply the same colors as the shirts.
The clash jersey is primarily orange, and features a sublimated version of the stripe. Word and trim elements are primarily white on this jersey, drawing comparisons to the Dutch National team's signature look. Like the home jersey, the collar features the five colors on a white background. Because of the sublimation, the shirt sponsor is centered on the clash jersey.

ASFNPTampaBay_zps220a0f29.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I am a fan of the Tampa Bay SC crest...very nice as it's simple and encompasses everything about St. Petersburg. I'm a little unsure about the home kit with the five colored stripes....plus with the sponsor logo off centered, just can't put my finer on it. Loving the league and club history with each club released.

Glad you guys like Tampa Bay. That crest is one of the few logos that looked exactly the same from my mind through the final product, so I'm glad to see my inspiration worked out.

No new teams at the moment, but I do have a relatively large update in the presentation style and a bump. I feel that this is much cleaner, modern, and professional. Each logo sheet contains the official team name, location, and establishment year on the top, with the number of championships won and they year of each victory at the bottom.

I'm loving everything about this identity. Creamsicle orange is a great color for any Florida team, and I'm starting to think every league should have a "rainbow" team.

Next up:

Club Deportivo Fénix.

The Fénix were founded in 1972 in Scottsdale, AZ by Hernando Raúl and Andrés Léon Romero, two brothers originally from Hermosillo, Mexico. In order to honor their roots as well as the hispanic influence in Phoenix, the brothers named the team entirely in spanish. Obviously, a popular name is a translated version of the name, CD Phoenix.

CREST

The team features a unique color scheme of purple and tan, with red as a tertiary color, and sky blue as an accent.

Fenix_zps83880e99.png

(Click to Zoom)

The Fénix crest is in the shape of the state of Arizona. Its main feature is a banner, featuring a design inspired by traditional traditional southwest Native American and Mexican patterns (seen most famously on blankets). Above the banner is a sublimated setting sun, inspired by the flag of Arizona.

UNIFORMS

The Fénix are outfitted by Nike and sponsored by P.F. Chang's, also founded in Scottsdale. Both uniforms feature the striping from the crest on the sleeves. The primary uniform is purple with tan shorts. The away uniform is white with purple accents, and purple shorts.

Feacutenixuniforms_zps982590d3.png

(Click to Zoom)

THIRD

Nicknamed the "Desert Sunset" uniforms, inspired by Barcelona's gradient jerseys, but to a greater extreme. The gradient transforms from navy blue to orange and features orange shorts. The numbers and shirt sponsor are both plain white.

Fe3010nixThird_zps5e8cf89a.png

(Click to Zoom)

C+C, Bring it

This ones actually pretty cool. Its unorthodox, but it looks cool as a whole.

Oh I forgot to ask, what font did you use? I've been looking for a good Arizona font to use in my US License Plate thread.

It certainly is unorthodox. I'm getting to the point where I really want to push myself creatively. I figure it won't hurt to try and change it up and try something different.

In regards to the font, I used two in this concept. The one from the logo is called Corduroy Slab, and can be found here. The jersey numbers and name on back are called Facet Bold Rush. That one is a part of Conrad's font packs.

Now Fénix, that is a concept! I love everything about it!

Thank you! Really glad you like it.

Damn, Fénix is good. Not to mention the rest of the teams. But now I hate you. In the nicest possible way (read: jealous).

:notworthy:

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived