Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Notch Novelty

Todd Bertuzzi

93 posts in this topic

Months later after the Todd Bertuzzi incident - I ended up on a site backbertuzzi.com and found interesting article.

Did he really mean to "drive Moore's face into the ice?" It is out opinion at BackBertuzzi.com that, that's simply not true and that it makes for a more drastic story for the media so they are obviously trying to drum it up, however one viewer has sent us some evidence that may suggest that Bertuzzi may have tripped over a stick which caused him to loose balance. Check out the photo, and keep your submissions coming!
backbertuzzi.com

http://www.backbertuzzi.com/Trip.htm

I feel the suspension of Todd Bertuzzi was good enough for length of the season and Gretzky not picking him for the World Cup. He should be able to return when the NHL season begins again. He didn't mean to drive Moore's face into ice.

It's part of hockey - violence it is. That is the beauty of hockey. We settle the scores on the ice unless some crazy incidents in Juniors have you chasing the bus down of opposing team. :D Enforcers are big part of the game and may have you fighting more than once. Moore injuried Nauslund and regardless if Moore fought once that night he might have to fight again. Nauslund is the team's leader and star player - if you injuried star player your going to pay it's the way hockey has been and that is the way hockey players like it.

We don't know what Moore said to Bertuzzi, We don't know if Moore was afraid to fight Moore and would of turtled, and we don't know if Moore was chirping at Bertuzzi all game.

I think non-hockey players/fans are saying that is gross put him in jail but now you look at it different - especially being hockey player I think it was clearly acident and understand the blood flowing and heat of the moment.

I don't think Police should ever get involved in any sport unless you kill man on purpose. For example taking your skate off and using it as weapon.

Free Todd Bertuzzi anyone got a background of him????

That is my 2 cents

regardless of whether or not he tripped over a stick... he still assaulted him. And it was his own stick he tripped on, if he wasn't sucker punching him in the back of the head, it wouldn't have been on the ground. Simple logic.

And to say that Moore was afraid to fight is absurd -- Moore had already taken down Brad May earlier in the game in a fight and May is supposed to be their best fighter. How convenient that Bertuzzi didn't attack Moore until the shift in which Worrell was off the ice, huh?

And since you think you should be able to hide behind the fact that it was on the field of play in a sport and there was no intention to kill anyone, I guess McSorley hitting Donald Brashear with his stick in the face was fair game to?

And the whole stick thing is just these people look for an excuse to back their man. Bertuzzi was gliding at the time, a stick on the ice usually won't trip a player up unless you lift your skate and then put it down on it -- and certainly not while you're gliding. I know this from experience. Also, at the point in which the stick even comes into contact with the stick. Take a look at the 2nd picture down on the right -- whether or not Bertuzzi goes down with him, Steve Moore is about to fall and the ice head first.

Do I agree that he shouldn't be suspended any more? Yes.

Do I agree that Moore was somewhat at fault? HELL NO. Your first argument destroys that. Moore's hit was part of the game of hockey. Bertuzzi's hit was the most disgusting display of brutality I have ever seen in my 20 years of playing/watching the sport.

I think Perezogin stick incident was much worse. I see what your saying about Worrell getting off the ice. I wouldn't fight Worrel or Brashear. Bertuzzi is hell a lot better than May in terms of fist throwing. May wasn't fighter in Buffalo when he was a Sabre. I think Bertuzzi could go even with Worrell.

Here's what I think Todd was trying to do - punching him in the head trying to remove Moore's bucket and just pound fists to him.

I think it could of been prevented if Moore would of faced Todd and drop the gloves, would you guys think? Simple logic would of been after getting punch would be drop the gloves or turtle.

Moore's hit on Nas is part of the game - def

Moore having to answer to Canucks apart of the game - def

so a guy wants to just avoid a fight in a game that is pointless at that time, no reason to show emotion and fight cuz' they were up by some 7 goals so it's his fault? That's a lame argument. May was the guy they sent out for Moore and Moore kicked his ass, bottom line.

Moore DID answer the Canucks by kicking May's ass.

Moore isn't an enforcer? He isn't Forsberg nor Sakic, you injury your opponents top player you have to drop the gloves. Simple as that. He has to answer to Canucks till Canucks have settled the score.

It's Un-written Rule of Hockey

Yeah, well "Attack the guy that injured your player (Even though he's fought already)And break his neck" is not an "unwritten rule of hockey".

what's the point in a 7 point game? At some point, the score speaks for itself -- not your ability to fight. He already answered the Canucks first attempt at retaliation. And now his careers possibly over because Bertuzzi wasn't a man about it. Be a man and fight your opponent face to face, not with a punch to the side of his head.

I'm going to agree with Bertuzzi should of got infront of him but what we don't know if Moore said "i ain't turning around" or something along those lines and Todd could of been trying to fight Bertuzzi the whole game and Moore could of simply refused.

Any level of hockey that allowed fighting that I played when the score was out of hand - was drop the gloves boys the games a wash or something along those lines.

Most hockey players will agree.

We don't know a lot of things but just what we know and what we don't know - It was acident to break his neck.

Now, what if Moore returns and injuries Bertuzzi - should we call it evening up the score?

I think to really understand the un-written rules of hockey - you must of played hockey

But I see what you saying thou Habs and End

There's no way he was trying to get Moore all game. Moore was willing to fight early, as shown by his fight with May. Bertuzzi promised pay back, and he pretty much ended his career with a cheap shot -- isn't that premeditated assault/

I think it could of been prevented if Moore would of faced Todd and drop the gloves, would you guys think?

Moore's hit on Nas is part of the game - def

Moore having to answer to Canucks apart of the game - def

While I agree that the whole thing would have been avoided if Moore decided to fight Bertuzzi head on, and that Moore's hit on Naslund is part of the game of hockey, Bertuzzi's form of retribution is completely unexcusable from the game of hockey. It was a form of pre-meditated head-hunting...he had two games before hand to get his revenge and finally waited till the third period when the game was effectively done to maul him. I also feel that if Moore had lost the fight earlier in the game, then perhaps all would have been forgotten. Everyone knew Moore was gonna pay for it, but nobody predicted how badly it really was. Why do you think the Vancouver police are charging him?

I don't think he tripped on his stick. If you push a stick with your skate on the ice, wouldn't that just push the stick away? I know if you step on it, you'll trip (or not, if you have good balance).

Bertuzzi deserved his suspension, no doubt about that. I'm not too worried about him coming back either, because you know he's gonna watched like a hawk and if he tries anything stupid again, he's gone. But I hate these stupid people that want to make Bertuzzi out to be the victim. I know one guy from another message board who hated Moore so much after that hit he put on Naslund that he felt he definately deserved this neck-breaking. And then when it was later revealed that Naslund also had something like a fractured-wrist that was affecting his shooting, then he wished that Moore goes out and gets hit by a bus on his way out of the hospital. It sickens me.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I agree with you Roger for most part

Fellas, your missing the point - Moore has to fight anyone on Canucks roster, Moore injuried Nas and must pay consiquences unfortunately his neck broke. I don't care if Moore beat up Sedin's at the same time and May if Bertuzzi wants to fight him, he has to or just turtle and keep mouth shut.

Though Bertuzzi should of swung him around atleast bad mouthed his mother :D to get Moore to turn him around

I agree with you Roger for most part

Fellas, your missing the point - Moore has to fight anyone on Canucks roster, Moore injuried Nas and must pay consiquences unfortunately his neck broke.

YOU are missing the point. May faught Moore. It was done. Finished. Kaput.

That's pretty much how I've seen it work in the past. In my opinion, if you're attempting to get revenge -- you have one shot to do so. Any more than that and you're just wasting everyones time. And quit acting like hockey is the ultimate game of revenge and masculinity. It sounds retarded saying crap like "If you're summoned to fight, you must do so, or else your fate is in anothers hands."

Bottom line, it should've been over with after the first fight.

And since it wasn't supposed to be brutal or cheap -- why did Bertuzzi elect not to do it when they played in Denver in between the game of Naslunds injury and the game in which Moore got hurt?

Moore's hit on Nazzy = Questionable at worst, pretty obviously an accedent though. Nazzy's injuries were a result of unfortunate circumstances. There was a reason it wasn't penalized in the game, and after plenty of review, there was a reason the league didn't take action.

Betuzzi's assult on Moore = Obviously intentional (unless you're an idiot). While I doubt he was trying to hurt him as bad as he did, it looks like there was an intent to injure. It was clearly premeditated, as "heat of the moment" things don't happen weeks after the fact. Bertuzzi's a thug with no business being allowed to play this game, and Crawford's a dickhole who, as far as I can tell, facilitated this kind of behavior. Everyone saw his little tatrum. It smacked of arrogance and a holier than thou attitude, and I'm glad the Canucks got their asses beat early in the playoffs, like they always do. It was a fitting end to an underperforming team that's more concerned with pissing contests than hockey.

Most Canucks fans were as offended by the incident as any other hockey fan. The only people who try to justify Bertuzzi's hit are complete idiots. The same people who subscribe to stupid gang mentalities and blindly follow their emotions. People like Bertuzzi.

It's sad to see that the people and the media who don't follow hockey all of the sudden get in on the hockey bashing (pardon the expression.) The story was in the first segment of the newscasts here in the Bay Area with one of the anchors calling Bertuzzi, Steve Bertucci. If you don't know the facts, don't report it.

With that said, every time an incident like this happens in hockey it always gets front page news. When a guy is intentionally hit in the head with a baseball most baseball people say its a part of the game. When a defensive back nails a receiver helmet to helmet in football they say that's just a part of the game, but when serious injuries take place, they go un-noticed in the overall news. But when hockey (I guess is the evil sport for those who don't watch it) has something like this happen, FRONT PAGE, TOP STORY! It's sad to see that most people who don't know hockey, their only glimpse of the sport when asked is, "they have brawls, and sucker punches and try to kill people." You ask non-hockey people (none on this board of course) what they think of when they hear about hockey its violence. It's a sad state.

Back to the topic. Moore's hit was definitely questionable, but how the Canucks, their coaches, and even management reacted afterwards in a "we're gonna get 'em" mentality, it shows, that this was complete revenge and completely intentional. Of course, none of the parties expected for what happened to go down. I agree, that Bertuzzi should've gone around and went face to face, but a bigger man wouldn't sucker punch for revenge. I wouldn't be suprised if Moore can no longer play if he sues Bertuzzi for money he lost because he wasn't playing in the NHL. And I think if Moore is the only one on the ice, and not the others who actually jumped on him because Bertuzzi was still on top of him, maybe Moore's injuries aren't as serious as they are.

However, this was intentional, not exactly how Bertuzzi wanted it, but now how do the Canucks, Bertuzzi, management and players feel now about getting back of Naslund's hit? Like Jim Hughson said during that game, "its gone too far." Also, Notorious are there more still shots of the incident, I'd like to see the following frames of that to see further on the stick trip case.

Also, I have had intent to injure situations happen to me. I took one blow to the chin by a player who charged me ducked and came up to knock me out. I was out for what I was told for 2 minutes, which was the same amount the guy got for charging. I continued on, because we were short players and my coach made me. So with 3 minutes left I start to skate up ice but the guy did the same thing and I was out cold for awhile. I still get headaches from it, and the guy only got a double-minor and the MVP trophy for the playoffs, while our team was eliminated because our players tried to get payback.

Why didn't he do it in Denver? Another question we can't answer.

Atleast everyone can agree it was obvisious acident. In Mark Cuban's eyes' this would be good for the league.

Bertuzzi is a leader of the Canucks and therefore has to show the team that you won't get away with injuring Nas - it's doesn't matter if Moore faught four times that night he might have to answer again. Just how it works in hockey.

I think Bertuzzi will be a target when the Avs and Canucks play especially in Denver, he will get booed a lot. I hope Bertuzzi's fights a few times that night so we can just have water under the bridge.

Why didn't he do it in Denver? Another question we can't answer.

I think the main reasons he didn't do it in Denver was because he knew the crowd wouldn't let him leave the arena in one piece.

Atleast everyone can agree it was obvisious acident. In Mark Cuban's eyes' this would be good for the league.

I have no clue what you are trying to say in the first sentence, but this whole incident, from Moore's initial hit to Bertuzzi's mauling, none of it was accidental. Moore's hit on Naslund may have been a last second decision, but it sure wasn't accidental.

Bertuzzi is a leader of the Canucks and therefore has to show the team that you won't get away with injuring Nas - it's doesn't matter if Moore faught four times that night he might have to answer again. Just how it works in hockey.

How come nobody has ever gone head-hunting Scott Stevens?

I don't think I've ever seen someone take continuous retribution for one incident. I've seen players constantly booed because of past actions like that, but I've never seen them have to fight endlessly just for the sake of retribution for one hit. Hell, if he lost that first fight afterwards, it's end of story. Sure he may fight again after that, but after that, it's just regular "heat of the moment" fighting, not "we ain't gonna stop till your dead".

Also, Naslund wears the C.

I think Bertuzzi will be a target when the Avs and Canucks play especially in Denver, he will get booed a lot. I hope Bertuzzi's fights a few times that night so we can just have water under the bridge.

He'll definately be booed in Denver, I don't think anyone will doubt that. However you know that his return will be under so cautious circumstances that he can ill afford to fight, let alone have multiple fights in a single game against the team he crippled. Also, doing exactly that would definately not be "water under the bridge", that would just be another example of exactly what the Canucks tried to do with Moore, only with the sides reversed and potentially winding up in Bertuzzi lying unconscious on the ice with a broken neck.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

There's no point in arguing... he plays hockey, and we don't therefore he's automatically right. :rolleyes:

Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL and if convicted in a court of law, put in jail for some time. much as i like Bertuzzi, and i do hes a player i really do like, HOWEVER, the NHL doesn't have room for that type of crimal behavior and should be punished accordingly.

i would have the same feelings if it was a member of the thrashers that pulled a stunt like that. don't care if its Kovalchuk or Heatley behavior like that is criminal and it should be prosecuted accordingly.

Yeah, I'm always right - it's opinion and it has been stated. No, one will be right or wrong. Here. I believe anyone who still plays the game will have more knowledge than someone who doesn't :D

Todd Bertuzzi would of be able to leave arena, I have seen it worse. Bertuzzi will get the same as McSorley did, Bertuzzi served his dues and now should be able to return. Breaking Moore's neck was accidental.

I have no clue what you are trying to say in the first sentence, but this whole incident, from Moore's initial hit to Bertuzzi's mauling, none of it was accidental. Moore's hit on Naslund may have been a last second decision, but it sure wasn't accidental. Regardless who wears the C, could be for a player to play better, goalies don't need a C or A to be leaders and goalies can be leaders. Your still a leader in the lockeroom regardless if a letter is on your chest or not.

This hockey and hockey has a way of doing things.

I don't know why they don't come after Scott Stevens but I do remember Lindros beating up on ole Scotty. What about when Lindros got head hunted by D on Caps, didn't Lindros dropped the gloves the very next faceoff?

Jail? I don't think so....

There's no point in arguing... he plays hockey, and we don't therefore he's automatically right. :rolleyes:

Excuse me, but I play hockey too.

XBox does count, right?

so....since i've played hockey for longer than notoriousap has been alive, does that make me more correct than him on hockey matters?